Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Your Band Stop Your Hunger

Does the band stop your hunger  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Does the band stop your hunger

• Yes 100 -75 %
    • Yes 75- 50%
    • Yes 50 -25%
    • Yes Somewhat
    • No - But I am full for longer on a smaller amount of food

Denise, have you tried the Curves chocolate and peanut bars? They're smaller than the Fiber One bars and 100 calories, and are really yummy. The do have less fiber, again partly because they are smaller. They are a great snack.< /div>

I just got the fiberone oat & pb -love them - 150 calories - but since I am no longer in the weight loss phase - I get to add a few to my daily food intake. Plus I need the fiber :0)

I still watch what I am eating but have a couple of extra calories to play with daily or weekly :0)...

Yes, I have tried those and I like them. I had bought a box at Walmart and I think there was only 5 or 6 in the box, but then costco had the Fiber one bars in a huge box of 30. There is no Costco in the town that I live in, but we are going out of town again. If Costco doesn't have the big box, I probably will go back to the Curves ones.

For me it hasn't - Yes I am full on a smaller amount of food - I can be physically full but mentally hungry which manifest it's self in to what I consider some times as physical hunger

For me I say they have banded my tummy & not my head where the real problems lie...

I think this is a very accurate statement. I deal a lot with head hunger.

The band doesn't make me feel full longer, it just forces me to eat less when I am sitting down to a meal. That is a HUGE help. I also think less about food between meals for some reason.

I'm fairly new at this but wanted to chime in: I can't say it makes my hunger go away but it does keep me from getting hungry between meals and i get full with 1/2 to 1/3 cup of food. so far it has made the weight loss i've had a lot easier I don't think it was meant to keep you from feeling hunger but to keep you from feeling hungry all day i mean, they want you to eat just not all day and not such large amounts.

The band is supposed to be on the vagus nerve which is the nerve that tells your brain you are hungry. It is supposed to press on that nerve so that your brain thinks you are full. It does that for me. My stomach rarely growls. I guess that's why my mind doesn't constantly think "what am I going to eat? " like it used to all the time. I eat at meal times which is Breakfast 8am lunch 12pm dinner 5 pm but if I forget to look at the clock, I forget to eat. That is different in the evenings around 9pm when I have that craving for something sweet.

The band is supposed to be on the vagus nerve which is the nerve that tells your brain you are hungry. It is supposed to press on that nerve so that your brain thinks you are full. It does that for me. My stomach rarely growls. I guess that's why my mind doesn't constantly think "what am I going to eat? " like it used to all the time. I eat at meal times which is Breakfast 8am lunch 12pm dinner 5 pm but if I forget to look at the clock, I forget to eat. That is different in the evenings around 9pm when I have that craving for something sweet.

I wish I could forget to eat :rolleyes2: The only time I do that is if I am out and about doing something

dinner is my primary meal and the one that I NEVER NEVER go without - must go back to the days when I was a kid and we sat down and ate together as a family... I love dinner - my fav meal of the day..

Yea, if I am out running around, that is when I forget to eat lunch. I will end up looking at the clock and seeing it's around 3pm, and I haven't had lunch. That messes up my whole schedule. The difference betweent the two of us Janet is that you like to cook. dinner is a hassle for me because I don't like to cook and mess up the kitchen. I go out to dinner a lot less now that I am banded. It's nice though because I always end up with a doggie bag that will last me about 2-3 more meals.

Yea, if I am out running around, that is when I forget to eat lunch. I will end up looking at the clock and seeing it's around 3pm, and I haven't had lunch. That messes up my whole schedule. The difference betweent the two of us Janet is that you like to cook. dinner is a hassle for me because I don't like to cook and mess up the kitchen. I go out to dinner a lot less now that I am banded. It's nice though because I always end up with a doggie bag that will last me about 2-3 more meals.

Yep Denise - you do know me well :thumbup:- I like to cook:closedeyes: - I like to eat :rolleyes2:- but even pre-banding I didn't eat out very much - the whole single issue which I know you understand.. Also, I didn't like to eat out pre-banding cuz i didn't have leftovers to eat when I got home at night :sleep: Now I do

How's the new BF??? Still going good...

I am going out to lunch today - choices when going out are limited - use to eat big sub kind of sandwiches - now adays can't do that...

Most likely chineese or mexican - at least with the chinesse hard protien and get full fast - mexican 1/2 to 3/4 of a taco so not bad..

I gotta say that so far maintaining hasn't been a problem - scale this morning 145 - and I have had a few small oatmeal Cookies in the evenings..

It's all the exercise. Once you're used to doing it and it's not such a chore, it lets us eat more without gaining.

BF and I are going through a rough patch right now. He has decided he does not like my son in law. It puts me in a difficult position.

It's all the exercise. Once you're used to doing it and it's not such a chore, it lets us eat more without gaining.

BF and I are going through a rough patch right now. He has decided he does not like my son in law. It puts me in a difficult position.

Yes I agree about the exercise

I am coulld almost be called a gym rat :) see i used the word ALMOST :lol:

Sorry about that - ya getting others to accept our families can be a bit of a problem - my xdh was jealous of my son and gs... cause friction..

Hugs that you will get thru it...:sad:

Yes 100 -75 %

bar2-l.gifbar2.gifbar2-r.gifclear.gif623.08%Yes 75- 50% bar3-l.gifbar3.gifbar3-r.gifclear.gif311.54%Yes 50 -25% bar4-l.gifbar4.gifbar4-r.gifclear.gif519.23%Yes Somewhat bar5-l.gifbar5.gifbar5-r.gifclear.gif519.23%No - But I am full for longer on a smaller amount of food

bar6-l.gifbar6.gifbar6-r.gifclear.gif726.92

I wish it would stop me from craving sweets. When I am stressed out, I want to eat sweets. I guess it's the food addict in me. I am addicted to sugar and have much more trouble controlling it when I feel stressed out.

I wish it would stop me from craving sweets. When I am stressed out, I want to eat sweets. I guess it's the food addict in me. I am addicted to sugar and have much more trouble controlling it when I feel stressed out.

OMG DENISE ME TOO...

Right now I am stressed and tired - big food triggers for me. :cool2:

I was at the grocery store after work - wanted a lamb shank (they didn't have any :mellow:) but I was looking at the sweets - Cookies - ice cream - donuts - cin rolls - Oh I wanted some :thumbup: In the bakery section looked at the sweet rolls but nothing appealed to me - Just got some dark choc sf pudding - but at the cash register - I looked at the candy - but said to myself - you don't need it..

So GREAT NSV... I didn't buy any :)- not that I didn't want to - but if I don't have it I can't eat it...

Hope the watermelon I got is good - I haven't cut it yet - It pisses me off when they aren't good..

How things with BF & SIL ??? Is it straighten it's self out yet??

I am not sure. Had them both over for dinner this evening but everyone left at the same time so I didn't have the chance to talk to him about it before he left. It's awkward that's for sure.

Not sure why this thread came up in my user cp where I go to my subscribed threads. Usually, it only comes up if a new post has been added.

So I am adding a new post. My band isn't helping me much right now. I feel like I have no band since I had so much of my fill removed.

I need a band on my brain. I have to dig down deep and find some willpower somewhere.