Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so disgusted with myself

Ok... so I was banded on the 21st of November 2008. I thought I was prepared for the post surgery diet, but I've come to realize that I was so wrong. For the first 3 days, I did the clear liquid diet with no problems. For day 4 to 14, I was instructed to follow the full liquid diet program, and from week 2-4 I was to progress to soft/purees. On day 4, I was hungry and wanted something with substance. I had mushy Beans. I ate a very little bit and was full. I had no discomfort at all. That night, I drank the juice of a Soup. Since then, I've also had rice, bread, a very small amount of tender meat on Thanksgiving and Cereal.

I had actually convinced myself that as long as my body felt OK with it, I would be ok.

A couple of instances, I figured if I drank with my food, that I would just wash it down to the bottom of my stomach, and wouldn't disturb my pouch.

So from Monday until Satuday, I just pretended like the rules didn't apply to me. I felt fine, and convinced myself that as long as I didn't feel sick, I would be ok.

I found this forum and it was like a slap in the face. I am so scared of what I could have done to myself. I am going to get back on the bandwagon and hope it's not too late.

Just get right back on and you will be fine. I'm too scared of the band inside of me to screw it up. I'm only 11 days post -op and I can't stop thinking about food. I can't wait to try the soft food stage because I'm sick of the mushy's but I think my fear of having a foreign object inside me is what's keeping me on track.

There's still time to change! We all have slipped up in one way or another at some point on our journey. Just try and remember how much time & effort you have put into this thus far. You had to have made changes or they wouldn't have allowed the surgery. Of course it dosen't help that the Holidays are here and our famalies are all busy gaining the "Holiday 10" all around us! I reccomend you call your nutritionist on Monday & form a plan for the upcoming weeks. That's what they are there for,they realize there is a gradual need for food and will make sure you are physically post op safe. :cursing:

You can do this. You recognized the issue and are getting back on track. Find a support group, like this forum. If you are struggling with a post op diet phase then talk to your doctor. When the hunger gets bad try liquid Protein to make you full. Products like Isopure are clear liquid and high Protein.< /p>

Good luck!

You can do this. We all go through trial and errors. Just by posting this you are asking for help and we all can help you. But you have made the decision to do this. We can just help reassure you! :cursing:

I know it seems hard now but it gets better! We all have had our own trials and tribulations. In the end it makes you stronger and your story better!

PM me anytime if you need moral support! :blushing:

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

To be honest, I can do the diet. I put my mind to it before surgery, and did it, and I know I can do it again. My problem is support. I have 2 people that I rely on for support, but both of them have re-gained weight, and are WAY over-due for a fill--or even just a plain check-up. I'm so thankful that I found this forum. I am getting the suppport I need!

Do you think that my band will fail from what I did? I know it was only from Monday to Saturday, but in these early stages?? I'm so freaking out right now.

Realization has hit, and it's hitting me hard right now.

To be honest, I can do the diet. I put my mind to it before surgery, and did it, and I know I can do it again. My problem is support. I have 2 people that I rely on for support, but both of them have re-gained weight, and are WAY over-due for a fill--or even just a plain check-up. I'm so thankful that I found this forum. I am getting the suppport I need!

Do you think that my band will fail from what I did? I know it was only from Monday to Saturday, but in these early stages?? I'm so freaking out right now.

Realization has hit, and it's hitting me hard right now.

This is a good place for support. Friends you make here can be just as good as friends in real life and sometimes more because they are more willing to say it like it is.

As for your band, I doubt it but I think you should call your Dr for reassurance. Everyone is different and I can't say for sure. Good luck!

Ok... so I was banded on the 21st of November 2008. I thought I was prepared for the post surgery diet, but I've come to realize that I was so wrong. For the first 3 days, I did the clear liquid diet with no problems. For day 4 to 14, I was instructed to follow the full liquid diet program, and from week 2-4 I was to progress to soft/purees. On day 4, I was hungry and wanted something with substance. I had mushy Beans. I ate a very little bit and was full. I had no discomfort at all. That night, I drank the juice of a Soup. Since then, I've also had rice, bread, a very small amount of tender meat on Thanksgiving and Cereal.

I had actually convinced myself that as long as my body felt OK with it, I would be ok.

A couple of instances, I figured if I drank with my food, that I would just wash it down to the bottom of my stomach, and wouldn't disturb my pouch.

So from Monday until Satuday, I just pretended like the rules didn't apply to me. I felt fine, and convinced myself that as long as I didn't feel sick, I would be ok.

I found this forum and it was like a slap in the face. I am so scared of what I could have done to myself. I am going to get back on the bandwagon and hope it's not too late.

You can do this! Remember the reasons why you wanted the surgery. Dont beat yourself up anymore, just go forward. But I would definitely let your Dr. know what youve been eating. Im not sure if it will make any difference to what he tells you, but it might. And this site, come to it often, and read the uplifting things that other bandsters write. Read some of the questions and look at the experiences and judge for yourselfwith your Drs advice what is right for you. Remember, the band is NOT a cure-all, its a tool. Its there to help us lose weight, not to lose the weight for us.

I am 4 days post-op now and feel that i am one of the luckier ones. Ive had little pain, only took 3 pain pills in total, and i have been walking daily since the day after i came home. That has helped magnificently for me! Whenever i have felt some gas pains ive gotten outside and walked. Today its kinda rainy, so my daughter and i went to Kohls and walked around rather than walking outside. It was great! Both to be walking, and, to be somewhere with people around. And, as of this morning i have lost 7 lbs since my surgery 4 days ago. Amazing!

For food, you may want to try cream soup, maybe with some extra broth added if that helps. Im actually getting the Proteins and the liquids in, which is also helping. I think that the walking, the liquids, and the Protein, have all helped me. I hope it will help you, too.

Good luck! Im glad that you have found this website. Its truly been a Godsend for me!

Rhonda