Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is anyone familiar with Dr. Maese (waiting on ins) and hoping to join the club!!!

Hey guys, I am around the Dfw area and waiting on insurance to kick in. I already talked to Dr. Maese and his office about wanting to get the lapband done and maked sure that they accept my ins..Yes, they do :D So I am willing to hear any helpful info you may have on all of this...I have been reading alot of your posts and comments lately and they have helped so much.

I am 26 and have 3 kids, one of them is a toddler (20 months) who sleeps in a crib. So I have two Questions....

1) I am the only available person that can put him in his crib everyday will this effect the lapband? Not to mention that he is a Big momma's boy :)

2) I love to drink Water and it just get's really hot out here most the time. We go outside and swim and my kid's participate in sports in the hottest times of the year. So ofcourse I get really thirsty and did I mention love Water. lol Is this a problem?

You'll need some assistance to put the baby in the crib the first few days, for sure. Also, Dr Maese really only does fills, unless something has changed. He is the nephew of one of the Mexican doctors and probably has more experience at doing fills than any other fill Dr in the US since he's been doing them for years before the band was approved in the states. Last I heard, he refers you to Dr. Benevides to do the actual surgery. Dr. B practices at Surgery Center of Richardson, which is NOT contracted with any insurance but does take 'out of network' benefits. Problem is, some insurances say that if there IS a contracted facility in the area, they will not pay 'out of network' benefits. Be sure to ask about this with your provider.

Thank you for the help... I called the office and they told me that Dr.B and him are no longer together. I am familiar with him too. My mom's sees Dr. Maese for her pacemaker. I am not sure about the out of network since I live in the sticks lol there is really nothing around us. So maybe that will work in my favor :D I hope so. Thanks for your help and time!

Leatha is correct on Dr. Maese. I cut and pasted an e-mail form his office below for information on his fills.

"Dr. Maese is not a surgeon, he provides post op care and adjustments of the band. His cost for fills of band placed in Mexico is $200, done under flouro in his Dallas office (214) 234-0330."

Barb thanks for the help too. I know fro sure that I want to get my lapband performed from a local Doctor from DFW area..so if any of oyu have any suggestions please feel free to help. So he would do my post op and fills? I have seen many patients there that are lapband patients. Have any of you looked on his website? Thanks again for the help...

I have seen Dr Maese, but I'd sure ask IF he's no longer referring to Dr B, who is he referring to?? He is primarily a cardiologist and does band fills, he is not a band surgeon.

There are several docs in the area, Dr B, Dr Cribbins, Dr Hamn, Dr Veninga in Carrollton, Dr Adam Smith, Dr Jayasaleen, Dr Provost and many others.. I'd be interested to hear who Dr Maese is working with now.

I started with Dr. Maese and he refered me to Dr. Cribbons, I already knew dr Cribbons because my almost x-husband had surg done by him years age...any way, Dr. Maese's office was a huge help for me but I had dr Cribbons do my fill also, I've only had one though, I decided to have Cribbons do it because I never got a call back from MAese's office after my surg when I called to ask when he wanted to see me post-op. I realy like Mases but that really bothered me since I left 3 messages and still have ot heard from them.

Give dr Cribbons office a call, he is very nice and Gentle!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Dr Maese got my ball rolling. He sent me to Dr. Hagood in Dallas who was GREAT. I had my surgery 6/30/05 and will have my first fill Monday 8/8. Dr. Maese does do only fills and will refer you to an outside doctor to do your surgery. Once again, I loved Dr. Hagood and he does most of his surgery at St. Paul off of Walnut Hill and Central Expressway. His office is located there as well.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where in the Dallas area is Dr. Maese located? I just moved to Texas (two days ago) and am not really familiar with the different towns surrounding Dallas.

I live in the Sherman/Denison area and am just wondering where Dr. Maese is located.

thanks!

Dr. Maese has an office in Ferris and one in Dallas. The one in Ferris will be too far for you and the office in Dallas I have no idea where it is located. You might add a post and see if someone can help you.

Good luck!!!! and Welcome to Texas!!!!

NeeCee

I have an appointment to get my first fill there on Monday. The name is Preston Cardiology Wellness Center. I don't know exactly where it is but the address is 6170 Sherry Lane, off of Preston, in north Dallas. I believe the phone number is 214-234-0330. The office told me to do a Yahoo search for driving directions! I live in Oklahoma City so it will take me about three hours to get there but it's worth it to me since Dr. Maese has had so much experience and uses flouroscopy.

Dr. Maese's staff did my 2nd fill and will do all the othrs hopefully. I found his staff to be professional, helpful and very kind. Believe me the kindness counts.

Hello I have had my cardio clearence with dr maese and i Found him to be really nice I am using Dr Wade Barker for my lap band he is in mesquite and an awsome man I am self pay and my cost is 10,600

Bdlstarr I would use Dr Barker even if i had ins that paid 100% I am not using him because he is cheap I have been doing research on this for about 9 months and at first i was ghoing to MX but my son just had a complete melt down so i then started looking state side for an md and found barker

My surgery date is 8/19/05 yeaaa I'll see you on the loosing side

Ramona