Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Restriction Question

Okay had good restriction all weekend - hardly ate a thing but enjoyed what I ate just ate slow and chewed well - today I have no restriction - does anyone know why some days you can't eat much at all but then the very next day you can eat too much and it is hard not to do so. Thanks!

I just posted the same exact question about a week ago!!! It's like the band works with the weather or something...

The band is placed as a fixture in our body so you would think it would work all or none of the time.

I am with you!!! Somedays it does the job... Others is takes a break... and then, Lo and behold its working again!!!

I have a fill scheduled on Friday and dont even know if I should get it as last week I couldn't eat for about 3 days. Today of course, I have eaten plenty!!!!

I hate days where I don't have restriction because I feel guilty if I eat more than I do on restriction days even if it really isn't that much food - but I also hate the feeling of food getting stuck in my esophagus and feeling like it is going to spew out of my mouth if I talk. I had great restriction at dinner Friday night all day Saturday and Sunday - then today I had a Protein Shake which usually tightens it up because it is cold - no restriction - went to lunch with my daughter - Mexican food which I never eat and ate a cheese enchilada with no problem - I usually can't eat anything like that - then when I got home later I ate 1/2 of a deviled egg and it went down fine and it usually gets stuck - I wish I knew the answer to why some days and some days not - Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches