Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mail Handlers

I have Mail Handlers and I've been fighting with them since Jan. or Feb. I can't remember now it's been so long. I have my final appeal in with OPM. My Mail Handlers plan is federal so OPM is kind of like the State Insurance Boards for state insurance. Hopefully they will over turn Mail Handlers decision. If not I will just get a loan and self pay in Mexcio.

Guest SherryM

Cathy -

I too hope that your decision is overturned and that insurance will pay for it. I know you really are determined though -- so you will get it one way or the other!

Fight the good fight my dear friend!

Sherry M.

Cathy! My friend had an initial denial from Mail Handler's, but they reversed their non-coverage of the band in April. She had her band earlier this month.

I would suggest that you call them and check on things!

~Tonia

Cathy,

Please keep me posted as to your outcome. I work for the federal government and Mail Handlers is one of the companies available to us. Currently I have Anthem HMO but I'm not sure if they're going to cover lapband. I am in the early pre-band stage so it hasn't even been submitted yet. Our open season for insurance changes occurs during November, so I want to be able to change if I need to. Please keep me updated.

Thanks,

Sheila

Sheila,

Do you have the option of GEHA? I have had alot of trouble with Mail Handlers. I just got denied on my final appeal with OPM. I have found out that I can re-submit and start all over again. I have an appt. with a new doctor in Sept. and I'm going to try it again. Hopefully I can get an answer before open enrollment which is in Nov. for my husband also. If they deny it again we will look at our options of either hiring a lawyer or switching to GEHA. I talked to GEHA and they sound easier to get approvals. I don't know anything about your case though. I had specific reason for getting denied by Mail Handlers. I can't really go into them right now because I work at a college and we are in registration right now so I have to go. If you want to e-mail me your e-mail adderess we can talk more after registration. My e-mail address is falbc@lit.edu.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches