Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think it would be best if you waited a little while in order to let your body heal. I know people said they smoke with no problem, but you really shouldn't because it doesn't allow tissue to heal. It can also make your pain meds less affective. This is especially true for cigarettes because the nicotine binds with the same receptors in the brain that the pain meds do, so the nicotine and meds are competing against each other, so to speak, for the same receptors. So that is why the meds don't work as well. Smoking anything also restricts blood vessels, and this makes circulation poor. Your body needs good circulation, so that the oxygen in your blood can heal you after surgery. If there isn't enough circulation, then there isn't enough blood and oxygen. This can cause damage. Just my advice.

I am really glad other people posted. Some great thoughts

Miss Mouse, definitely be honest with your surgeon, he can't take anything away from you, and get his advice on the subject. Good luck and happy toking if you go for it...

Excellent thought because my doctor once said, "I'm your doctor not your priest."

After a few months, I don't see how smoke could effect a bandster any differently.

HOWEVER, I would be very careful about substituting other comfort for the food you used to eat. Especially in this early stage. The lap band is only a physical tool, you need to be aware of your psychological food issues and grow in this process or you will be back at square one.

If you want to smoke (or drink or use prescription drugs) because you are itching to soothe yourself with food, I would not do it. Let yourself feel every step of this process and be open to what comes up.

But if it's just a social one time thing I don't think it's a big deal.

Those of us with addictive behhaviors concur. It would be super easy for me to switch out alcholol for good. Gaurd yourself.

well, i smoke cigs and my doc knows it. i don't think weed could be any worse as long as you watch those munchies

Unfiltered smoke. Hotter, coughing and that impact.

Mouse ...Check with your doctor.