Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no fill in band but everything is getting stuck

Hi,

I have had my band for nearly 3 years. Evrything was fine with the band until i got pregnant and had my daughter. My doc took out all my fill in the band when i was 12 weeks pregnant due to bad reflux. I was fine for the whole pregnancy and could eat whatever i wanted with no problems or feeling of restriction.. Straight after i had my daughter by c section food started to get stuck. This has been going on now for 10 months and the doctor cant work our why... I have had a gastroscope and barium swallow that shows the band is fine and not slipped, however we cant work out why i have got so much restriction. this is really starting to ruin my life as i cant eat anything except junk like chocolate to fill me and dont even bother with eating any solid foods anymore as i know i will vomit and be in pain.

Has this happened to anyone else or can anyone shed some light on the possible cause?

Thanks

I just had my band removed after not being able to swallow solids and sometimes liquids on too many occasions over a five month period. I must say that the band removal surgery was really difficult for me and I still can not swallow the way I used to. My doctor said that there is a tremendous amount of scar tissue that has to be removed when the band is taken out and that thuis is a difficult and maybe dangerous procedure. Were any of you guys told this initially? I wonder if this has any residual effects on swallowing even though the band is gone.I just pray that I will be normal again.

Private Dancer7

I will tell you from experience that there are SO many things that they do NOT tell you. And if things DO go wrong, they tell you that they can simply remove it. Well, it's not always that simple. The band can do DAMAGE to your insides. It doesn't happen all the time, but it DOES happen. But, these Doctors have to make their money, and to do that they have to SELL you on the procedure. And they're not going to do that if they give all the "potentials".

As I've said many times....the LB has saved many lives, changed many lives, taken some lives, and hurt other lives.

Make sure you POUND on your Doctor to help you get a resolution to this. Many Drs will kind of abandon a "trouble" patient. Not all, but some.

Best of luck.....let us know how this goes.....

I've not had any fill in over 2 years and I still get stuck. I never know when it's going to happen. Tonight it was peas, fish, tomatoes and 2 bites of cornbread with butter. After over 30minutes of vomiting:scared2: I finally got it all up. I hate this. I hate not knowing when it's going to happen. I want to get it out but I'm not sure where to start. Help me figure this out.

I just had my band removed after not being able to swallow solids and sometimes liquids on too many occasions over a five month period. I must say that the band removal surgery was really difficult for me and I still can not swallow the way I used to. My doctor said that there is a tremendous amount of scar tissue that has to be removed when the band is taken out and that thuis is a difficult and maybe dangerous procedure. Were any of you guys told this initially? I wonder if this has any residual effects on swallowing even though the band is gone.I just pray that I will be normal again.

Private Dancer7

Oh my gosh...i just posted earlier under "Please Help Me" and just read your thread. I am going thru almost the exact same thing. Be careful and take care of yourself, and keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. I thought i was the only one going through this hell right now. And for awhile...i thought it was normal. Even though i wouldnt wish this on anyone, its good to know I am not the only one. Good luck. I will let ya all know what i find out.

Hi,

I have had my band for nearly 3 years. Evrything was fine with the band until i got pregnant and had my daughter. My doc took out all my fill in the band when i was 12 weeks pregnant due to bad reflux. I was fine for the whole pregnancy and could eat whatever i wanted with no problems or feeling of restriction.. Straight after i had my daughter by c section food started to get stuck. This has been going on now for 10 months and the doctor cant work our why... I have had a gastroscope and barium swallow that shows the band is fine and not slipped, however we cant work out why i have got so much restriction. this is really starting to ruin my life as i cant eat anything except junk like chocolate to fill me and dont even bother with eating any solid foods anymore as i know i will vomit and be in pain.

Has this happened to anyone else or can anyone shed some light on the possible cause?

Thanks

I know exactly what you are going through. I am going through the exact same thing. I go in in a couple of days. I will let you know what i find out. Good luck. I will be praying for you.

Just thought I would update you a little on my situation...

I went to the doc and he opened me up all the way...I only had .5 CC in my band, so it wasnt much. For the first few days I felt fine..but slowly, day by day, its once again coming back, the heartburn and the vomiting. They did the test, my band hasnt slipped and is perfectly in place. So, I was told that its all me, not eating right, now chewing enough...blah, blah, blah. I will admit, "sometimes" that has happened, but not ALL the time. So..next apt. is at the end of septemer. I am trying to be extra careful..trying to stop the vomiting and horrible heartburn, but i haven noticed, its slowly starting back up. Arrgh. I am scared that it will get to be as bad as before, I cant open my band up anymore. So...

To be continued.....

Private Dancer7

I too am at a point where i want my band removed. I am vomitting sometime 6 times a day. I cant take it anymore. I also have not lost any weight with the band and i have had it 1.5 years!! I just get teh runaround from the clinic. Where did you get banded?