Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Esophgrams - Slippage

I’m 7 mons after surgery and lost some weight, however, it did not come easy to me… I do not remember having one meal without vomiting right after. I had an esophgram done at a location close to my work which came ok, however, when I vomited even when my band was at 0cc, my doctor had me take the esophgram at his place (hospital) which detected a slippage.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

So, I have a surgery scheduled within two weeks. So here is my question: is this like a regular lapband surgery with five incisions, with the pain, gas, and all the other “good stuff”? if I chose to hold off on the surgery, how long can I live with a slippage before fixing it? How long do I need to be on liquid (before and after)?<o:p></o:p>

And, most important, what are the lesson learned that someone can tell me so this will not happen again?<o:p></o:p>

I appreciate any input, hope you cannot tell how desperate I am :thumbup:

Edited by anonymous_frnw

Is an esophagram the same thing as an endoscopy, because I have to have that done now due to my reflux/hernia?

I had mine removed last month but did not get a revision or another lap band afterwards. I had the same five incisions though a little to the side so they're a bit wider now and never had the gas pain as I did with the first surgery. The removal of the port didn't cause that much pain either but I was also given much better pain meds because I didn't have a lap band so maybe that had something to do with it. But my recovery was much easier after removal and it was out-patient. But like I said before I didn't get a second lap band so that would make a difference. Good luck to you, Nancy.:(

I am living with a slipped band right now. I have gained 12 pounds in 2 months and very depressed. My band slippage was due to being OVER FILLED BY THE DOCTOR! When the band was totally deflated, that thing 'fell'. Now it's sitting in a position where I can't get a fill. I have to have surgery to fix it. I'm freakin' pissed off too!

Anyway, don't get over filled. Be conservative with fills. I tried to tell my doctor with my last two fills (well, his assistant) that I was too tight. She didn't believe me. 2 days later I couldn't drink Water. (bitch) Anyway, I feel ya... and I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Nancy</st1:City></st1:place> - thanks for your thoughts and I appreciate you took time to response.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

want2beme - first I would say that it is not easier to hear that someone else is in the same situation. I'm so sorry you have to go thru this :)<o:p></o:p>

I’m having my surgery this week, although I gained 7lbs, I keep vomiting so I lost these few pounds, I'm completely unfilled, I cant eat anything solid, so I don’t really know whats better at this point – gain little weight or be able to eat something solid (which I could heve since my initial surgery).<o:p></o:p>

I found something very interesting, your doctor was Dr. Lopez Corvala as he was mine, do you see a pattern here perhaps?<o:p></o:p>

Will you have a revision done? my (local) doc said that the problem will NOT be fixed by liquids, so I hope you take care of yourself soon.<o:p></o:p>

Wishing you all the best, and please update me/us.<o:p></o:p>

anon...

Good luck with your surgery! Even though I have probs with the reflux and a possible hernia, having my endoscopy in a couple weeks, I still feel much better without the band and like being in control of my body again. Take care Nancy:smile:

Just got home from the hospital, haaaaaaa, so much pain, I'm wondering if it is even worth it...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Just got home from the hospital, haaaaaaa, so much pain, I'm wondering if it is even worth it...<o:p></o:p>

Sorry to hear that, did you have your band replaced after the removal or just removed? Take care Nancy.:cursing:

Hi there.

I'm in the same trouble. I'm getting my band removed after a bad slip and replaced with a new one on Friday, Dec.5th. It hasn't been right for a while and during the last year I've gained about 10lbs which isn't that bad. It been a struggle....horrid.

I had the option to wait it out...I decided to do it now....and get one with losing 40lbs to a normal bmi....maybe!