Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bowel issues?

Does anyone have pooping problems like me? I have to go very often every day. It is not diarrehea, but darn close. I know it is not my gallbladder, because that has been out for years. I have avoided milk and wheat porducts and it is not that. I can't seem to pinpoint the issue. I am also very gassy, all day and all night. This is an embarassing issue. food seems to go right through me, not matter what type of food it is.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

:smile:

Does anyone have pooping problems like me? I have to go very often every day. It is not diarrehea, but darn close. I know it is not my gallbladder, because that has been out for years. I have avoided milk and wheat porducts and it is not that. I can't seem to pinpoint the issue. I am also very gassy, all day and all night. This is an embarassing issue. food seems to go right through me, not matter what type of food it is.

:smile:

It sounds like you may have IBS ( Irritable Bowel Syndrome).I was diagnosed with it at 18. My symptoms are the opposite though. I never go to the bathroom unless I take meds for it. My sister also has it and she has the same symptoms as you do.(diarrhea, gas, cramps, immediate bowel movements after eating) I have learned over the years that what you eat has a huge impact on IBS as well as your stress level. There is no cure for it but a few lifestyle changes, you can make it toleratable. The only way to be sure if you have IBS is an colonoscopy. ( I'm 35 and I've had 2). Hope this helps.

after my surgery I was told no sugar so I had sugar free Jello and popsicles, and I had the same problem you're having. When I went for my 2 week check up I was told to cut back on the sugar free stuff. The sugar substitutes can sometimes make you have diarrehea or close to it. Since I cut back on all the sugar free stuff my problem has gone away.

Aubrie, I'm with you in this department. I'm drinking a glass of lite plum juice and 2 Fiber choice tablets everyday to keep things moving. If I just do one or the other, nothing moves. Before surgery, was just doing the Fiber choice and could even skip them and was doing fine.

Hi!

I started out with Constipation after my surgery (and after the narcotic pain meds cleared out of my system), but since then I've added soluable fiber in a chewable to my diet about once a week. What soluable fiber does is harden you if you are going too often or the poos are too soft, or softens you if they are too hard and you get constipated. It is like a substitute for cruciferous veggies.

I also am VERY gassy (and I'm six weeks today!). I think it is because even though I am using rice or sugar free almond milk in my whey Protein (and it is lactose free), I still am having some issues with digesting it. I'm guessing in about six months things will have settled down and gotten normal again.

Before you do anything, even cutting back on sugar substitutes or adding fiber chewables, always check with your bariatric team first. Then if they have no objections, try one thing and then another to see whether that helps.

Good luck!

:confused:

It does sound like IBS. The symtoms you describe, describe me to a t. What is always odd to me is, a food that causes symptoms today, may not cause them tomorrow. I now control my sypmtoms with medication. You definitely want to see your doctor about this. You don't want to risk getting dehydrated from the watery stools. I hope you feel better soon.