Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did they even do anything?

From the minute I came out of recovery on Thu up until today, I have wondered if they even did anything. The only proof I have is the slight pain around my port site. I have had zero complications. Even when my tummy aches, it's more like a hunger pain, I sip some broth and it goes away.

Either I had an amazing surgeon, or my body just took to this like a fish to Water. I am afraid to say anything, because as soon as I do I'm sure I'll keel over in pain, but seriously, I thought this would be much more dramatic.

Did anyone else sail through this?

Hey MellyB - I did the same thing! I did not even have anything for pain during my stay in the hospital. I was really blessed that everything went so well - I was banded on 9/24/08 - and still feel great! So good luck and time will pass very quickly!!!!!!

I'm with you. If I didn't see the scars, I wouldn't believe they did anything. I don't even know where my port is.

Me too! Slight discomfort is all I felt, and that was only the first day or two. I was up walking, and really had no problems to speak of. Getting out of bed first thing in the morning was tough for a few days, but that's just because my muscles in my stomach were tight and I needed a little help.

I'm told that I can attribute it mostly to my age. I'm young, so my body tends to bounce back faster than someone, say, twice my age. But I don't know if there's any truth to that. I've been screaming since Day 1 to anyone who will listen to me - The lap band is the best decision I have ever made!

:thumbup::thumbup:

I have been doing well too. I can tell the band is there...I have restriction, whether they put Fluid in or its just swelling I am not sure. I definitely can't eat much. I have a little bit of gas pressure. But nothing major. And my incision pain is almost all the way gone, as is the soreness. I too am a relatively young patient and I do think that helps with a quicker recovery. *knocks wood*

Hi Melly,

My surgery was in June -i Day surgery, had to be @ srg center for 7am - was home by 1pm. I didn't have any problems, and was happy to be able to eat much after being on a strict pre-op diet. The great thing was I wasn't hungry!!! I didn't even sleep once I got home.......glad it went well........good luck

I was the same way. After a few days, I did have some trouble while eating. It was mostly with air wanting to come out while I was eating.

I have no trouble with eating or drinking now and I would also wonder if there was a band in there if I could not feel the port.

I get my first fill in two weeks so I think I will know there is a band then. My doc feels certain I will at any rate.