Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else banded around June 24, 2008?

I'm losing slowly. Pre-op I was 247 - I am down to 232. (I do not know how to put a ticker on here).

Could you provide me with some feedback? What have you done to lose the weight, etc? Maybe we could compare notes. Thank you SO much, I appreciate all the advice, encouragement, etc.

hey i was banded june 30th and my preband weight day of surgery was 248 and as of today im 231 it seems when i walk i lose weight i was stuck on 232 since sept 3rd ive lost at least 21 1/2 inches

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

The above link is one to a good ticker tutorial, if you want to set one up!

Can't help you with the weight loss since I'm still in mushies, but maybe Protein first, then veggies, then fruit? No processed foods?

And do you need a fill?

Hi there. I was banded June 19. My weight loss was slow, at first, but now it's about 2-3 pounds per week, since my last fill. I had 4 fills in a 14cc band, so I'm probably at 6 or 7cc's. I have a little restriction, but I'm exercising and following the plan to the best of my ability. I eat lean meat; a lot of chicken and turkey. I also stay away from soft foods, except I do eat yogurt/drink a yogurt smoothie once in a while. It actually helps me stay fuller, I think, because it actually has Protein. I don't eat cheese (except for low-fat or in very small quantities). I also just try to eat low-carb. Rice and Pasta are definitely off-limits, and I eat LOTS of veggies.

I hope that helps!

Thank you, Sara. I've had 3 fills and I'm feeling more restriction. I think, for me, it's going to be a mental battle inasmuch as I have been an emotional eater for the better part of the last 15 years. It's been difficult exercising as of yet because of the asthma, but my surgeon said once I get atleast 20-30 lbs. off, it should subside a lot. As I said before, any advice is appreciated!

Hi! I was banded on June 24 Th. I too am loosing very slow. My understanding was that the band doen not actually work until you get it filled and get some restriction. The first fill in Aug I could not tell a difference, but in sept I got my 2nd fill and now I can really tell a difference. I lost 24 pound on the preop diet and 14 pounds since I was banded. Good luck.

:thumbup:

It's really amazing how much difference the band makes, once it starts getting more full. I've been an emotional eater, too, but these days I have to really focus on it and make sure that it doesn't get the best of me (I still have my moments, but nothing too serious!). Anyway, it's awesome, to me, that it is possible to NOT be hungry for such long periods of time. I can't say that I never have head hunger, but just the early feeling of satiety and the length of time I feel full has really changed my perspective and helped me find ways to fill up my life with things OTHER than food. It also helped me realize that I was less of an emotional eater than I thought. I have a 14cc band, and my surgeon confirmed to me that I have a large esophagus and stomach. I guess that explains the large appetite! Haha ... My surgeon also said not to get too hung up on it :thumbup: so I'm not ... haha... It just makes sense now!

Best of luck, DesertRose!

-Sarah H.

I was banded June 27, 2008. I lost 30 lbs preop and 14 post-op. I've gained and lost the same 10 lbs about 3 times but was really struggling with emotional eating and old habits. Joining a good gym and going every day--or close to every day--is helping to get where my head needs to be and I am confident that I will start making progress again. I had my first fill in August and feel some restriction. I can eat most foods except bread as long as I chew chew chew and don't overeat. I can still eat about 2 C of food but am trying to stick to 1C per meal and eat Protein and veggies, with very few carbs. I get my next fill Oct. 3. My surgeon seemed fine with my progress. He says 1 lb a week is fine, but I'd like to do better than that. I want to get down another 10 lbs by the end of Oct. when I will see my family. I feel so much better that I am glad I did this, but it still requires willpower and dieting. I'll be happy to answer any questions if you want someone to chat with. Good luck!

I was banded June 4, 2008. I lost some pre-op, but most of my weight loss has been post-op. For me, it has been sticking to a 1200 calorie diet that consists mostly of Protein -- regardless of where I am at with my fills (meaning, when I wasn't at my sweet spot, I worked through the hunger so as not to go over 1200 calories), and I workout a LOT. a lot, a lot.

But, my husband says that I have no patience, so I do what I do to make myself happier. I didn't want to be frustrated with slow weight loss. I knew what I had to do to speed it up.

It's been super easy, too, now that I got my 2nd fill. I have 6 ccs in a 10cc band. I am pretty tight.

I've always been one to workout anyways . . . but now with the band, I don't go home and scarf down food because I worked out so hard. haha! I totally used to negate my calories burned with post-workout food. Now, I get the benefits of burning the calories and not replacing them. I love my band!