Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need HELP in Chicago, PLEASE!

Not all facilities include fill fees with the surgery costs, so don't go in expecting that. Should you change facilities your fees/costs for each fill will probably not be covered.

definitely we can be lapband buddies yes i was in the hallway probably sitting in front of you i was sitting by myself i have brown hair my friend also got banded the same day im sure she would like to be buddies having a buddy gets you through alot i do get discouraged but she helps me through it since my first fill ive lost 7 pounds my second fill is the 21st of oct how much have you lost ive lost a total of like 42 pounds since i started everything ive went from 24/26 to 18/20 ive lost about 21 1/2 inches email and ill talk whenever you need to melissa.aguirre@amcore.com or melissa.aguirre@comcast.net:wink2:

I have never had a fill so my band has no restriction and I can eat whatever I want.

I hate to say it but this is your doing!!! You need to tell your doc to give you a fill like NOW or find a new doc to give ya a fill.

The band is only a tool, its a big tool but we are in charge of using this tool, you need to take charge of your health/band find a new doc.

Good luck and just think when you have real restriction the pounds will fall off.

She HAS tried to get a fill from her doctor and she posted this thread to ask for advice in finding another doctor, or place to get fills.

Ok here's the update! I went to my appointment bright and early on 10/14/08. I DID finally get my first fill!!!! Sadly there were some others there who had the same experience as me trying to get an appointment for a fill and having to wait 3 months or more. I finally asked Dr. Lufti What band do I have for sure (The Realize 10cc) I asked him did he put anything in it on the date of surgery, he said he did but wouldn't specify how much. I asked him how much he was putting in on 10/14/08 he would only say 2-3cc, to which I asked, which one. He never would give me specifics... I have decided I am going to keep on questioning Dr. Lufti everytime I see him until I get all the complete answers I need and want and feel satisfies and educated about this process I have chosen. I am feeling so much better about the band. I do have some restriction now finally, I do not think I am at that "sweet spot" everyone talks about, but I notice a marked reduction in the amout of food I can eat. I feel full/satisfied with a much smaller amount of food and I notice myself not being hungry for long periods of time. It's true that this may all be in my mind because I am so excited and happy to finally have a fill! One thing I have been experiencing which is new to me is a little bit of a nauseated feeling, or a feeling like my food is kind of about to rise back up, I think this is that PB thing I have been reading about, because I notice that if I change my body position a few times I then usually burp and I feel better. I am making sure to chew my food really well and eat slowly. I have rededicated my self to making the absolute best food choices! Also, When I was at Mercy Hospital on 10/14/08 I REFUSED to leave until the set me an appointment for my next fill, I did not accept "we are a little too busy to do it right now" nor did I accept "Just call us in a couple days and set it". I will be going back for my second fill 12/16/08. Right before christmes, which I consider a blessing because we all know what can happen at Christmas! Thank you everyone for the encouraging words and support and all the helpful information! You are all my Lap Band Buddies and I'm looking forward to reading your input on this update! ~*~SMOOCHES~*~

Edited by msnenequeenie14

thats so kool how much weight did you lose when they weighed you in ive lost 10 pounds since my last fill and going in for my second fill tues

well went for my second fill which he wouldnt give me said i had some restriction and that i was doing great lost 10 pounds in between appointments and went down four sizes also have been getting stuck pb once was disappointed but have another appt dec23rd so hopefully i will get one then my friend lost 7 pounds he gave her a fill but she hasnt been getting full and is always hungry i on the other hand can go 4 or 5 hours inbetween meals i feel bloated especially after i eat he said thats part of restriction

You might want to contact your patient advocate at the hospital. This is EXACTLY what these people do for a living. Call the info line and ask for patient services.

The hospital needs to know that these kind of problems are happening. And in the future sometimes the patient advocate can intervene for you.

Even if they are seeing you now - it would be helpful for future patients.

If you need a downtown Dr, Dr. Meyer at Day One Health at 900 N Michigan is fantastic. Their number is 312-255-1900.