Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hey, I'm wanting to be banded by Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver, and I was wondering if anyone went to him, if they liked him, does he have any hidden charges, what does he require pre-op, things like that. Thanks.

hi i was banded by dr k back in feb

hes cool doesnt have any hidden fees he is bery nice and the surgery center was nice too...

i am having some weird pain like spasms or something now though and i will have to have a dr here in florida look at my band and that will be costly ...

so, you're from florida... but went to dr. k. why?

Hi

Im from NJ, I finally gave up fighting my insurance company and am flying out to Colorado to get banded by Dr. Kirschenbaum on 12/17/08. I have read good things about him. The only bad thing I read about him was that he wouldnt accept some type of insurance, and that there was 1 complication where the lapband was defective. I would have had to pay $20,0000 here in NJ. Dr. K. is just under $10,000. And he is in the U.S. of A! I think the trip out to Colorado will be quite a savings in my pocket.

I am also being banded on 12/17/2008 also with Dr K.

They do tons of this type of surgery here, but my insurance doesn't cover it so I did a lot of research and found Dr K. to have the most experience and a price I could afford to self

pay.

I am soooo excited.

Hiker, where are you staying?? I have everything ready except for the hotel.

please let me know how dr. k is! I really want him to do mine, hopefully next may, but i just have to convince my parents to pay for it 5 years sooner than planned. thanks guys!

I am probably staying at either the Hilton Garden inn on maridian blvd. or the 4 points Sheratin. They looked like the nicest hotels that werent all that high, except the Hilton Garden supposedly offers a discount for patients of Dr, k. but when we called they knew nothing about it. So its still up in the air. Hey maybe I will see you there loving life!

Hey, I'm wanting to be banded by Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver, and I was wondering if anyone went to him, if they liked him, does he have any hidden charges, what does he require pre-op, things like that. Thanks.

Hi! I was banded by Dr.K on 9.29.08. No hidden charges w/Dr.K and the only pre-op diet he requires is one week no carbs. Very simple! I think he is fabulous and would recommend him to anyone. :thumbup:

Smsmithart,

How was the Laquinta hotel? Was it a nice place?

Hi! I was banded by Dr.K on 9.29.08. No hidden charges w/Dr.K and the only pre-op diet he requires is one week no carbs. Very simple! I think he is fabulous and would recommend him to anyone. :thumbup:

How long did the whole process take? From picking him, to talking with him, scheduling the surgery, and actually getting it?

How long did the whole process take? From picking him, to talking with him, scheduling the surgery, and actually getting it?

[Dr.K is a very busy man! However, I think I called around the 1st part of Aug. Had my consult 8/14 and scheduled surgery that day. So, I guess it was about 8 wks

Edited by 9pdmnm5

I'm also a patient of Dr. K's and I absolutely love him. I just had my first fill Friday. I flew out to CO from NC, but I chose him because I'm self-pay and he was the most affordable with the best experience that I found.

If you want to find a lot more of his patients, we all tend to gather in a thread in the Doctor's forum, called "Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum". The thread seems to always be at the top because we're a friendly, chatty bunch of girls!

Good luck to you!