Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help i'm putting all my weight back on

:cool: I had my lapband fitted march 2006,I have had two fills I cannot eat lots of solid foods so I eat sweet deserts all the time,please could someone out there help me as I am getting really down as I feel I am going to put all the four stone I lost back on .any advise would be most wellcome

Thankyou

It sounds to me like you need to have some fill removed. That would allow you to eat regular foods and stop the sweets. Go see your doctor for a slight unfill. I hope this helps.

If you can't eat solid food maybe your to tight. you've got to keep away from those sweets. there's a lot of great people on this forum that will be there to help and support you. maybe you could use a lap band buddie check the threads I'm sure you'll find someone. I'm fairly new at this lapband stuff but if you need to talk or just need to get some things off your chest I'd be happy to listen. hang in there and I'll put you in my prayers.

Ok i'm a little confused. U were banded in 2006 and u have only had 2 fills? Now if u have only had 2 fills how much does your band hold? also you need to go and have yourself checked out. I know we all think we know how to chew but it definately takes pratice at chewing your food more than 2-3x's then swollowing... What kind of reg. foods have u tried to eat that wont go down?

Howells: I was banded in 2006 also. Have you stayed in regular contact with your surgeon? What size is your band? How much is in your band? I know that it is harder losing weight and keeping it off in the second year than in the first. Have you had a fill in the second year? It really sounds like you may be too tight. I would love to be able to give you some advice, but I think we need to know a little more about your history. By the way, how much is 4 stones?

I agree with everyone about going back to speak with your surgeons office and getting your fill adjusted as necessary.

Sweets and slider foods are a risk for every one of us. It is easy to bypass the band. Some of us, like me, are also carb/sugar addicts. If I eat some, I need more and more because of the highs/lows in blood sugar.

If you really want to get in control of your weight again, some good first steps would be:

1) Make an appointment with your doctor concerning band and fills.

2) Cut out the sweets - they are jeopardizing your health and causing weight gain. You can start with small goals as in, "I will only eat Proteins, vegetables and whole grain non-sugary carbs today," and worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes.

3) Recommit to banding - you can always go back on your post-banding diet to get yourself back in the "banded state of mind." There is also a really good option called the 5 day pouch test (you can google it and it was created by Kaye Bailey). This is a diet plan that tests the capacity of your pouch and helps with rapid weight loss and getting you back in the right frame of mind over a very short time frame. This is excellent for R&Y or banders who need to get back on track and I highly recommend it. There is no cost involved and the diet plan is clearly detailed on the website.

4) Start charting what you eat every day. If you have 1 bite of cheesecake, document it. You can use fitday, the daily plate or a whole host of other resources. Even a pencil and paper can help if that is more your style. This will help you to analyze what you are really ingesting daily. This can also be something to share at your doctors appointment in step #1.

5) Get some support through posting on this or other support forums regularly, meeting other bandsters in your area, maybe even getting your family involved if possible.

You can get back on track and we are all rooting for you. It is hard, but very possible. You found success before, you can find it again. Best of luck to you.

i would for sure call your doc and see what they recommend. you should be able to eat high quality protien foods. Maybe an unfill would do the trick for you

Ok so I figured that 4 stone is 56lbs. You should be able to go in and discuss all of this with your surgeon. If their office has a dietician that would be the ideal person for you to discuss eating habits with. She would have some great ideas to get you back on track. We are all here for you. Best of luck and keep us posted. Kelli