Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your opinion on the weight loss of the movie stars?

I am beginning to see more and more movie stars that have lost so much weight that they are looking sick/bad. What is going on? I mean, thin is in, but they are sickly thin.

Does anyone else notice this and how do you think they look?

I also think they are sitting a really bad example for the younger children.

yes, I've noticed and I don't even pay attention to celebrities. "oh I eat all the time, I just work out a lot." What? do you have a tape worm?

it absoulutely sets a bad example. the Media hold up these impossibly thin women as the socity ideal, meanwhile, women who are a size 8 or 10 are ridiculed for being fat or "gross."

In the fashion industry, models are refered to as "hangers" because they are showing off the clothes, not the model.

I know what you mean, what's with all those women, that Lindsay girl is so skinny, she looks anorexic. I hadn't seen the Oprah show in a long time cause of work and yesterday I caught a show in which she got her ears pierced (think it was a re-run) anyways, she looks fabulous. I know that she works out, but there is no way that her abs look that way without help from a plastic surgeon? Is it just me, or does anyone else doubt that she has done it alone? Even her breasts look good, I know she was really big and those baby would be dragging just like mine, no matter how much she works out. Well, maybe I'm just jelouse cause she looks beautiful and she's a billionaire. I really respect all that she has accomplished, both as a human being and physically, but it just seems a bit unreal to me that excercise alone can do all that.

I don't know if Oprah has had anything done or not. I mean, she's got a personal chef, and a personal trainer. If I had that, I woudn't have the band.

There was a thread a long time ago about a woman who got the band and started to workout seriously. She looked amazing. A-freaking-mazing. unfortunately, I don't even know how to go about searching for that thead. I believe she started at close to 300 and ended up Wow without PC.

Honestly,

I believe it is one of two things- anorexia or drug use. Seriously what else could make them look that thin! For examle look at Laura Flynn Boyle she looks emaciated. If you have not seen her lately she looks awful( anorexia) Whitney Houston well we all know what her problem is. I am just guessing here but I bet Lindsey Lohan might be doing a little experimenting and she proably was labeled "fat" by the media. I would hate to be under scrutiny about my weight by the media all the time.

Ugh! So glad you brought this up! I think that Lindsey Lohan looks sick!!! She looked so beautiful at 140 pounds. I would beg and borrow to be 140 pounds!!! Now she is 115 I think they said. Have you seen her face and her mid section? She really looks sick now! It's so sad!!!

I believe that some people really are built smaller and that's just how they are. Like take Jennifer Aniston for example. I've always thought that she looked fine and healthy for her height/build. And if you noticed, I believe that she's always been thin too. But when you see someone like Lindsey who is a naturally curvy babe, turn into some emaciated looking thing, it's just so so very sad.

If I had enough money to pay for a top chef to cook in my house, an assistant to go grocery shopping, a top physical trainer that comes to my house, all the top exercise equipment, all the money for the top drugs, money for botox, boobies, Lipo, the works, the list goes on and on. Hell, I would be skinny too.

What really makes me nuts is the skinny celebs who get boob implants. If they want some cleavage, all they have to do is eat.

DH and I were watching the tv last night and we saw the new nutrisystem commercial and I couldn't believe that a size 10 would want to diet to be a size 4. I was just utterly amazed and so was DH!!!!

His comment was I guess you (he ment women in general) will never be happy no matter what your size and how could that woman even thought she needed to do that.

I really wondered if that was/is my problem now. As I approach closer and closer to my original goal of 165- I keep mentally either trying to adjust it (ok I now have it below 160) or trying to sabotage myself or keep thinking I look great now- how will I look at 145 or so?

I personally am finally starting to get hanging stuff (besides my huge huge batwings ) and it is starting to annoy me. dh THOUGHT THAT MIGHT BE THE CAUSE- BUT i THINK i'LL JUST GET HANGIER!

I totally agree w/all of you. The most worrisome to me are the young stars, like Lindsay Lohan. I mean, come on! Now she wants to do weights to build up her arms. Hello, how about eating something? I also agree about those stupid commercials. Most of the women look o.k. to me before they even start. Great thread.

It's funny I saw a Star magazine, or one of those types of things the other day and on the cover were pictures of people who aren't super thin, and their "Swimsuit Blunders" I think they called it. Everyone was in bikinis, and granted, if it were me in that body, I wouldn't have been, but even still, there's plenty of people who'd kill to look like these "fatty" stars! It irritates me no end.

what about Kirstie Alley?I mean I commend her for deciding to lose weight and get healthy but seriously does anyone believe she was her heaviest at 200 pounds?!?!?I never liked her but like her less since she is making a big thing about losing weight and wont be totally honest about it-she was more like 300 pounds.She claims her MAX weight was 204-puhlease girlfriend!! No one believes that shit.

You know I'm with you, Alatina....I am sure Kirstie Alley weighed more than 200 lbs or TV really does make you look bigger.... I love Oprah, but she said her highest weight was 234....I think she may be fudging a little....did any of you see "The Color Purple"

I thought Lindsy was BEAUTIFUL before she lost weight, and would LOVE to look like that. And Kirstie...I think she weighed more than 200, but I think also on the "fat actress" show they dressed her to intintially make her look bigger than she was. I think when she was younger she was TOO thin. I think she looked best around the time she was in Look who's talking. A couple of other actresses that are less drastic but have "slimmed"...I think a bit too far are Sandra bulluck (she was beautiful with a little more curve to her) and Drew Barrymore (she has NEVER looked fat in my opinion.) and maybe a little too thin now. I'm of the opinion if you can see the bones, protruding you are too thin.

Melissa