Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Don't We Give A Little Update Where We're At

I thought this might help us to get to know each other better.

My surgery date is Sept. 10th. I'm on my 2nd day of pre-opt. Not to bad- Protein Shake for Breakfast, lean Protein and veggie for lunch and dinner.

I'm in a good frame of mind, I've moved past all the second quessing, etc. and I'm ready for a new way of life with eating.

Also, is there a daily thread that we can all check in with everyday?

If not, let's start one!

Sandra

I'm on my ninth day of my pre-op diet, and I'm feeling great. I'm so excited about my band-day next Thursday. I get so inspired from looking at the before and after pictures on here. I took pictures of myself, so I can compare them in a few months. I'm feeling very confident that not only will I lose the weight (as I've done many times before - and I'm sure I'm not alone in that), but this time, I will keep it off, with my LB tool.

This is the second week of a self imposed diet. Glucerna or Boost Diabetic (Boost has has more protien - but tastes funny) for Breakfast, snack and most days lunch and then Protien and Veggies for dinner. No more Diet Pepsi - ever - and I am drinking tons of Water.

I saw my Mom for the first time in two weeks and she noticed. I am usually quite swollen, okay fat, from my waist to boobs. When my Gastritis is severe it is even worse. So they all noticed that the swelling is down. Also, my pants are baggy, never a bad sign. And I just realized I haven't had heartburn and my stomach has not hurt for a week. Anyway my Mom is one of those tell it like it is people, so for her to say something, it must show. I don't have a scale, but I guess I will need to get one.

So I am not sure, but I know something is happening. I have changed my attitude too. When I found that I had actually gained 2 pounds I was shocked into action. I AM NOT GOING TO GET TO MY SURGERY AND HAVE IT STOPPED BECAUSE OF MY LIVER!

So I'm finishing up my tests on Tuesday and Wednesday and then I just wait for the most important day of my life.

I had to start a full liquid diet today. I have surgery on Tuesday and they want me to do liquids for three days prior, to shrink my liver. Today has been hard. I just hope tomorrow gets better. I don't think I have ever had to pee this many times in one day. I had a hard time going to the store today, because I'm have been in the bathroom about every 30 min.

But, this is the start to the rest of my life.. I can't wait for this to happen. The best thing about all of this is knowing that I am not alone. That all of you are there, going through the same thing I am. So, thank you to everyone... I know we can all get through this together.

Keep up the good work on pre-op a2bachik and debbie. We can get through it. I'm on day 3.

Sandra

Keep up the good work. It is hard, but we have our goal just up ahead. I think we all have to shrink that stupid liver. Just do the best you can. I have been drinking Crystal Light, makes my tap Water taste better. Maybe something like this would be okay for you.

Well, my date is Sept. 15.....& I agree, I'm through 2nd guessing. All they told me was go on Atkins for 2 weeks.....I started that today!.....Good Luck to all my Seot. Buddies.....I KNOW we will ALL do FANTISTIC!!!!!!!!!

Joy

I hated my preop diet but I got through it and now I'm down to 166 and I'm never gonna be a big girl again...

So u guys keep up the good work

I'll be banded on the 16th. I'm not on any special diet, just trying to keep off the 13 pounds I had to. Funny thing is I've now lost a total of 25 pounds.

I'm having surgery the 8th and on the 7th, I'm supposed to have a "reasonable" Breakfast and then Clear liquids the remainder of the day. My boyfriend took me to Monterey this weekend, and we went to his friend's wedding Saturday night. I had been eating less, and during the weekend, we ate different types of rich foods. At the time, I was like, "eh, it's a wedding."

It definitely caught up with me on the way home and I've felt very lethargic since we got here. Oof.

In other news, I'm a klutz and cut myself Friday, necessitating a tetanus booster and my arm is swollen from that. I don't think that's going to affect it, but I'm definitely going to tell the surgeon Wednesday at our pre-op. Between my physician, urgent care and the pre-op appt with the surgeon, I've gone to the doc 3 times in 2 weeks :thumbup:

Looking forward to continued Protein shakes this week ... new flavors to try! Has anyone gone to two Protein Shakes a day and just dinner?

I just looked at my calendar, and it hit me that today was Monday (these Monday holidays always make it feel like Sunday), which means I only have two more days of my pre-op diet, and then I'll be joining the banded!!

:thumbup:

I don't have to do a pre op Protein diet. Not sure I'm willing to. They sound nasty, and smell worse. :tt2:

teri

Has anyone gone to two Protein shakes a day and just dinner?

No, just for breakfast. I'm here to tell you- the after taste-- gawd!

Congrats to the posters who have already lost weight prior to surgery. That is awesome. See we can do it. I'm on day 5 pre-op. It's going pretty well. Kinda tired of the same ole veggies though.

Sandra