Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those of you with a 4cc band only!

I was just wondering what was your sweet spot with a 4cc band? I know everyone is different but I was just looking to see what amount did it for you and also how many times did you have to get a fill/unfill before you were able to find that sweet spot. Thanks! :thumbup:

I don't know what a sweet spot is but I had two fills. 2cc and then another .5 for a total of 2.5cc. First one was at 6 weeks and then 4 weeks later for the second...that was 10 weeks out.

That got me to goal and then some. I never had to go back in for a fill. When I passed goal by 10 pounds, I went in for an unfill of .2 and here I remain.

I think I am at my sweet spot in my 4cc band - I filled to 2.4cc - I was able to get there with 2 fills. I do have days that the band tightens up and I have to measure my serving and cut up my food more carefully.

Thanks,

CFF

Lapbandtalker.....how much weight did you have to lose? How long did it take for you to reach goal? Sounds like you did great!!

My surgery is scheduled for 12/23 and I am so excited. I've been wondering about how long you continue to go for fills.

Thanks for sharing!:thumbup:

Well, I found every spot a sweet spot in that it was right for me at the time. But longer term, the fills that have lasted for me have been around 2.9, 3cc in my band. I had a small unfill back in June down to 2.7cc because I suddenly got very tight - more to do with my hormones than the band I suspect - and was just a bit uncomfortable with how little I was eating. Nowadays I can eat entire sandwiches on thick bread, wide wide open and having to work VERY hard to maintain. I'm going back next week to go back to 2.9, as I think overall, that is my perfect level.

It took me about 8 fills to get to that level, fills dont cost me anything, nor do they cost most people anything in Australia, so we tend to go slowly but surely in very small increments. I wouldnt ahve been been able to handle two big fills, as I was nice and tight at each stage until I lost weight and the band loosened.

My 1st fill was for 2 cc's,I lost 21 lbs in a month. I got rather tight and had the dr to remove 1/4cc out...big mistake, I have gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks. :) Going back in 2 weeks to have another fill.

Surgery 07/30/08 Dr. Rod

highest wt 267

current 223

I have 2.5cc in a 4cc band. I did that in 3 fills and have been going good even since. My last fill was in August and I still feel like I am in the right spot.

I have been banded since 2006 and I have had 8 fills. I really have never had great restriction. I am at 3.9cc in my 4cc band and I am going to call for an appointment tommorrow for another fill. I hope this helps me get to goal but who knows. I have always been able to eat whatever I want, and that includes bread. But the band obviously is helping because I have lost weight over the last few years, which I wasn't able to do on my own.

:thumbup:I had my first fill yesterday...I was banded by Dr. Rod June 4th of this year...and have lost to date 30lbs with no fill. I had gone 6 weeks with really no weight loss so I decided it was time for my fill. I got a 2cc fill (I have a 4 cc band) and can tell I have restriction. I am able to keep Soup and liquids down so far. I have already lost a pound since yesterday's fill. I am hoping this was what I needed because I was getting really discouraged. I was told by Dr. Rod and by others that any weightloss you have prior to your fills was considered icing on the cake so I am hoping that is the case.....with me. I think had I not been exercising I would not have lost or might have even been gaining back these past weeks. Has anyone else experienced my similar story and if so how are you doing now? It is nice to not feel HUNGRY...I tell you for the first time in my life I know what it is to be content without haveing overeat to get there. I don't feel the constant hunger PANGS and the constant need to eat. I never realized just how hungry I always was. As I set here right now my stomach is churning and growling, but I am not hungry...and I love it. I guess that is the sweet spot everyone has been talking about. I felt it right after I was banded up until I started not losing and I could tell that I was hungry and I was snacking and eating but it was gradual and I didn't know just how much I was eating until now....it's 10:30 and I haven't had a bunch of mid morning Snacks or anything...woooooohooooo

JKpenny, Congratulations on your weight loss! The band thing is great isn't it. There is life beyond food. When your mind isn't thinking about your next meal all the time it is amazing what great things your mind can do and create. Again, Congratulations

I have had 3 fills since being banded Aug 25, 2008 and have lost 31lbs post op and 40 since highest.

surgery...primed with 1.2cc's

5 weeks post op .8 cc's

7 weeks post op . 6 cc's

8 weeks post op .6 cc's

I have 3.2cc's and I have good restriction...not great. It vary's. SO....I will look into another fill at end of November if needed. My weight loss is stops and starts....