Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Even my feet were fat?????

LMAO!! I have never thought that I had that plump look to my hands or feet, but there must have been something there. I've been noticing my boots getting loose lately and the soles had just about given out, so I went to stores (on a mine site) to get some new ones. Old size was 5 1/2, new size 5 is still too loose!! I've lost weight in my FEET!! eek.gifhahaha.gif LOL!! (Got new shirts too, another size down and ordered in new pants 2 more sizes down, which will make 5 sizes down altogether! biggrin.gif)

I know, that is so weird. My shoes were the first part of me to drop down a size. I didn't know our feet would lose weight too.

The first thing I noticed after about 20 lbs. gone is my shoes kept flipping off.. Never had that problem at all.. It is a nice problem. Yes we have fat feet. Not any more:party:

Wow that is interesting, I haven't had that good issue yet although I am just beginning this weight loss journey lol

Veronica

I noticed that the other day as well, when I lost a flip flop in the middle of the parking lot....LOL!

None of my shoes fit anymore either! I had to buy a new pair for work! Still I got over it everyone needs new shoes now and again! Also feel confident enough to wear heels again now :thumbup:

Isn't it just the perfect excuse to buy new shoes? I love it! I've gone down a 1/2 size so far, plus I no longer have to get the wide width.

From 10W to 9.5M, I think we need a new type of ticker!

About 10 years ago I lost 100 lbs. Not only did I go down from a size 10 shoe to a 8.5-9, but I lost inches from my height. I used to be 5'5" and I went down to 5'3". My doctor said it was from having fat feet.

Niiiiiice. It's rather hilarious.

I'm down about 52 lbs now and my shoes are starting to fall off of me again. I had to go get some of those heel things - the kind that you stick to the inside of your heel so your shoes don't flop off. That will have to do until I'm really needing new shoes.

Losing weight is so expensive! Thank God for Ross!

From 10W to 9.5M, I think we need a new type of ticker!

What an amusing thing to say!:thumbup:

I have noticed my shoes fit looser, not to mention my knees not hurting anymore no matter which shoes I wear! Before I lost, my knee pain varied with the shoes I wore! What joy not to have the pain!:tt2:

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm down a shoe size as well. My foot is so much narrower...I think our weight is distributed throughout our feet, as we lose weight it doesn't have to carry so much pressure and our feet are smaller as a result. That's my unofficial uneducated scientific guess anyway...whatever the reason - I love it! I love cute shoes!! When my feet were so swollen and fat I wouldn't and couldn't wear them.

Hi Fanny,

I love this thread! I have noticed the same thing...though I'm not banded yet, I have been actively watching what I eat and walking more in preparation for my (hopefully) surgery. I have read so many posts in which patients had to lose a certain amount prior to surgery, so I'm hoping to head off that requirement and not have it slow me down.

I have recently had to drop down a size in my shoes! I used to wear a 12 wide (I'm 5' 11" tall) and now I'm back down to an 11 wide. Some shoes I'm able to wear a 11M! :cool2:

While I don't think I'll get back down to the size 10 of my high school days, I'm happy not to be at the severe upper end of the retail shoe scale. It's really hard to find cute shoes at my former shoe size - though if you visit the sites for Crossdressers on EBay you can find sexy shoes up to a size 15 or more!:)

I'm already loving this journey, and I'm not even banded yet!:unsure:

Lol, I went to buy some shoes the other day for a wedding we're going to, Doug held up a sandal with only the thinnest of straps. I would never wear shoes like that becuase I have really broad feet and short fat toes, and they would bulge out between anything strappy. I still dont have the most attractive feet. But I was astounded that I could slip this shoe on and it looked fine on me, no sausage toes sticking out where they shouldnt!

I've noticed the most difference in my hands, I get complemented on my hands all the time becuase now they're very thin and elegant! In fact I had to be the model in anatomy the other day - a few weeks back we covered shoulder, elbow and wrist/hand joints and musculature, and you can see all mine - hands particularly, you can pick out every single tendon and bone.

It looks OK now, I have nice hands, but give it ten years and I'm going to have those old lady skeletal claws, lol, I will need that fat transfer procedure to the backs of my hands.

Yet I never would have said I had "fat" hands.

After a loss of 65 pounds, my hands are so much thinner I can't even wear my wedding ring anymore. The last time I had it on, I was talking with my hands. I threw open my arms for emphasis and my ring went flying across the room. I had to stop wearing it for now. I will get it sized when I'm finished losing. No sense in paying for that twice!!! But my husband is heartbroken. He's already a little unsure about men noticing me, so my not wearing a ring to "ward off the hounds" (LOL) has him a little uneasy.

Yes, my fat feet have disappeared to. They were always so swollen with Water retention. Not any more. I can see my ankles, my shins, and the bones in my feet. Even my DH remarked that he couldn't believe that I actually had skinny toes. I now wear toe rings and an ankle Bracelet and am enjoying getting regular pedicures!!

That is so cool.... I like you don't want to resize and because of that when it got to small I stopped wearing it. That was 10 years ago. Looking forward to putting it back on. I try it on everyday... I can't wait....