Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what if i decided too lose weight first?

anyone have any easy exercises and eating habits that can help lose weight and fast?:) i want be thin i really do i dont know what its like to finelly walk and not feel out of breath in minutes do you know what i mean? so i need easy excises that i can do at home daily if i can handle doing it which i really want to get this weight off me i wanna be thin like i was when i was a kid and have be easy to run again so if anyone has anyway that i can eat good food and do easy exercises daily do lose the weight by myself so i dont have to think about the surgery i,m thinking maybe i should try it on my own first to see if i lose anything so if anyone has any eating and excise tips and ideas i would be very greatful thanks again :smile2:CanDi3CoRn19:smile2:

Candi,

Losing weight too fast is generally not a good idea - not healthy and harder to keep it off. BUT, you may want to check out ediets.com. I had so much to lose that I got discouraged eventually and fell off the wagon, but when I was following it I had excellent results. What I liked is it told me exactly what to eat and while I got hungry it was never "omg Im starving" hungry, more like "gosh, I'm glad I will be eating again in 20 minutes" hungry. You are right - the surgery is way excessive, and if you think you can lose on your own you truly should try to do that first. With 160lbs to lose I am VERY pleased with my decision, but I am discouraging my sister who has about 65 to lose (and did so once about 6 years ago before getting pregnant again) from going this path before hitting the diet harder.

sj

SaraJane is right. Losing too fast is not a good idea and even if you did have the surgery...there is a big possibility your weight loss will be very slow...depending on how agressive your dr. is with your fills, and many other factors. I do agree with you about trying it on your own. Some things to consider:

How many years have you been over weight?

How many other diets have you tried and failed?

If the answers to these two questions are 5 or more. The surgery might be a good idea.

If the answers are 10 or more, the surgery is DEFINITELY a good idea.

this is what i do along with the band i go excerise about 45 minutes to and hour and half a day the longer days i do strength i also got a bodybugg which helps me by showing me how much calories i burn throughout the day. i eat about 1000 calories a day so i can have a 2500 deficit its pretty simply the trick is always the same you have to eat less and move around more to burn those calories to lose the weight. i learned its not about doing hard core excerise just moving throughout the day helps out alot. maybe more then just excerising everyday. also when you do cardio dont worry about having a heart rate around 150 your not trying to run a marathon just trying to burn fat so stay around 135 to 140 on the heart rate which is not hard at all and not at all tiring. i even went further and got a mini eliptical machine from Amazon that cost me like 100 bucks and use it when i watch tv or even play rockband and when i type on my laptop(i put my laptop on a high counter and just move and surf the web or whatever). by doing all this i can burn about 3000 calories a day. well hope this helps i know its not an easy answer but i know i didnt get fat overnite and its going to take more then a few weeks to get back to a normal weight. just to let you know on my progress i lost almost 11 inches off in three weeks but only lost about 8 lbs but my fat went down 5 percent. so i gained some muscle. sometimes i wonder if i could have done all this without being banded and i believe i could have i was just one of those people that never likes the gym and never wanted to excerise but getting banded showed me a new me. its not about getting banded and you just start losing weight its about changing your lifestyle. as in excerising and eating right. and its a simply equation eat less and burn more fat. it took me getting banded to see that there is no simple solution. its really just about changing your lifestyle.

I did a version of low gi, mostly cooking on my own and bought a few nutrisystem dishes on ebay to show me portion sizes, even though Im not crazy about their foods. I lost over 80 lbs and was just walking.

The downside is once my Dad get in a bad way for amost a year, I managed to put all the weight and more back on lickety split. I can diet, its keeping on the diet forever without help is why I got the band.

low gi loses wegith faster than low calorie or low fat according to recent studies. See how that works for it. Similar to south beach.