Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Openly Disgusting - Why Lose Weight?

I don't miss getting up in the middle of the night to go pee and it taking for ever to make the 1st step to the bathroom because my feet hurt so bad. I would just pray that I would make it those 20 steps. As far as the photos I did start a scrapbook my 1st day and have monthly updates. It is amazing to look back and see my progress. I have had several people take my book home to read and look at the pics. The size 32 pics look a lot different than the newest size 18 pics.

WOW! It must bring out all kinds of emotions in you when you look through your weight loss album. You're literally 1/2 the size you used to be but I bet you're twice the woman.

I don't fit the regular type -- I look much younger than my age. People usually figure me for my early- to mid-30's, which is fantastic. I wonder if I will look older once I lose. It's worth the trade-off, but I still wonder...

While I was fat I always looked young for my age. As I lost weight I started looking closer and closer to my real age. People were no longer expressing shock when I told them my age. This definitely hurt and was why I had me a face lift a year after I was banded.

WOW! It must bring out all kinds of emotions in you when you look through your weight loss album. You're literally 1/2 the size you used to be but I bet you're twice the woman.

I LOVE this saying, Donna!!

While I was fat I always looked young for my age. As I lost weight I started looking closer and closer to my real age. People were no longer expressing shock when I told them my age. This definitely hurt and was why I had me a face lift a year after I was banded.

If that happens to me, I probably won't like it -- but then I'll remember how I HATE HATE HATE being fat. That'll get me over it quick. :)

I LOVE this saying, Donna!!

I plagiarized it from a billboard on Highwy 59. :) It's so good I've been looking for an opportunity to use it.

I plagiarized it from a billboard on Highwy 59. :) It's so good I've been looking for an opportunity to use it.

Glad you shared. It's really good!

Wait, you reproduced?! There's little plains in the world?

LOL, perfect response . . . I was thinking the same thing and then saw that you said it. :thumbup:

I was tired of always having the lights off and/or hiding myself from my husband. He hated it too . . . but my shame could not be overcome until I lost about 50 pounds. I don't hide anymore, lol.

I like to wear skirts but always had to wear bikeshorts or something underneath to prevent the thigh rub and occasional resulting rash.

Tired of always being tired and lethargic. Always sitting . . . no one really wants to feel that way.

I started noticing that my body was making popping/cracking noises when I would stoop or do something physical. Even my body was telling me I was carrying a little too much extra baggage.

Plus sized clothes are ugly clothes 90% of the time. I could almost never find anything trendy that actually flattered my body. I was also heavy but I have a thin bone structure (small fingers, thin wrists, dainty ankles no matter how much I weighted).

I don't know why, but every plus sized shirt had such a large neck that it always revealed too much cleavage and I would have to wear something under it. I am not sure if it is like that for most heavier people or if I was just proportioned differently than the norm.

I like tall boots that go either mid-calf or up to the knee . . . there was no such thing as a pair that would fit my calves unless they were like modern moon boots. I can wear any kind of boots now :0).

Ummm... I never want to go back cause of my shelf... No matter how carefully I ate, no matter how dainty I tried to be, I ALWAYS ended up with my dinner on my chest.

Well, my surgery is not for another month but I'm getting really excited!

I'm looking forward to:

1) not leaking urine on myself (stress incontinence):shades_smile:

2) not always avoiding being on top when I'm intimate with my husband because I don't want him to see my fat bouncing around

3) not stuffing my stomach into too tight jeans and then taking them off at night and seeing the huge gouge marks they made on my stomach

4) not dreaming about what it would be like to feel beautiful

4) not dreaming about what it would be like to feel beautiful

Try to find the beauty in YOU TODAY. Sometimes fat 'covers up' that outer beauty, but YOU ARE are beautiful as you WILL BE after you lose weight. Try to find a way to realize your true value before your surgery. The path to weight loss will be hard and you NEVER want to tie your value to its success.

Edited by kgloverii

I understand how NurseMelly feels but agree completely with kgloverii.

Try to find the beauty in YOU TODAY. Sometimes fat 'covers up' that outer beauty, but YOU ARE are beautiful as you WILL BE after you lose weight. Try to find a way to realize your true value before your surgery. The path to weight loss will be hard and you NEVER want to tie your value to its success.

Thank you! It is hard for me sometimes because I feel like I do love myself, except for my outerwards appearance. I guess I want the outside to match the inside =)

Congrats on all your success!!

I will be banded on the 27th of this month, BUT:

1. I want to ENJOY putting on make-up again, I'm to the point where I think "what's the point? I'm tired of the damn 'You have such a pretty face comment' anyway.":sneaky:

2. I want to live up to my name "One Hot Mama":wink_smile:

3. I'm ready to party at the next Fantasy Fetish Ball for Halloween in Las Vegas!!!:huh2:

I won't miss having to struggle to get into my favorite pair of jeans.

I won't miss being short of breath when bending down to pick something up

I won't miss hearing...sorry we don't have that size

I won't miss my the pounds that I will shed