Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doctor in Naples, FL or around SW Florida

HI EVERYONE!

I AM NEW TO FLORIDA AND IN NEED OF A FILL DOCTOR. I HAD MY SURGERY BACK ON NOVEMBER 8, 2004 AND WAS VERY SUCCESSFULL. I MOVED TO FLORIDA 3 MONTHS AGO AND I AM NOW IN NEED TO SEEK FOR A DR. CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I LIVE IN NAPLES, FL. WHICH IS IN THE SW PART OF FLORIDA. THANKS JANINE

START WEIGHT 257LBS

NOW 6/05 225LBSicon11.gif

Hi Janine, I'm your neighbor, I am in LaBelle, and I am so happy that there is a fellow bandster near me. I had my surgery on Nov. 4, so we are very close in time since banding. I see you are doing good w/ your weightloss so far, I'm so happy for you. There is a doctor in the Naples area, but when I contacted his office, they told me that he doesn't take patients banded in Mexico, which is my case. Where did you get banded? I have found a wonderful doctor in Miami, his name is Eddie Gomez and as far as fills go, he is very reasonably priced. He charges $300 for a fill w/out flouru and $600 with flouru. I get my fills done w/ out flouru, he never misses my port on the first try and it doesn't hurt one bit. He is very experienced, my port is flipped and he still manages to get it on the first try w/out any trouble. So here is his info, he is going away for two weeks as of next week, I have an appt scheduled for July 6, I am trying to get it changed to this Friday, but Emilio (his asst.) doesnt' know if he can work me in, since, he is pretty busy being this is his last week before he goes away on vacation. Oh, and let me tell you he is really good looking, so thats a plus. Well, I'd really love to meet you sometime, since you are such a short drive away. My sister lives in Naples, so I go out there pretty often. Are you getting sick of the rain, yet? I sure am. WEll talk to you later.

Dr. Eddie Gomez

3661 S. Miami Avenue

Suite 708

Mercy Professional Building

Miami, FL 33133

305-285-5090

Hi there!

Thanks for the reply. I was banded in Michigan by a wonderful dr. in Port Huron. I would love to contact any dr. in Naples, if there is one. Do you have his name and/or number. I need to get into see one soon. I had my last fill in March and I am due for another one. I was thinking about flying back to MI, but would cost me more to fly plus the fill than just finding a dr. down here. I would love to meet you sometime in the near future. Where down here in Naples does your sister live? I live right off I-75 and Whipperwhool. I have only been down here 3 months. It's so expensive to live down here, I think we may be moving up north within the next year. Do you have any kids? I have a 2 1/2 year old boy and a 13month old girl. I had my band done when Ally was 6 months old. I love it and I have had no problems. Talk to you soon.

Janine

Copied from other thread to answer same question::

Here is the name of the doctor in Naples, when you contact them, please ask if they take Mexican banded patients for fills and what the cost is? Thanks. The website is very interesting. HOpe this helps, good luck, more than likely they will take you because you were banded in the US, did your insurance cover the surgery or were you self-pay? Well let me know what they tell you?

Mark A. Liberman, M.D., F.A.C.S.

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/florida/naples/

Hi Estela!

I contacted the dr. in Naples and he won't see me either. I had mine done in Michigan...So, I think i will contact your dr. and see if he would see me. I have Atena insurance, and they said they would cover the cost. I had Blue Cross and my surgery was covered in full. I was so happy! I can't believe I am having such a hard time finding a dr. here. What's up with that? I would love to be able to get into your dr. WOuld be nice to go the same day!!! Probably not possible, but I will see. Did you say July 6th? May be we could ride over together. Since I have no clue where I am going Ha-Ha! I will call them and let you know what they have to say. There is another dr. I found here on the board, dr. grossband and everyone seems to like him. However, I don't know if he will see me or not either. I may be flying back to MI.....I will keep in touch. How far away are you? Iam not sure of where your at.

Janine

Girls....please be careful! This is the internet. Don't give out too much personal information. Private email if your giving out some of your private information like where you live and be very careful about giving out information about your children...There are alot of perverts.

Love ya,

Be careful!

I agree Aileena with not giving out too much info!!! BE CAREFUL!!! Anyways, I live in Fort Lauderdale and had my surgery with a Dr. Szomstein. He was wonderful!!!! Good Luck!

Thanks, girls for the reminder, I have been kind of lack on posting about my kids and I should stop that, any ways, Janine, I have cancelled my appt w/ Dr. Gomez on the 6th, I'm leaving to get my tt on Thursday and getting my port fixed. So, maybe the next time I go get a fill we can ride together, I can never find anyone to go with me and its a long drive, so it certainly would be more enjoyable with your company. I am really looking forward to meeting all you new bandsters here in SW Fl, can't wait. I'll be gone for two weeks I'm leaving Thursday night and am scheduled for surgery on July 4th in the morning. I'll be coming back on the 15 or 16th of July, so I will check in with you guys when I come to work that following Monday. Please remember to say a prayer for me that morning, I don't want to die, just yet, and especially cause people would say, how stupid of her, she died getting her fat rolls taken off, LOL, its not really funny, but I'm trying to not be so scared, but I am. Well wish me luck girls... Where you able to get a hold of EMilio at Dr. Gomez's office? Did you make an appt. I know he was headed on vacation for two weeks starting today. Well hope you were able to get in and that everything went well. Say Hi to Dr. Gomez for me...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 3 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

3. NickelChip

I think it's important to remember that the weight charts and BMI ranges were developed a very long time ago and only intended to be applied to people who have never been overweight or obese. Those numbers aren't for us. When you are larger, especially for a long time, your body develops extra bone to support the weight. Your organs get a little bigger to handle the extra mass. Your entire infrastructure increases so you can support and function with the extra weight. That doesn't all go away just because you burn off the excess fat. If you still had a pair of jeans from your skinniest point in life and then lost weight to get to the exact number on the scale you were when those jeans fit you, chances are they would be a little baggy now because you would actually be thinner than you were, even though the scale and the BMI chart disagree. When in doubt, listen to the jeans, not the scale!

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches