Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow leak? No leak? Tell me your experience...

I think I have a leak. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I went in for a fill a few weeks ago to a new fill Dr and I had 5cc's in my band. The amount I was supposed to have. I received a 2cc fill. It was too tight; Water wouldn't go down, so I went back in about an hour later and had him remove 1cc.<o:p></o:p>

Went back a week later because I had no restriction. When he checked, I only had 4cc's in my band. I chalked it up to him having taken out more than he thought?? He added 3cc's for a total of 7cc. <o:p></o:p>

Again no restriction. I was afraid to go back, put it off for a month, gained a little weight back, so I finally went in. Told Dr I was afraid I had a leak. He pulled out 5cc's instead of 7cc. <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 13.5pt; HEIGHT: 13.5pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.lapbandtalk.com/images/smilies/modern/crying.gif" src="file:///C:DOCUME~1loripLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

He doesn't think it is a leak because otherwise I wouldn't have maintained the 5cc's. ??? Thinks it leaked right away when he pulled out the needle. I really want to have 100% trust in him, but I have my doubts. He filled me another 3cc's for a total of 8cc last week. I still have no restriction. <v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 15pt; HEIGHT: 15pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.lapbandtalk.com/images/smilies/modern/sad.gif" src="file:///C:DOCUME~1loripLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

I have always had my fills under fluoroscopy before I switched to him. I have never been thrilled with "blind" fills, but I was willing to try them since it seems to be the norm for a lot of Dr's... including my original surgeon, and I was thrilled to find someone local for fills.<o:p></o:p>

I go in next week to see what my fill level is at again. I think I already know what the answer is going to be. <v:shape id=_x0000_i1027 style="WIDTH: 13.5pt; HEIGHT: 13.5pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.lapbandtalk.com/images/smilies/modern/crying.gif" src="file:///C:DOCUME~1loripLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

Is it possible to have a leak that holds at a level of 5cc's?<o:p></o:p>

How much does it cost to replace a port?<o:p></o:p>

I am a self pay (employer opt out), is there any hope that insurance will cover a replacement?<o:p></o:p>

How do I know if it is a faulty band or Dr error that caused the leak?<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

It might be that he is hitting scar tissue instead of the port. The PA that filled mine mistaked the scar tissue for the port the first time he did one of my fills.