Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Knockouts October Updates

Everyone is doing great!! Of course, there will be that bump(called eating) in the road, but we can do this!! I went back and got my fill adjusted .. Now I have 2.6 in this 4cc band.. that day, I thought I would never swallow again, but I'm getting there.. More to deal with this time, has curbed the hunger.. finally!! I don't know if it's my sweet spot yet, got my fingers crossed.. I'm doing baby food this time, it's easier to eat, fix (ha), and smaller portions..

Good luck all...

Diane, I would think they would start filling your band again slowly and build you back up to your max. You are so close to goal you don't want to get filled right up and then have more problems.

bread? It may be bad for you, but if you have learned good eating habits, and eat in moderation, you should be fine. Mentally pretend that the band is there and full. The power of mental stimulation can do wonders...

I normally lurk around and don't post, but I am glad to have come across this thread. I've been so guilty of the 'comparison game' that I think it has affected my rate of weightloss. Now, I'm no longer stressing over it. I'm just so grateful that I've come this far as I think back to last year this time when I was totally miserable.

Now that my acid reflux problems are under control, there's definitely light at the end of the tunnel. I am less than 100lbs. from my goal!!

Thank you all for being so supportive.

bamboobabe-- getting acid reflux under control??? how?? with what?

I've got it bad in the mornings, it's hard to eat or drink anything. I've used GasX, Maalox, tums, drinking milk, ugh... can you share your solution....

kcintx- Sorry for the delay, but have been off-line for a few days. At first I had to have a small amount of Fluid removed, then a little more and was given an RX of Prevacid 30mg 1x per day.

Had the slight unfill for about a month, and now after having an EGD to make sure my band was okay, my Dr. has cleared me for a new fill, but I can only get .10cc at a time now. He said that some bandsters are more sensative to larger fills or being filled too quickly and creates problems.

Your numbers are impressive. I hope you get some relief soon because I truly know the misery you're experiencing. Good luck.

It is great to see how everyone is doing. Chrisann, thanks for the thread . . . and I see you are halfway finished as well, congratulations. Everyone is doing great in general . . . and I miss discussion in the Knockouts section. I am always dissapointed when there is nothing new to read here.

I am down to 142.5 currently and a BMI of 25.2 (need to update my signature). To be honest, I am happy at this weight . . . anything more is just the icing on the cake. I am no longer trying to lose, only maintain for now. My band has also been unfilled down to 4 cc's but I am still losing albeit very, very, very slowly.

I had band problems with extreme tightness and the need for an emergency unfill in early September (went from normal to an inability to drink Water in 3 days) . . . and later discovered that the real reason that my band suddenly closed up on me was that I had conceived, surprise, surprise.

I went in for a small unfill in early October but once I let the office know I was expecting they said I had to have a completely unfill. I pleaded, begged and negotiated my way to the 4 cc's I have currently. I am finding that my hunger is still decently maintained although I can eat bread now. Amazingly I am not gaining weight eventhough I am eating much more than before . . . however, I am keeping it healthy (and trying to forget about the Halloween candy craze I fell into a few days ago, lol).

I just got back from a 3 week vacation in Turkey and it was so nice to have my band a little looser. It was just loose enough to make everything comfortable but I wasn't eating excessively. I gained 1 pound which is already gone again within 1-2 days of being back.

I am in mediums and size 8's. My size 8's were getting a little loose and I was ready to start 6's, but I decided not to buy any clothes for a while that aren't maternity. 8's fit comfortably and my belly has already started to fill in the excess room.

I am surprised and amazed and absolutely thrilled that I have a normal sized body . . . and will have a normal baby bump without people wondering if I am preggers or just a preferred member of the local Dunkin Donuts, lol.

I'm at the 55 pound mark (I like my scale better than my doctors...there's a 2 pound difference). Still playing catch up with the weight loss since my foot surgery in June. I just joined a Jazzercise class as it's getting a bit cold to walk now here in Michigan. I'm hoping to make up for some lost time over the winter. I'm in the final sizes in my closet (size 16). Thankfully Christmas is coming up as I only have two pairs of jeans in a size 14. Still not liking my last fill from the summer (at 5cc). Doctor won't remove it. Just tells me to chew more times. If I can reach another 10 pound weight loss in December I might be able to convince him to take some out.

HI all, I know it's no longer October, but I wanted to post a quick note here to let everyone know what an inspiration you all are. I too am having a rather slow go ov the weight loss, but I know that I wouldn't be where I am without feeling like I was killing myself if I didn't have the band and that's a blessing.

I seem to have a strange level of restriction, it seems to change quite dramatically throughout the day! In the mornings I can essentially not eat anything, sometimes my shake even seems to hang up in there before passing though. But then by the evenings it's like I have little to no restriction and ususally have no problems eating dinner. I know I'm still eating less than I was before (a lot less), but the swings in restriction makes it difficult to maintain that "sweet spot" level of eating that is satisfying, but not too much. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I understand completely about not being able to eat anything in the morning. I started that problem when I got my last 1/2cc (for a total of 5cc). I never have a hard time eating dinner or my bedtime snack about 11 p.m. (necessary when my glucose is in the 90s to prevent an insulin reaction...I'm not completely off insulin yet). Like this morning I sipped on a 1/2 bottle of the Naked juice Protein shake (too lazy to make my own this morning) and a small can of V8 juice. That is a typical meal for me for Breakfast. lunch will usually be something soft like cottage cheese.

I agree it's a strange restriction but not much I can do about it until I can convince the doctor to remove the previous 1/2cc. But he won't until I can increase my monthly weight loss. Off to exercise now so I can convince him I don't need the 1/2cc. :D

I understand completely about not being able to eat anything in the morning. I started that problem when I got my last 1/2cc (for a total of 5cc). I never have a hard time eating dinner or my bedtime snack about 11 p.m. (necessary when my glucose is in the 90s to prevent an insulin reaction...I'm not completely off insulin yet). Like this morning I sipped on a 1/2 bottle of the Naked juice Protein shake (too lazy to make my own this morning) and a small can of V8 juice. That is a typical meal for me for Breakfast. lunch will usually be something soft like cottage cheese.

I agree it's a strange restriction but not much I can do about it until I can convince the doctor to remove the previous 1/2cc. But he won't until I can increase my monthly weight loss. Off to exercise now so I can convince him I don't need the 1/2cc. :thumbdown:

Every doctor is different but this seems a little strange to me.

When I felt too tight, my doctor definitely removed some Fluid. They say that if you are having to have solely liquids for breakfast and very soft mushies for lunch . . . it is in some ways defeating the purpose of the band. My doctor told me to no longer have Protein shakes for breakfast because it doesn't produce the normal satiety that is needed. Solid Proteins should be the start of each meal.

Also some people have trouble losing weight when they are too tight. liquid calories are very easy to ingest. If most healthy foods are a struggle to ingest, it is only natural to turn towards things that go down a little less painfully.

You may find that 1/2 cc of Fluid taken out is a fairly large increment. Sometimes 1/10 cc of fluid makes a big impact when you are close to your sweet spot.

bamboobabe-- getting acid reflux under control??? how?? with what?

I've got it bad in the mornings, it's hard to eat or drink anything. I've used GasX, Maalox, tums, drinking milk, ugh... can you share your solution....

I tried everything to get rid of my acid reflux, but only one thing helped and it fixed it completely . . . an unfill. I think some of us are just ultra sensitive to getting acid reflux post banding.