Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I'm failing my band...

I had surgery April 8, 2008. As of today, I'm 2 lbs away from losing 35 lbs... It's been slow, but at least it's coming off.

That being said, I feel like I'm failing my band. I try to eat right and stay away from the junk, but I find myself eating it. I dont eat nearly as much of it as I used to, but I still eat it....and I hate it. Even if I tell myself I'm not going to eat it, I do.

Does anyone else have this problem? I dont want to fail my band. :crying:

I'm sure a lot of people have this problem. That's how we all got over weight right. Don't be so hard on yourself. We're not perfect. You should tell your doc about this or nutritionist about this. Maybe you need another fill?????

Can you keep the junk out of your house? If it really is junk, no one in your family needs it! My doc says to eat Protein, then veggies, then fruit, and finally grains. Have you tried that? And if you are still hungry, maybe another fill?

they say old habits are hard to break, right? I just had a fill a few weeks ago - i have 7.3ccs in my band right now. but since my last fill, i have not lost any weight. i feel restriction, i'm just not making the best food choices at times.

I'm sure a lot of people have this problem. That's how we all got over weight right. Don't be so hard on yourself. We're not perfect. You should tell your doc about this or nutritionist about this. Maybe you need another fill?????

i dont buy it for me - my husband wants it. i've talked to him about it and he says that he's not the one on the diet so why shouldn't he be able to eat what he wants. i agree with him, but at the same time it pisses me off that he knows i'll eat it.

Can you keep the junk out of your house? If it really is junk, no one in your family needs it! My doc says to eat Protein, then veggies, then fruit, and finally grains. Have you tried that? And if you are still hungry, maybe another fill?

I have felt the same way as you. I was banded on January 2, 2008. To-date I have lost 40 pounds. It has been slow. I, like you, find myself having problems making wise food choices. I re-committed to my band August 1 and the weightloss has started again. Although it's not as fast as I thought it would come off - I am happy that it's coming off. I tell my doctor that I am losing slowly so my skin can adjust and not sag. He laughs.

Stay encouraged!

Ice cream is my weakness and if it is in the house I will eat it until it is gone. Many years ago, probably 10, I told my husband we just couldn't keep ice cream in the house any more. He was ok with it for a while and one day said, "I should be able to keep ice cream in my house if I want to." I replied, "You're right, you should, and you can, but you won't be living in a house with me." He never said another word about it. We are still married, going on 18 years.:crying: He, thankfully, is really supportive now.

Years ago he would sabotage my weight loss efforts, but now it isn't just about looking better (he loves me anyway), it is about my health.

Sorry to say you arent failing your band you are failing yourself. I know it isnt easy cause my husband eats all the junk food like your husband does. When he eats it I find things to do or I eat sugar free pudding or fudgesicles. Then there are times that I give in and have a scoop of ice cream. Then I get right back on the program. Then I give myself a pep talk and remind myself how much money have invested in this and how much weight I have lost and the only person that it is hurting is myself. My doc was honest from the first. Said it wouldnt be easy to lose the weight. He also said he was my gate keeper. He will control how much my stomach will hold until I lose my weight and can control it myself, but it was up to me to make the right choices.

I had surgery April 8, 2008. As of today, I'm 2 lbs away from losing 35 lbs... It's been slow, but at least it's coming off.

That being said, I feel like I'm failing my band. I try to eat right and stay away from the junk, but I find myself eating it. I dont eat nearly as much of it as I used to, but I still eat it....and I hate it. Even if I tell myself I'm not going to eat it, I do.

Does anyone else have this problem? I dont want to fail my band. :crying:

I know what you mean. Its been almost a month since I got banded and I feel like I too am failing. I try not to do wrong, but I end up talking myself into it.

I know I have very little restriction as of right now, but I'm not feeling any of the benefits, just the side effects of the band. I'm still wanting to eat not to long after I have ate, and I'm not feeling up like I should when I eat. I feel I could eat more. Although I dont have the restriction feeling, I have clumped a few times. Imagine that, I have the clumping if I eat to fast or if I don't chew good enough, but I dont have that "I'm full" feeling and my food isn't staying in my pouch as long as it should.

I'm having my 3rd adjustment 2morrow and I really hope that it helps. I'm even going to ask if I can start taking my prescribed diet pills again to help with that mental hunger thing.