Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dual insurance coverage?!?!

QUESTIONS... QUESTIONS...QUESTIONS....

Ok, I have Blue Cross Blue Shield through my full-time employer .....they do not cover the weight loss surgery at all.

I'm going back to my part-time federal employer who has Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield. They will cover the surgery and I plan on having it ASAP.

Once I have the surgery...and I get tired of working my part-time job a year later and decide to leave.

Would my Blue Cross Blue Shield from my other insurance cover the fills, etc.?

Probably not but you should call and ask.

I have Blue Cross and BLue Shield and they covered my surgery. I was borderline with aggravating options. sleep Apnea and Thyroid issues. I just had to go by there rule book. ^ months dr and dietician care and then paperwork was submitted approved in one day. Of course it depends on the type plan. But they do cover it, plus My dr was a "BCBS Center of Excellence" that helped as well plus they new the correct process for BSBS. Goog Luck.:grouphug:

I have Blue Cross and BLue Shield and they covered my surgery. I was borderline with aggravating options. sleep Apnea and Thyroid issues. I just had to go by there rule book. ^ months dr and dietician care and then paperwork was submitted approved in one day. Of course it depends on the type plan. But they do cover it, plus My dr was a "BCBS Center of Excellence" that helped as well plus they new the correct process for BSBS. Goog Luck.:)

Unfortunately the insurance group plans differ. So, I don't think we have that here in Texas.

My state insurance is Blue Cross Blue Shield. And, my federal insurance to be will be Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield. The federal one will cover everything.....with the surgery... but the other insurance does not. It's a weird situation I know.

QUESTIONS... QUESTIONS...QUESTIONS....

Ok, I have Blue Cross Blue Shield through my full-time employer .....they do not cover the weight loss surgery at all.

I'm going back to my part-time federal employer who has Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield. They will cover the surgery and I plan on having it ASAP.

Once I have the surgery...and I get tired of working my part-time job a year later and decide to leave.

Would my Blue Cross Blue Shield from my other insurance cover the fills, etc.?

If it is an exclusion to your policy, then it would not cover the surgery as well as not covering the fills. :)

If it is an exclusion to your policy, then it would not cover the surgery as well as not covering the fills. :sad_smile:

My part-time insurance will cover the surgery. i was talking about if I ever left.... would my state insurance cover the fills, etc. later on down the road. Out of pocket is not too expensive I found out.....for fills, etc.

My part-time insurance will cover the surgery. i was talking about if I ever left.... would my state insurance cover the fills, etc. later on down the road. Out of pocket is not too expensive I found out.....for fills, etc.

I am not sure excatly what you mean. If your state insurance is the one that excludes WLS, then when you quit your part time federal job and that insurance ends, then the state insurance would not pick up if WLS was excluded as this probably would include the fills. You would need to contact your customer service for the state insurance to see if it would cover it.

thanks, Crystal

I am not sure excatly what you mean. If your state insurance is the one that excludes WLS, then when you quit your part time federal job and that insurance ends, then the state insurance would not pick up if WLS was excluded as this probably would include the fills. You would need to contact your customer service for the state insurance to see if it would cover it.

thanks, Crystal

lol i'm sorry. I read what you said wrong.

I would think that your second insurance with the Full time employer(that did NOT cover the surgery) would look at it as a "Pre-existing" condition at that point anyway. But as long as you can at least get the surgery covered would be a plus, that is the big expense. Look at it this way. After you have your surgery and a year down the road post op. You will have more energy than you know what to do with, and the parttime job would just be a plus to keep you busy and moving!! Good luck!!

I would think that your second insurance with the Full time employer(that did NOT cover the surgery) would look at it as a "Pre-existing" condition at that point anyway. But as long as you can at least get the surgery covered would be a plus, that is the big expense. Look at it this way. After you have your surgery and a year down the road post op. You will have more energy than you know what to do with, and the parttime job would just be a plus to keep you busy and moving!! Good luck!!

Yeah, even if the other insurance doesn't cover the fills, etc. I think I can handle the out-of-pocket.

Exactly tho on the part-time....

I did the part-time job for a year ... and left about a year ago..... I had to leave because I started feeling really fatigued and depressed. It was too much for my plate at the time.... I started having diabete type symptons...but, nothing was wrong. She just said I need to lose the 2nd job due to fatigue. I really didn't need the 2nd job anyway... I was just doing it for extra money to blow. lol

I think with me getting the surgery... I will probably be able to handle it due to the increased energy. I'm in the perfect city for excercise.... Austin, Texas.... there are alot of highly motivated people here.... so, i'm sure it will rub off on me. I just need that extra little push (lap band) that will help me. I'm very excited..but at the same time I am scared.

I will have the best insurance you can have.... so, I have a feeling it is going to be very quick and not alot of time to think about it. Which is probably better.... lol

I have learned alot from this forum..... I appreciate everyone's responses.