Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hello everyone!!

So scanning the site I was told this:

Kaiser makes you attend 6 mos. of options classes before you even get to meet with a surgeon

hmmmm??? any info??

Not the way it went for me...............It took four months to get through the program for me and that was just bariatric appointments!!

I think so california might have to do the six months of classes though. Unless.................Kaiser changed the program. I haven't heard that though

I hope not!! I feel like everytime I get close something happens and I fall back alittle....lol...

I think after the first year you don't go in as much!! I like going in once a month forces me to be on top of stuff. I also like the support system I get with Richmond Bariatrics.......ya know always Robin, Liz and Dr. Baggs and now the nurse who I really like too.........

So Nicole you had a great appointment!! What did Dr. Baggs say?? I told you he would be happy with your weight lose. Girl tell me if you can still eat bread!! LOL. With a 1cc and over 7cc's you should be banned from bread now!!! NO fair you can still eat it........

Dr. Baggs told me to aim for 25-30 BMI as a goal weight. So I need to do the math. 150 is 25 but it sounds like that is the low end I could be higher and still healthy.........

Yea Donna your online!! YOu ready woman for your big debut?? Need any help??

I am up for lunch but I have some serious restriction going on so not sure what I can eat by than...........water is having to be sipped tonight no more chugging??? Not that I would ever chug!!!

Ok so I changed my ticker and made my first goal 30BMI and if that is my goal I am halfway there. I was 179 way back when and a size 12. I don't know if I like this goal for a final goal but I am gonna go with this first and if I get to 180 and don't feel comfortable will just keep setting my goal ten pounds lighter at a time until I get to a weight that feels right for me.........alot higher than i think I want but who knows...........it might work!! It is a starting point!!

Went to old navy today and the XXL was to big. I had to get the XL and I can't belive it fit!! It has been years since anything in Old Navy worked.........I have hope in a couple of months that my daughter and I might be able to shop in the same stores and I won't get so bored following her around..........NSV!! Ok I didn't buy anything but excited it fit anyway..........

Edited by swrktp

This is a great group of women! Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Today I met with my GP and because I'm at 38 BMI he is trying really hard to get me approved-LOVE HIM! He's at the Petaluma Kaiser, Dr. Gonzales. He had me get some x-rays (knees and hips) and if there is arthritis then no questions asked I should get approval, if not well, I don't want to go there.

I'm hopeful at this point. He scheduled my orientation for mid August in Sacramento. He also said the Richmond center is not doing surgery anymore? Would that make the center for me in SF? I live in Cotati.

A little bio on me: been dieting since I was 12, up and down weight, treated for Binge Eating Disorder 3 years ago and have dieted very little since because I binge if I feel deprived. If not dieting I'm not binging. Go figure.

I have lots of questions for real people like you ladies but won't ask them all at once as to overwhelm you.

First question: when you drink liquid does it just go down into the lower pouch or do you fill up on liquid? I drink a lot of Water.< /span>

Thanks again for making me feel welcome,

hot42

hmm that doesn't make sense. When I called for my casemanager apt she said she had surgery dates in Aug & Sept like they were waiting for someone to take them.....

Tina do tell about the flip flops. Remember I wanted to get them. I have to admit I have only had those MJ on once. Where did you get them. I am gonna look online now.

I found them online. Sold out everywhere. Sorta expensive though............

I finally got them through Victoria secret they were the only ones who had my size..........I mean serious Macy's, NOrdstroms............everyone was sold out.

Bath and Body has the basic ones. But I wanted black ones' I got the Electra Fitflop it is black with sequins so I can wear it to work but they are big and bulky but OMG so work the butt.........I am sore. I wear them 24/7 I LOVE them.

WHen it goes cold I will probably switch to the MJ's

I debated on the size but wear a 9 and went with a 9. I think they are a wee bit big but I think one lower would be to small..........I like them alot!!!

Hey girls! I had my fill today too and got .5 cc's, so Dr. Baggs said I'm up to 7.5 cc's. I'm hungry today!!! Can't wait to start eating a little tomorrow and seeing if I can tell a difference with my fill.

I'm also going to the Aug 20th group fill, and so is Candi and Nicole. Only 4 weeks from today! I'm hoping to lose 8-10 lbs before my next fill.

Late evenin ladies! So glad to hear the fills went well, how about for Candi?

Yes Tina, am preparing well for Sat, have spoke to Angel (everyone received an email from her?) and there WILL be a clothing exchange also!

Looking forward to seeing who can make it, of course a group picture, oh yeah and Jes's 'stick' figure, hehehe.

PM me, anyone who may still need directions...Tamra, Hot42 and Tanifaire...hope to see you all there! :D

Chris you answered my question the band does go above 7cc's!! I thought so.......

Nicole your above 7cc's too right.

Ok so we are all on the same day again. cool. I feel like I missed out today but nice to get home before noon.

I want to be down 12 pounds by the 20th. 199.anything would make me happy!!!

except for a couple of wheat thins it has been crystal light all day........not hungry but I bet I will be tomorrow!!

YOu girls all looked so GREAT today!!! Really good!! Is that cigar guy Gorden?? I could tell he has lost weight too..........

MY GOSH 3 PAGES!

Ok, Candra i know your reading to lol, it was nice seein ya for dinner. Mike thought you were funny.

Tina goodness you posted a lot i dont even know what to respond too.. oops.. but girl you must be feelin a little bit better..? I hope??? AND the reason he asked her is he knows she will tattle lol.

Um who else posted i cant even think...

I am on the 20th also:D AND, i found out i have 7.8 cc in my band.. OK i better freakin be close to the :"sweet" spot and i told him that and he said some peoples sweet spot is at 4cc im like omg no waaaaay! But i guess i had a lot of give in my band today so i got the 1cc, hey i dont mind:D And he asked if i wanted to come back next month or in 2.. ill take next month JUST IN CASE! :)

Tina bread is so not a good thing to get to eat, remember CARBS!!! omg such a weakness id much rather not be able to swallow the crap! Seriously!

I am really hoping this is the sweet spot so i can get the rest of this weight off within a couple months so i can stop stressing and start living and learning more:D

I think my mom wants a band but she said she wants to try south beach first.. she says im working way hard and she sees that and thinks sb would be easier, and if it doesnt work then..... she asks if anyone isnt successful, i said not in MY GROUP! Cause we all rock:D

ok i know a disadvantage to loosin weight.. im sitting here in bed audreys beside me then mike.. and i have probably 8 inches on both sides.. so plenty of space. i guess i liked her not sleeping in the big bed lol. We will see how long she sleeps.........

OK off to bed for me since i had to miss six flags today we are goin in the am, then rushin home i hear ihave some Wild Tree waiting for me... thats i guess if my delivery came same day then i get to shuffle it oh yay!:D Then i get to GO to a wildtree party whats cool is its at my friends house that lives in mine and Mikes very first apartment together. Its the one where we had our first date and everything. He lived there then i moved in.. so 8 yrs ago now, inscane!

Ok nite yall:D