Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Baaaack!! WOO HOO!!!

Was banded last Wed 8-13-08 and am feeling better each day. Came out of surgery with a whopping Migraine but it has gone now - Thank GOD!

Am still on Clear liquids but I know better things are coming.

Did anybody miss me???:thumbup:

Cograts dunna - I was banded Friday. I had the same deal with the headache... Clear Liquids are getting old already but I also look forward to the future... feel good...

Glad surgery went well. Sorry about the Migraine - they are horrible!

I felt like each stage took forever! When I was on clear liquids I wanted full, on full liquids I wanted mushies. Started that phase today, it is nice to chew - but now I am having mouth hunger, just wanting to chew and swallow. Something new to deal with!

Welcome back! I was banded last Thursday and didn't have much shoulder pain and then BAM! today I felt like someone ripped my shoulder out of its socket! I got on the treadmill for 20 mts, took some Lortab, got my heating pad, and fell asleep. Feel much better now.

Being on clear liquids suck! There is no flavor and meanwhile, I'm not starving, but I need flavor and something else. I feel like sucking on a chocolate bar. The first 6 weeks are gonna suck, especially when you gain 6 lbs like me since surgery day. Still can't wait for mashed potatoes! Whoohoo!

I was also banded on Aug 13th. Yet I am in pain. I too am on this liquid diet...which is getting very old very fast. I feel really bloated and the gas is awful. Am I the only one going through this? I am so uncomfortable that it actually takes my breath away! I just want to make sure that there isn't anything wrong with my band...or if I may have done something wrong?! Any ideas?

weight.png

Edited by ahsem2bme

I was also banded on Aug 13th. Yet I am in pain. I too am on this liquid diet...which is getting very old very fast. I feel really bloated and the gas is awful. Am I the only one going through this? I am so uncomfortable that it actually takes my breath away! I just want to make sure that there isn't anything wrong with my band...or if I may have done something wrong?! Any ideas?

weight.png

I felt pregnant for days after and the only thing that is supposed to help is walking. However, honestly, I didn't see any benefit of the walking. I don't feel really bloated anymore. I spent the last evening tooting and having a little diarrhea which must have relieved that. They also gave me this spirometer that I'm supposed to suck on to exercise my lungs and prevent pneumonia. I think you should concentrate on the walking and Water. I think the first week postop must be the hardest. My biggest incision is still kind of oozy and I put gauze on it and re-taped it.

I'll take preop chicken breast and salad anyday of the week! I miss roasted chicken like crazy right now. I'm so tired of this liquid diet I could just die! Blech!

Thanks to all of you who have posted to this thread.

We WILL make it - I KNOW it. I look at it one liquid at a time.....some days/hours/minutes are just going to be that way. I am trying to keep my focus on the BIG picture - getting healthier!!

I spoke to a friend tonight (her hubby is an anesthesiologist) and she said the post-surgery headaches are fairly common. Glad I didn't know about it ahead of time..... LOL

All in all - even with the HORRIBLE headache, I think I have done better than I expected to. I just have to keep reminding myself I just had surgery - I have to take my time and let my new tummy heal. This too shall pass.........

Congrats dunna and welcome back!

I figure that in the scheme of things this is a small part of our journey and everything will fall into perspective! I hope soon all the bad feelings people have had post surgery will fade into a distant memory as we all move towards our goals!

Congrats Dunna!!! We are glad to see you back. I always love to hear how everyone is doing after there surgery! You girls really get me excited about getting my band in a week.