Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Do you actually get to plan the shower or has she already instructed you?!

I seemed to jump on the carb addict wagon too. The ladies at work ordered pizza for lunch and I thought "Mmmm. Ok!". I had major carb-gorge today. Ugh. I didn't get much sleep, maybe that had something to do with it.

Hi everyone...weekend is here and these are always the hardest for me but I see Dr. Park Monday morning so I am trying to be real good and hopefully will be 20 lbs down since 1/26 so I can move through the process.

I have my walks up to 2 miles--this weekend I hope to get a 3 mile walk in if the weather cooperates. If its raining I am gonna hit the inside of the mall walk.

Lee/John, you guys are doing great! I actully am thinking about switching to the sleeve. I am going to read more about it before Monday and I might send you a p/m if I have questions, I hope that is ok.

Nicole/Tamara, you guys are doing great also! Keep up the good work, you are both inspiring to me.

Been a weird week and I hope all the turmoil around us passes quickly...a couple friends at work were squabbling, my two sons were fighting, their school had 6 fights this week, students protesting all around and little turmoil in this forum...must be a full moon or something! Anyway, blessings to all and I am learning from ALL of you so I hope you guys don't break up the group and everyone sticks around.

Wish me luck for Monday with Dr. Park! I am so excited!

Do you actually get to plan the shower or has she already instructed you?!

I seemed to jump on the carb addict wagon too. The ladies at work ordered pizza for lunch and I thought "Mmmm. Ok!". I had major carb-gorge today. Ugh. I didn't get much sleep, maybe that had something to do with it.

Heather Dear, dust off and keep moving, it happens to all of us. I had a hiccup too on Wednesday but hey.. I did better today.

All I can say is not eatting after a fill for 48 hrs, IS NOT OK.

Candra – Sorry about your health insurance. My job is in the balance and I'm a bit scared it might not be around much longer. I’m hoping another position in my office opens soon so I can move into it.

Ali – Sure PM me questions or we can chat on the phone of you’d like. No problem!

Good Night all!

Top of the morning all! Today will be a great day!

Good morning everyone. I don't think it is going to rain today so I am looking forward to getting out in the garden and pulling some weeds.

I went to my nutrition and information about the surgery classes on Thursday and had a lot of my questions answered. I have one last appointment next Thursday with Dr. Baggs and then should be good to go for surgery on the 22nd. I think I am ready. I have only taken two weeks off work and am a bit worried about how tired every is on weeks 3 & 4. I have a huge month of work in April as I am taking the test for my administrative credential and have to take a class on two Saturdays as well as work during the week. I am praying I can do it as I don't want to have to wait until next October to take the test if at all possible. With all the teacher layoffs happening I want to put myself in a very secure place as quickly as possible.

Today I noticed that I can see the bones in my wrists. I think I had forgotten how that looks. :smile2:

Just checking in to say hi to all of you. Things are ok over here, I kinda hit a wall with the weight los, still have thoes pesky 7 lbs. :smile2: But I'm working realy hard on lowering my carbs. I was at the ER for 4 hrs. last night with my son who ran a 103.2 fever. All I can say is Antioch Kaiser ER needs to get their stuff together. the good news is he is ok. I hope all of you are doing well. I'm looking foward to my apt. on Thurs. :)

Good Morning Good Morning!!!

So TOM is gone and so are the lbs!! Down to 205 this AM... Yay. Im not gunna change my ticker till I see Dr. Fisher on the 19th.

John I hope eating the Protein is helping.

Laurel, I went back to work after 2 weeks and just made sure I had some protein with me. I was ok. I sit at a desk and had to get up and walk around a bit throughout the day but I got all my Water in and that helped majorly.

Well off to go shopping with my hunny bunny. Have a GREAT DAY!!!

Hi Nicole,

It is good to hear that you went back to work after 2 weeks with no trouble. On Thursday at the nutrition meeting Liz and Robin said we didn't need to worry about Protein Shakes. I am glad about that, but will have to be careful about taking Protein along with me when I go back to work.

I made some delish peach Decaf iced tea today. I am totally off caffeine now, but do love iced tea when the weather gets warmer.

Well, back to the garden for some more weed pulling.

Hi Ladies!!

Thanks for the well wishes! I’m feeling much better now that I’ve had some Protein the last few days. I treated myself to a scoop and half of ice cream!

Ashley – I’m glad your son is OK!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

I see Dr Park Monday, its my first apt with anyone since my orientation. Will she set my surgery date then or does that come later (assuming she likes my weight loss thus far)?

Do I have to complete the other stuff before I get a tentative date?

Hi Ali,

I think it's Liz that sets your surgery date when you get your case manager appointment.

Dr. Park did my pre-op history because Dr. Baggs was on vacation. I asked her if she would step in and do my Sleeve if Dr. Baggs wasn't back. She said that the wasn't able to at this time. I think that other surgeon's have more experience with the Sleeve right now. Don't let that deter you. If you're interested in the Sleeve, she can refer you to someone else. I think the Sleeve is the best option in 2010. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to ask questions. I know John will also answer questions.

Well John, you may be feeling better, but you've sent your wall of fatigue to me! Maybe it was just that I worked 4 days in my office last week. Dunno. I slept 9 hours last night, read in bed for 2 hours when I woke up. Still in my Jammies. Just watched "The Informant" and I'm about to watch "UP". I may need to nap this afternoon. Other than tired, doing great!

CoCo... look at your losing weight! You go girl!!

Laurel, it looks like you're next up for surgery!! I think Dr. Baggs is terrific. You're in great hands. I did some Protein Shakes in the full liquid stage, just to get some Protein in. I think it kept me feeling really good, with energy to work and go for walks.

Ash, I'm sorry you ended up back at the doc with your son. :smile2:

Thanks Lee - I saw the same psych.

John - I so hope the job thing works out for you - my husband is an electrician in SF so on top of him getting hurt & having surgery, business is real slow.

Heather - you are too funny - yeah, the bridal party is planning the shower but she wants to be involved - she got veto'd! We're having a tea party with sundresses & sun hats. Gonna be in the park so we'll have to do Ice Tea unless anybody has some suggestions on how to heat up the Water in the park - LOL I'm gonna do a Decaf black tea, a green tea, a fruit tea, a thai tea with tapioca pearls & a long island ice tea LOL (JK) Actually, I am truly thinking of doing a spiced rum tea. Baking scones, making lemon curd & finger sammies. Thinking the ol faithful cucumber, a chicken almond sammie & a crab & cream cheese sammie - I've never done this before so if anybody has any insight that would be awsome!

Coco - did you find shoes yet?? Thanks for coming out last minute to shop with me!! You look beautiful my dear!!

Ali - I find that when I dont wear my pedometer I walk longer - when I see that I've done 2 miles I'm like, ok, that's enough!

BTW: I still don't know what the bones in my wrist look like LOL LOL

TamTam - hang in girlie - Snacks are just around the corner

Broke my carb cycle! OMG I cannot begin to tell you all how much more in control I feel without those crazy urges and cravings that I just kept giving in too! It took me what, 4 days? No wheat, either. My gut is thanking me! Took the boys to taco bell this afternoon, and I was perfectly happy with Water - really. I'm on my way again! scale moved too - almost 5 lbs in 4 days. YAY ME!

Laurel - hi! I went back to work (desk job) in 1 week and was perfectly fine. Surgery on a Monday and back to work the next Monday. The first day I got tired and went home early, but by Tuesday I was up for the full day. I think it's the lack of food that makes folks tired out further than week 2. Its hard to get enough Protein the close to surgery, but you can do it! Buy the magic bullet and puree protein foods into Soups :-)

More tomorrow - I'm waiting for Chris to get here now. I said no to movie theater movie because we always get popcorn - he's renting one on his way and I can munch on cucumber & hummus :-)

Edited by riley4183