Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What NOT to Wear?

Wow, you guys are awsome! I have so many ideas about clothes, and had a good trip to the Lane Bryant...I'll fill you in on the clothes later because I want to carefully read all of your ideas again and see which items I'll be returning! :)

BUT, here's the squish-o-gram update. Okay, so they do an ultrasound on the right side (just where I suspected the problem area to be) and she measures an area MUCH bigger than 5 years ago when I had this found at my first baseline Mammogram. So whatever it is (they called it a fibroadenoma at the time) it's bigger, but I can't feel it, my OB/Gyn can't feel it, so it's big but not THAT big. Doc came in and said my old pic measured about .7cm, and it is now 1.7cm. It may be a fibroadenoma, could be one of several other things, but it does NOT look like cancer, but since it's growing, we want to know just exactly what it is. So next week I get a needle biopsy. Just for fun, she took the ultrasound machine and checked the opposite side on my left breast (9o'clock on the right, 3o'clock on the left) and found a little something there, too. sigh. So they will needle biopsy both breasts. I'm not all that worried, but I am anxious and it will hang over me a bit until next week.

I'm hoping what happened to you, Sallykotz, will happen to me, but since this has been there for 5 years, it's not likely that it will dissappear in a week.

So, my biopsy is Tuesday, a week from today and I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for your good thoughts, kind words, and all you prayin' folks get to work!!

and all you prayin' folks get to work

you got it, girl!

If you need me, Im just a phone call away!

love & hugs to ya!

Thanks Paula! I think I'll start another thread in the Lounge about the boobie stuff...just to keep the conversation flowing here on the clothes.

SO! I went to Lane Bryant today. I bought a pair of jeans, a tank/cami thingy (see, I'm all up on the lingo with the clothes here, right?) that's white and very silky/stretchy, and 3 tops. One top has a v-neck and buttons, with a seam under the boob line (is that an empire waist? can you have that on a shirt?) but it's a Spring Pink, like a nurse shirt color. Pretty, but I can't see me wearing it after Labor Day. Gimme a break, folks, I'm SO southern...the Labor Day/Easter cut off between Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter clothing and colors and yes, white shoes is too big a reality to fight! But I LOVE the cut of that shirt and wish I could get it in other colors.

The other two shirts are collared button shirts with short sleeves, more tailored with darts at the boobs and down the front for a flatter appearance at the belly. Very cute unbuttoned with the cami thingy underneath.

SO! I get home tonight after Bible Study Class (whew! I just finished a gender study on womanhood/femininity and went and signed up for a weekly summer course! hello!! It's great though, this one's on Believing God, anyone do a Beth Moore study? wowza!) okay, shake head, clear the cobwebs of distraction and STOP freeflow typing....

SO I get home and model my clothes for hubby and he starts acting like a Lion in heat while I'm wiping counters in the kitchen...he likes my jeans, God Bless the man...so I actually look at my reciept and they were $60!!! SIXTY dollars for a pair of jeans!!!! NOT! Those are being returned. I'm sorry, I just don't see it. I'd rather my hubby play golf one Saturday than spend that much on a pair of jeans!!! I just can't do it. Not when I can find jeans for 20-30 elswhere...

I don't know what I'll do with the rest, you all love the layered thing so I'll keep the tops I guess. Plus I got 15% off when I re-opened my Lane Bryant card so the tops were only about 15 buckaroos a piece. I can handle that.

Okay, I'm 5'5" and weigh 207 or so. I wear a size 18/20 in the shirts, a 14/16 in the cami, since it's supposed to be tight, right? and the jeans were 20's. I tried 22's and they were really too big at the waist. The 20's are a bit snug across the lower belly but they fit better around the waist and across the back so it'll do. I'm so bulbous and full of rolls it's pitiful.

I did try on a pair of Capri's and can't do it, nope, not at all. It really isn't that they are terrible looking on, it's just that I can't get used to my neon white legs sticking out the bottoms of those pants, when pants that cover my legs are perfectly respectable! I love that folks can wear them and look cute. My sister is one of them. I'm just too white...it's not even funny-looking, it's awful! hehe.

OH! and she measured me for a bra and said I should wear a 36DDD. WHAT? She's crazy! I couldn't even get a 38 snapped behind me, had to turn it around to the front to fasten it, then spin it and pull it up. Then, with the DDD cup, the whole top half of the cup was empty! My girls are pretty pitiful anymore. I looked like Madonna wearing coconut halves or something. I am NOT a DDD. A D, maybe, but not a DDD. So the new and improved bra situation needs lots of work. whew!

You guys tired of reading this saga? Imagine THAT shooping trip. I'm overwhelmed. But I just love all the advice and the layering thing will work well if I can find the right pants. I'll let you know! Keep the ideas a-flowin' folks, I'm soaking it up! I WILL be stylish someday, sigh. :)

LOL...

Kathy, you are too funny!

The tank-top/cami thing is supposed to be losely fitted, but not skin tight.

And about the capri's... you have to be comfortable in what you are wearing! But to back up the idea, nobody ever really pays attention to that portion of your legs... especially if you have some cute flip flops to go along with them.

(I know, Zoe hates capri's too :) ) but heck, its alot cooler then wearing those heavy jeans!

And the flip flop idea...

ok, this summer I am flip flop momma! Bright yellow pair from KMart, 4 cool colors from Target and the list goes on...

some are really comfy - and cheap! No more then 5 bucks a pair!

(flip flops are not for everyone)

And hey - what about a pic styling those new threads for us????

SO I get home and model my clothes for hubby and he starts acting like a Lion in heat while I'm wiping counters in the kitchen...he likes my jeans, God Bless the man...so I actually look at my reciept and they were $60!!! SIXTY dollars for a pair of jeans!!!! NOT! Those are being returned. I'm sorry, I just don't see it. I'd rather my hubby play golf one Saturday than spend that much on a pair of jeans!!! I just can't do it. Not when I can find jeans for 20-30 elswhere...:)

So. Time to take Kathy to the woodshed for a metaphysical attitude adjustment.

Why is it that your husband is more deserving of the $60 for a transient afternoon of gold, but you are not deserving of the $60 spent on yourself? (and from the sounds of it, your husband got more fun out of the jeans than he would have and afternoon of golf... :P )

Sure, you could have spent less on another pair, but would they have looked as good on you?

(okay, I have to fess up, this is something definately is one of my devils. I can't spend money on me, I'd rather save it than spend on me. Part of it is a feeling of not deserving.) ((stupid wolves))

hehe. You know, if the jeans looked THAT great on me I'd do it, but they are a bit long and I think I picked the wrong ones to buy. I had two pair of size 20's and tried on one pair and purchased the darker-wash pair. These are more boot cut and have ALOT of flare and length...I'll post a pic...lemme get showered or at least presentable and I'll get my daughter to take a pic with my camera phone...

The cami IS tight when I sit down, but I'm afraid if I got the 18/20 I'd hang out the top of it. I'm all for cleavage but I'm afraid I'll be out in public with my son on my hip and he'll reach down my shirt and say "Boobies!" with a huge smile. He's no longer nursing, of course, but he's all boy and knows the good stuff when he sees it. Plus he's two and has NO discretion! Wait, is the my hubby or my son? Oh yeah, my son...

Why is it that your husband is more deserving of the $60 for a transient afternoon of gold, but you are not deserving of the $60 spent on yourself? (and from the sounds of it, your husband got more fun out of the jeans than he would have and afternoon of golf... :D )

Sure, you could have spent less on another pair, but would they have looked as good on you?

(okay, I have to fess up, this is something definately is one of my devils. I can't spend money on me, I'd rather save it than spend on me. Part of it is a feeling of not deserving.) ((stupid wolves))

I'm with vinesqueen on this one. You deserve those jeans, don't feel guilty. Sometimes the more expensive clothes are cut better for our sizes. I bought a gorgeous pair of jeans at $110 last month, and let me tell you, they make my ass look so good, and I don't even have an ass. So I'll keep saving my money and buy a good piece here and there, don't you watch What Not to Wear, have Stacy and Clinton not taught you anything??? I love them, I'd give anything to be made over by them. Don't take your jeans back, splurging every now and then isn't bad.

I am with Estela and Vinesqueen too, kiddo! Keep them bad boys (the jeans too, hehe!) I am still looking a good pair of jeans, of course they will only fit for about two - three weeks, but what the hell! (psst....give me the info on them and I will check them out!)

Gotta love Oprah! A few weeks ago she had a show on what to wear for different body types, I don't know if you saw it or not. A GREAT show!

One thing she said was NO SHORTS and NO CAPRIS/CROP pants for anyone over a size 6 (I believe it was a size 6), because it makes our bodies look short and round. She said darker pants/jeans with those faded Patches on the front of the thighs and slightly flared legs with a bright colored closer fitting shirt with a slit neck

Here are a couple links to her site!

http://http://www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200402/tows_past_20040210.jhtml?promocode=088www.oprah.com/tows/slide/200405/20040518/tows_slide_20040518_13.jhtml

no shorts or capris if your are more than a size 6??! To hell with that! But then, I'm notorious for not giving a fig what other people think. Wearing or not wearing shorts won't have any impact on whether my body looks short and round. You know why?

Be cause I AM short and round! (but only short by marriage.)

no shorts or capris if your are more than a size 6??! To hell with that! But then, I'm notorious for not giving a fig what other people think. Wearing or not wearing shorts won't have any impact on whether my body looks short and round. You know why?

Be cause I AM short and round! (but only short by marriage.)

AMEN Crystal! Just like Penni told me once - "If they dont like the way I look - then dont look at me!"

no shorts or capris if your are more than a size 6 ????

that wipes out 3/4 's of the American women!

Whew! Oprah got me off the hook on capris...just kidding, but aren't we supposed to march in a nice little neat line behind her? She IS Oprah!!! I'm not done on capris, I'll try some others on, and I like cute flipflops if they are sturdy...Wal-Mart has slides and other cheap but sturdy shoes that would look cute with capris. I haven't written them off just yet.

OKAY! So DeLarla starts a picture thread and I dig up one of me and Paula and post it there, so I'm posting it here so you all will see my "uniform" and why people think I'm pregnant.

My daughter took a pic of me in my jeans that I'll be returning (!) but it was SO grainy...the light was bad. I'll get one taken, I promise, and post it. Here's the current me though, yuck!! Paula looks so cute though, doesn't she?!

post-204312-138131318265_thumb.jpg

I love Capris too..

Kathy you are like I was refusing to wear anything body forming..

You need some tighter tops. You do look good cause I can see your Collar bone and your face is real thin. Time for new clothes..

And Oprah's style of clothing - I saw her program on Monday and she had her boobs pushed so high up to her chin. And her jeans were like someone poured her into them, Really Really tight to tight if you ask me. But that is my opinion she looked horrible