Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am new to the forum....my name is Lori and I am from NC. I have enjoyed hangin around for a few weeks and reading. I felt it was time to join in and get to know people. Looking forward to meeting people and learning from everyone.

Hi Lori, Which program are you working with. I live west of Asheville and have been driving to the Hickory program. My insurance will pay for the lap band in Asheville but because they are not a surgery of center of excellence they don't recommend the program.

I am going to a Dr in Cary. Several people that I work with have had either the Lapband or by-pass done by Dr. Enochs in the last 2 years. Everyone has been very pleased with him & his staff. So far eveything is going good for me too, just waiting on the insurance to approve so that I can set a date. Here is the website for Dr. Enochs www.surgerync.com He was the first one in NC to do the Lapband surgery.

Edited by disney99
typo

Well I have come ALONG way since my intro. I was banded 9/18/08. Boy was it a day...the 18th was the 3rd Friday of the month, big deal right....wrong. I provide Breakfast for a different group of teachers at my daughters high school the 3rd Friday of each month and have for 2yrs. This shouldn't have been to much of a problem - surgery 1240, have to be there at 1040....leave school at 9am. Perfect! Once again WRONG....we are all up getting ready for the day, my DH is going with me to help with the breakfast...since I can't eat, he's going to make sure I don't slip. My phone rings at 638am and guess who it is....Linda the nurse from Rex hospital. Mrs. B are your having surgery today. Yes @ 1240 - WRONG! She is calling to tell me that there was a change in my surgery time (no call to me was made) my surgery had been changed to 730am and I should have been there by 530am!! OH NO!!! What am I going to do. Linda tells me to get there are soon as I can and I WILL have my surgery TODAY!! So a few phone calls later and the teacher breakfast is covered by someone else and my DH & I are on the road.

I check in at the hospital around 745am...boy did we make good time. I was taken back and get to meet Nurse Linda(she was awesome!). So the prep work started! Lots of information to go over/check/provide. Because of my HP I had to have a very small tube of blood drawn and let me tell you...the nurse or whoever did that bruised me worse than my lap band bruise. Yeah really....check out the pics!

So it got to be about 1120 and the man with the good meds (the one that knocks you out) came by, and the show really got on the road from there. DH said I was taken in about 1140am and Dr Enoch's came out and met with him right at 45mins later. I have one incision, which is cool. It took me a long time to wake up, they said I would have to stay if I didn't get up. So the DH was WONDERFUL and all the nurses were telling me what a GREAT husband I have. He came into the room helped get me up, dressed, to the bathroom and gave me a stuffed monkey!

I really don't remember much about the first 2 days (Sat & Sun). By Monday I was moving good and thinking am I going to make it. I am going to be honest here in saying that it is hard, during the recovery time. I am sick of the smell of broth, the liquid meds are the worse! I am in the 2nd wk stage of foods so that is a little better. And what everyone says about the gas...it is driving me crazy...which isn't to far! ;o)

I have went "out to eat" with my mother. But my mother is WONDERFUL...she called the chef ahead of time and had a special Soup made just for me. But I did not make the 4 hr(one way) ride to see our oldest son play football today. And I feel real bad about that, his birthday it next sat. (21). And my DH will fly to China on Friday & our 9yr Anniversary is on Wed.... man what a week. Lots of things will be different when he gets back and we will make the ride to take our son out for his birthday!

The one things that I have to keep telling myself over and over - you feel like you could eat anything - but you have to give your body time to heal. My 1st followup is Monday...so I will be back with more then.

God Bless to all who have been banded and are getting banded!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches