Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone NOT exercising???

That's exactly what I do, read the title, think oooh interesting and go on in. In fact my computer screen is so configured that I cant even see the forum its in without purposely scrolling across.

And obviously it IS a problem Susan because more than once, a thread has been disrupted by arguments like this because people take it as you poking your nose in where you werent welcome. I'm always willing to apologise for that if its what happens.

But not to people who accuse me of barging in in my bikini to patronise :-)

vanilla slices

vanilla Slices?

Susan this job must give you an awful lot of headaches, I think you're doing a great job and thank you for continuing to do so Nancy.:thumbup:

Jacqui, I just want to say, if I ever get to the point where I can put on a bikini and look as good as you do, I am going to make it my new avatar, post it on MySpace and Facebook...heck, I may even wear it to work!!

Susan

You and me both, I am having a TT in a few days and I would like to lose a little more weight..........but if I can look that good in a bikini, I am gonna buy the smallest one possible and wear it to work too!!

vanilla Slices?

Oh, you soooooo dont want to know, lol.

Are vanilla slices an Australian thing too?

Here goes. And yes, I ate three, yes THREE over the course of Saturday and Sunday. I did run 15kms on Sunday though! But the trouble is I washed them down with wine. Well, it was my BIRTHDAY! So the calories dont count, right?

I'm no reformed fatty/superhuman diet dynamo. I fall off the wagon. That never matters as long as you get back on.

Ok, here goes, a vanilla slice is layers of choux pastry and vanilla custard topped with yummy white icing. We call them snot blocks in our part of the world.

I ask you though, does this not sound like it was meant to be? We were in the car going to do the grocery shopping, heading for the fruit and veg wholesaler we shop at. I suddenly had a really big craving for a vanilla slice, it must be 10 years since I last ate one. What do you know, they had trays of six going for $3 at the front of the fruit and veg place. How weird is that? So of course, I had to buy them.

But that's not my fault right? It had nothing to do with me or my choices, right? If I had any self control I wouldnt have needed a lapband, okay?

That's what I mean, nobody is going to crucify anyone for making a bad choice or a lazy one. Absolutely all of us do it at times. Its what you do afterwards that counts. And I know for sure, that without the exercise I do, my dietary indiscretions would have way more effect on my weight. As it is, I tend to stay very stable despite these brain farts.

But am I moaning about being 3 or 4lb heavier this morning? No. I know why I am and I know what I need to do for the rest of the week. If someone comments that one shouldnt eat vanilla slices becuase they make you fat, they're not going to get an argument from me, because its TRUE. Even though I dont want it to be. And sadly I cant make it untrue by attacking the person who points it out to me.

Edited by Jachut

Speaking of bikinis, I've been watching the Olympics, and it seems like the only ones who aren't wearing bikinis are the swimmers! Volleyball players, runners, etc. I remember when wearing little running shorts was kind of scandalous. Yesterday, the lady marathoners ran their hearts out, and I don't think more than a couple of them were wearing shorts. The rest of them were sporting bikinis. They looked very fit, but jeepers it made my thighs chafe just thinking of it. Obviously, those gals do NOT have thighs that rub together.

Jachut - have you started running in that bikini yet, girl? Slap a little Aussie flag on your back side and get out there! ;o)

Good luck on the TT Michee!

Edited by Foofy

I had a blood clot 3 weeks after surgery and was told no exercise. I am not losing any weight. I wish I had never had this surgery.

Lol Foofy, I was watching the marathon too and cringing at the chafe factor. I mean, even the thinnest women have a touch of flesh around buttocks and thighs, dont they? I did a fun run yesterday morning, and believe me, being about 8 degrees C and mid winter here, I was NOT wearing a bikini, lol.

When I put that thing on, I dont MOVE!. Something might fall out. Once arranged on my beach towel with all bits firmly tucked in, I'm staying there!

Wanda, what do they do for the blood clot? Medication? Will you be able to exercise normally eventually? That's rough luck, they do so much to try to prevent that happening these days, and yet it still does. Hope you are better and out of danger very soon. Till then, try to remain postive, this will work for you when you're back on your feet so to speak.

They give you blood thinners. First in the hospital via IV, then they switch you to pill form (or some people get to shoot themselves up at home - fun!) to go home. You take them for ages and then it's all over.

Yes, you can exercise eventually. I don't remember being told not to exercise at the time, but a) I hadn't just had surgery and :blush: it was 28 years ago and I don't remember all the details.

Beat a dead horse. Not rhyming slang. As in I think we've covered just about everything this topic can. To continue would be to beat a dead horse.

Actually, Foofy and I's posts above were referring to the Aussie slang use of "dead horse" where its used in place of Tomato sauce (which is ketchup here is Australia). Thats where the rhyming thing came in.

I think we're on different tracks here with our 2 uses of the phrase. Foofy and I were totally off topic and you were talking about this specific thread.....am I right?

Mmmmmm vanilla slices.....mmmmmmm.... Oh heck thanks Jach, now all I can think about is gooey chewy custardy loveliness......

On the origional subject of exercise - if anyone is still talking about it!- I have to say that I was soooo unfit that the thought (and indeed the doing) of cardio used to make me want to hurl. Rather than make each work out a torture session - I figured I had enough of that going on avoid the likes of vanilla slices - which would ultimately just negg me out and p*ss me off, I bought a Power Plate.

They are pretty darn good, they dont involve any joint impact for those that are less than supple, and they do deliver what they promise. They will make you sweat, but they dont make you wheeze! A complete workout only involves 10 minutes on the plate so even the busiest mum ( I've got 6 myself) can fit it in!

I built up my confidence and muscle strength and eventually progressed onto recumbrant bikes and cross trainers, now I can do an hour of cardio (can I have a big woo hoo please as I never thought I would type those words) but it had to start with something that I enjoyed.

Worth a try for those who are struggling?

Nina x

now I can do an hour of cardio (can I have a big woo hoo please as I never thought I would type those words)

Nina x

Nina - :blush::clap: Consider yourself 'Whoo hoo'ed"

Jachut - belated birthday.

If ever I become small enough to fit into a bikini (and the thought of that is making me giggle!), I won't wear it - too many scars to expose to the general public...but that's many hours/weeks/months of sweat away!

You had to go and mention vanilla slices, didn't you, Jachut! Evil bitch!! :frown::blush:

*edits*

Ha!! I know how to pay you back.... TIM TAMS!!! ANZAC COOKIES!! KINGSTONS!! So there!! :wink2:

Edited by Fanny Adams