Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

I got a Nov. 11 date:thumbup:...it's been a 10 month wait and it's finially here, tomorrow I have to go sign papers, then on the 7th I have my Pre-op app't and then the 11th is next...

I thankfully didn't have to do a pre-op diet so I've been not really watching it and now that I have a date it's like I have to get it all in before I can't have it anymore...so good luck to all of you getting ready for this and good luck to me too...:)

My surgery is scheduled for November 10th. I started my 2 week pre-op diet Monday the 27th. I'm ready to get it done and move forward. I've been waiting since last December - insurance approval etc - so it is kinda hard to believe it is finally time . . .

I got my surgery date yesterday!!! I'll be banded on 11/24 at Yale New Haven Hospital. Woo-hoo!!!

Congrats to all of you and good luck to ALL OF US!!!:)

I am scheduled for next week--Nov. 5. Also the emotional roller coaster is in full swing with me. I wondered if I should cancel and do it myself, but NO went that route for far too many years and regained all and more ! Each diet went along fine for only so long and then like magic, I quit and went back to being a vaccuum cleaner........

My preop diet is not bad. 2 shakes and one "real" meal. I have been getting things lined up for post-op. Have lots of liquids, plenty of ice, popsicles, etc. Even bought a new wand to liquify whatever requires it.

Good Luck to all in Nov. Here's to all of us to be successful on our new JOURNEY of life.

Sue

I have been waiting FOREVER it seems to say ... I will be a looser on November 18th!!!! YAHOOOO I'm so excited I got the phone call today and nearly fell the heck of my chair. I'm trying not to get to excited but I will be meetign with my surgeon on Monday to go over Pre-Op Diet.

I just got the call that my surgery is scheduled for November 18th!!!

I am so excited, I didn't think that I would ever get a surgery date, it has been a long time coming. 6 months of medically supervised program and then going through all the hoops that the insurance company and Drs office want you to do. I am so looking forward to being banded. Having a liquid Thanksgiving meal this year sounds good to me, I'm just ready for the new adventure to the rest of my life to begin.

Good luck to all the November Bandsters!

Greetings to all Nov. Banders. (Nov. 4 surgery date) I start the second phase of my pre-op diet on Friday Oct. 31. It is the "all liquid" phase. I don't mind. It is a small price to pay to reclaim my health. I know that from Friday on I will be only on liquids for a while. As I think about it, I am reminded of how precious life is and how I truely desire to be able to tie my shoes from the front, bend without having a hard time breathing, walking fast enough to keep up with my teenage son and not almost faint from lack of oxygen... Of course the list of things I will be able to do that I can't do now, when I reach "skinnyville", is rather lengthly. Yes there are struggles to face, anxieties to calm, battles to win. But when it's all said and done, it is a small price to pay for a longer and healthier life. Onward to better days ahead.

Hip! Hip! Hooray!

Edited by sANDY7777

My date was moved from November 10th to November 7th! I've been on the pre-op diet since Monday and it's going really well. I'm having trouble eating everything I'm supposed to. I think it's because I'm so excited!

Hello, I am new to this so please give me sometime to figure it out! My surgery date is Nov. 17! I am excited and nervous as the same time. I start my liquid diet on Mon. Nov. 3!:)

November 12 for me! Just got the date yesterday -- was surprised I could get it done that quickly but I'm glad to get it over with before the Holidays!

YOu will do fine, but really try to slow down on how fast you eat. My husband eats too fast and he will get the hic ups, then sometimes he gets sick. I keep telling him he is eating too fast.

Now he is on food and I am on the pre op diet. It really hasn't been too bad so far, 4 down 11 to go!!

I'm nervous, we have to go to a wedding this weekend, I'm going to look funny bringing my skim milk, Unjury and a yogurt!! Oh well, it will be worth it in the long run.

Good luck

I am getting banded on Nov 13. I guess my only fears are that the band won't work for me. I mean I have been good about sticking to the preop diet and have lost 11 pounds since Oct 21st. But I think the fear is that my body just won't respond and I will plateau at a weightloss of 30-50 pounds when I really need to lose more like 100-120. Part of me just doesn't believe my body can be small. I have been over weight my whole life.