Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

having pain....

I had my third fill last friday (4 days ago). I'm up to 3 ccs in an inamed band. Since then I've been able to drink liquids (slowly) and have kept down some yogurt. But I've been burping like mad ever since Friday. (that hasn't happened with the other fills) I was woken up out of my sleep just now with my stomach making very loud noises and I've been having this dull pain that sort of throbs...goes away and comes back every minute or so. I got up and took two tums, then after awhile I thought well, maybe I'm just really hungry....and tried to eat some yogurt. This doesn't seem to be changing things for me...the pain is there.

Do I just have gas? I don't know....but it hurts.

Well....the three spoonfuls of yogurt I had just came back up....and with it....a pill I had taken this morning. I've taken pills since I was filled on friday, cut them up, even one little one I take swallowed whole. Well, this was a time released Wellbutrin (so I didn't want to crush it or cut it) and it's rather small. Now, all day long I was drinking Water, drinking soy chai tea...I didn't eat anything except a piece of fudge (well, it was a holiday! and it melted in my mouth...went down fine) and I had about a quarter cup of chicken broth.

I was amazed that the pill didn't go down, and that it was only partially dissolved.

The pain is gone now. Guess I just had that pill floating around all day and finally it got stuck in the stoma. Wow. That pill is small...like say...a straw opening....is that too tight a fill??? Perhaps I'm still swollen.

But I've lost 8 lbs since friday!

Linda,

You may be a tad too tight.

Id call the doc's office and discuss this with his nurse - just to get their opinion.

On a side note, on my second fill, it took me about 2 months to properly adjust my eating habits and "learn" my new fill.

Are you able to keep Water down at all?

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I'm keeping Water down OK, and I'm drinking Soy Chai tea that is chock full of protien and nutrients for my meals.

My stomach was rumbling last night so much that it woke up my husband!

I'm going to give it a couple more days, I can tell things have loosened up slightly since being filled. I have eaten some yogurt and even a little cottage cheese and kept it down. But that's it so far for the mushy stuff.

I did really need this fill, I was stalled and depressed and had just about given up. This is kick starting me off again, as well as kicking me in the derriere!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches