Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello everyone i was banded on the 27th of aug and things could not have went any better im doing great so far but just kinda confused about how much im suppose to be eating i have about 5 ounces of Protein Shakes 3x aday plus half cup of grits maybe 1x a day that 6 ounces of yougert and 1 cup of cream Soup with Protein Water im getting approx 40 to 50 protein grams a day and eatting about 700 to 750 calories aday am i over doing it i only eat when im hungary sumtimes im not hungary but i know its been way over 4 so ieat alill something iv lost 10 lbs since surgery does it sound like im getting enough? oh yea im drinking non cal liquiads when not eating any advice would be helpful thanks:glare:

What did your surgeon recommend? The post-op guidelines differ from doctor-to-doctor. I was on two weeks liquid followed by two weeks mushies and was instructed to eat/drink when I felt hungry. I was told around 800 calories per day. I had no appetite for the first week so I probably did not meet 800 calories, I was very hungry going into the second week but then again, I was not yet allowed as your are, things like grits, yogurt or cream Soups at that point. So it is best to go by your surgeons instructions.

Sorry I can't help you; I was banded 8/29 and am on liquids for 2 weeks. I'm fairly new but have learned that each surgeon is different in his/her post-op dietary requirements; you should check with your doctor's office to make sure you are complying with their rules! Good luck!

On my post-op I am allowed liquids and cream of wheat/runny oatmeal, so it sounds like your diet. My surgeon didn't put restrictions on amounts, he said just eat as I am hungry, but I should aim for 50 g of Protein. I worry about eating too much, too, I know how you feel. If it helps, I was averaging about 650 calories the first week and about 750 this week (second week). I'm trying not to obsess about the calories, but the online program I'm using to track food keeps telling me how many I'm consuming! Anyway, I wouldn't worry about eating too much, just try to tune in to how hungry you feel. This is hard when your stomach is still reeling from surgery, I know.

hello everyone i was banded on the 27th of aug and things could not have went any better im doing great so far but just kinda confused about how much im suppose to be eating i have about 5 ounces of Protein shakes 3x aday plus half cup of grits maybe 1x a day that 6 ounces of yougert and 1 cup of cream Soup with Protein Water im getting approx 40 to 50 protein grams a day and eatting about 700 to 750 calories aday am i over doing it i only eat when im hungary sumtimes im not hungary but i know its been way over 4 so ieat alill something iv lost 10 lbs since surgery does it sound like im getting enough? oh yea im drinking non cal liquiads when not eating any advice would be helpful thanks:glare:

:thumbup:It sounds like you are doing great. You are getting more in than I did, and that is good. As long as you aren't staying hungry and you are keeping everything down, keep up what you are doing.

i was banded the 25th and i ve made it a week and i am so hungry i started eating solids only 1/2 cup 3 times a day iam worried though that since i have not followed doctor orders i am ruining my chances for a good out come

i was banded the 25th and i ve made it a week and i am so hungry i started eating solids only 1/2 cup 3 times a day iam worried though that since i have not followed doctor orders i am ruining my chances for a good out come

You really should have followed your dr's orders, but mine did allow a test meal on day 8. This was a soft scrambled egg. His rule was if you could keep it down, you could move on to mushies. I did and I have done well so far. If you insist on eating and aren't going to follow what he said, then please make sure it is soft food/pureed. I know it is hard. That is why I ate the test meal on day 8. Going without food is not easy, but they tell us this so our stomachs can heal. I am doing well, so you will probably be fine as long as you keep it simple.

EXTRMFTH...not to scare you but when you eat solids your stomach churns (almost like a little washing machine) to digest it. You don't usually feel it, but it does. That's one reason we are to stay away from solids for so long; we need to give the sutures around our band time to heal so the band will stay in place. Eating too early can cause slippage or erosion or worse. Please call your doc, tell him (or her) what you've been eating and ask them for guidance! I KNOW it's hard to be without food; I haven't eaten for over a week and still have more to go; but it's worth it to heal properly. Hang in there, call your doctor!

thank you all for responding im eating only what my docter has given me permission to eat i was on clear liquiads for two days after surgerya and than full liquids with hot Cereal cream Soups andjello and pudding applesauce and yogurt so i am following my docts to the tee havent eatten anything else and dont plan on it went to far to mess things up lol again thanks for replying and gd luck ot all

Beautifult your original post said you were confused about how much you were supposed to be eating...so apparently the answer is whatever your doc has told you to eat!