Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those who have lost BIG time . . .

You know, I think dealing with "head" issues is the worse part of all of this . . . I'm FINALLY learning that I don't need something . . . even though I want it so badly! And gee . . . I cut sugar out completely this wee and have lost 4 lbs . . . (DUH ME . . . what did I EXPECT if I ate the wrong stuff - even if just a bite here or there) . . . I'm happy this week . . . and just broke my lowest weight in probably 35 years . . . so . . . I just keep trying to do the right thing . . . and this week I think I'm totally back on track! Wahoo! You can do this Cerrin . . . you have already proved it by what you have accomplished so far . . . so go for it lady! :w00t:

You know, I think dealing with "head" issues is the worse part of all of this . . . I'm FINALLY learning that I don't need something . . . even though I want it so badly! And gee . . . I cut sugar out completely this wee and have lost 4 lbs . . . (DUH ME . . . what did I EXPECT if I ate the wrong stuff - even if just a bite here or there) . . . I'm happy this week . . . and just broke my lowest weight in probably 35 years . . . so . . . I just keep trying to do the right thing . . . and this week I think I'm totally back on track! Wahoo! You can do this Cerrin . . . you have already proved it by what you have accomplished so far . . . so go for it lady! :)

Yeah, Cristasha!!! Congrats! Keep up your great work! :w00t:

Thanks I knew comming back here would help me get motovated to do the right thing. I was just stuck in a rut.

Hey! but atleast thanks to my friend the Band I havent gained any weight while in that rut. I just havent lost any.

You know, Christasha, that you ARE one of those BIG TIME LOSERS that everyone wants advice from, don't you? 91lb lost is one hell of an achievement and you should be so PROUD of yourself! I've lost the same and I'm feeling pretty successful overall.

I know how you feel about losing slowly though - I did well for my first 12 months, slow and steady and it just kept on going... Then I had that little re-work done last October and I have gained and lost the same 5kg over and over. I bounce from 85kg up to 90kg and then down again, with every now and then hitting a new low (by the merest whisker). At the moment, I'm heading down again, so here's hoping for a new nadir point!

Fanny,

I'm down just about 100 pounds. I still have at least 30-40 pounds to get to where I want to be, but I may re-evaluate that when I lose another 20. I haven't lost but a pound or two since January. I have good restriction and run at least 20 miles a week. I'm training for a 5K. I'm consuming around 80 grams of Protein a day and still struggle. I'm now finally ok with losing slowly. Like Christasha, I felt really slow initially, but I'm getting where I want to go....just slower. We will get there!! Keep up the great work!!!:)

Hi there Fanny! Long time no hear from you! I've been so bad about checking this board because it was always dead . . . and somehow I don't have my notificatino working when some posts! hope all is well with everyone . . . I've got 5 lbs to go to hit that 100 . . . but I'm training to walk the 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk (60 miles - 3 days) . . . so I figure something has to give at some point. There just isn't time to be on the computer any more - I'm either working my 2 jobs, or walking. I'm feeling great .. . going on vacation on Sunday to Yosemite for a week . . . I'm so ready for a break! Congrats to everyone - seriously - did you ever believe we could do this - no matter how much . . . it is all an improvement over Dec 07! There is one lady on another board who is NOW 173 and having RNY in June of 09 . . . WTF??? She started at a high of 203 . . . I'd still like to get DOWN to 203!

Hugs to all!

Chris

Christasha, is the other lady having a revision because something is wrong with the band? I have heard that happens often.

Hi there Fanny! Long time no hear from you! I've been so bad about checking this board because it was always dead . . . and somehow I don't have my notificatino working when some posts! hope all is well with everyone . . . I've got 5 lbs to go to hit that 100 . . . but I'm training to walk the 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk (60 miles - 3 days) . . . so I figure something has to give at some point. There just isn't time to be on the computer any more - I'm either working my 2 jobs, or walking. I'm feeling great .. . going on vacation on Sunday to Yosemite for a week . . . I'm so ready for a break! Congrats to everyone - seriously - did you ever believe we could do this - no matter how much . . . it is all an improvement over Dec 07! There is one lady on another board who is NOW 173 and having RNY in June of 09 . . . WTF??? She started at a high of 203 . . . I'd still like to get DOWN to 203!

Hugs to all!

Chris

Hey Chris, I just noticed that your ticker says you've gotten over the 100 mark!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Where's the big celebration thread, so we can all whoop it up with you?

Shriley . . .the other lady isn't having a revision . . .she is just having RNY . . . today I think . . . all to lose 34 lbs . . . how nuts is that? (in my opinion) . . . :frown:

And thanks for the "wahoo" Fanny . . . Maybe we need to do a poll for June . . . it's 18 months for us now! I'll get on it!

Chris

I was banded on April 3rd I am 55 . My doctor has us eating four ounces of food three times a day no snacking. 3 ounces of Protein chicken, turkey fish, and one ounce of veggie or fruit. We can't eat beef, pork, salad until four months out from surgery. I have lost a total of 42lbs. don't know if this will help you as all doctors are different but it is working for me. I have not done any exercise not even walking but am not proud of that :wub:

If I restrict myself that much I will rebell and eat a pound of chocolate or more. I know I need to get my ass back on track but I am just having such a hard time eatting what is good for me. the crap is just so much easier to go down. My big plus is I havent gained during this horrid time for me.

Cerrin . . . good to hear from you . . . you hang in there . . . and just put one foot in front of the other one day at a time . . . you know you can do this . . . look how far you have come! Everyone is different . . . and the beauty of this band is that you can start over every day if you need to! More Protein and more water! :biggrin:

Hugs

Chris