Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on July 17 and did well with my pre-op diet and 2 weeks of liquid. Now that I've started eating mushies I've lost all control. I eat more than my 2 ounces at meals and know that going off track can cause my band to slip but I'm in total denial that it could happen to me. I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out because I feel like such a failure once again. Why can't I control the food instead of letting it control me? :cool2:

I was banded on July 18th and am going through the same thing. Today my side hurts-think I may have pulled something lifting a suitcase - also ache all over.

On the positive side, my doc says weeks 3 and 4 before your first fill are the worst because hunger is back and it seems you are eating as before but he says that changes when you get the first fill so hang in there... It seems your reaction and hunger is normal. Is your stomach still tender to touch???

my tummy still hurts... feels odd... when I touch it..... I am eating crackers and pate??,,,,, banded July 16... but I feel some restriction... only 2 crackers for supper.. but "real food" tastes so good...... still only eating about 600 - 700 cals.

I was banded on July 17 and did well with my pre-op diet and 2 weeks of liquid. Now that I've started eating mushies I've lost all control. I eat more than my 2 ounces at meals and know that going off track can cause my band to slip but I'm in total denial that it could happen to me. I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out because I feel like such a failure once again. Why can't I control the food instead of letting it control me? :cool2:

I totally understand. I was also banded the 17th and just knew that i wouldn't be one to cheat since I went through the whole process. I figured cheating wasn't worth it. I've done well, THEN...I started soft foods, got my period and food cravings, and NO RESTRICTION all at the same time. I hope this doesn't happen every month. Over the last four days my weight has stopped, gone in reverse and up 1.5 lbs. I'm so upset. You're not alone. Lets make a vow that starting in the morning, we start fresh. DEAL? Its already happened, all we can do is cut it out.

I was banded on the 17th also and I am soooo hungry in the evening. I do very well in the morning but I can't stop eating after dinner.

You ate two crackers and pate' for dinner and that was it. I wish I had that kind of restriction. I had a cup of ckn noodle Soup and scrambled eggs for dinner. I still was only at 800 calories for the day but I feel like eating all the time.

Heres a tip, and I believe it to be a GREAT TIP!

If your going to let food get the best of you on certain nights, please please please put healthy food in! No, I'm not telling you to munch on rabbit food i'm talking about healthier choices. Slice of low fat cheese with a piece of turkey, or the whole turk sand depending on your restriction.

Eat some cottage cheese with a slice of fresh Tomato, or an extra bowl of healthier Soup.< /p>

Either way, if you are going to EAT EXTRA, EAT HEALTHY.

At the end of the day, it won't sabotage your goal and the extra calories aren't that bad.

Good luck, remember this is not a diet.. Its not going to end, we have to change mentally and realize this is an every day battle.

That means a new battle starts tomorrow :-)

Did your doctor say only 2 ounces per meal?? I am not advocating going against doctors orders, beleive me. But my doctor said "eat til your satisfied" JMHO but 2 ounces seems very little to eat with no restriction.

I was banded 7/7 and boy can I relate. Lets face it, we had WLS, not mind surgery. Of course we are still going to have the same thoughts and want to take the same actions with food as before surgery. We chose the band, not any of the other major, invasive, dangerous surgeries that give you a honeymoon for a year or so before you can eat. We have to deal with the issues now, not after the weight is off. I think it is a good thing.Good news,too, is that we have a "tool" that is forever. We are adjustable so we can keep the weight off. Other surgeries, which are permenent, can stretch the pouch back and alot of people regain all their weight. We need to be understanding and kind to ourselves and not worry so much. I have got involved with private therapy as well as OA to aid with my Lapband "tool". We need this support. We cannot expect to change our old ways just because we had the surgery. Try to be kind to yourself, Not mad. Be proud of yourself for doing this and take one day at a time. Or if needed, like I do, One hour at a time! :cool2:

okay so you have officially entered band hell! I was banded on may 27th and before you get to your first fill but after the swelling goes down, you have 0 restriction and a very healthy appetite. Rest assured everything comes back it perspective and it's easy to get back on track after your fill. We are only at the beginning of this journey and we have to stop the habit of beating ourselves up like we used to. you are doing great by making this life changing decision and you will make it. there are going to be ups and downs, we are all going through them together.

Oh my goodness!!! I feel the same way as most of you do. I was banded on the 22nd of July and have only lost about 10lbs. Now the hunger is back, and boy do I mean back!!! I went to my doc today for my post op check and he says I'm doing fine, although I have told him that I can eat too much. He says it will be better when I get filled... I just hope I don't gain 10 lbs before that!!!!!!! I need some therapy for food. Do they make that?:cool2:

Oh my goodness!!! I feel the same way as most of you do. I was banded on the 22nd of July and have only lost about 10lbs. Now the hunger is back, and boy do I mean back!!! I went to my doc today for my post op check and he says I'm doing fine, although I have told him that I can eat too much. He says it will be better when I get filled... I just hope I don't gain 10 lbs before that!!!!!!! I need some therapy for food. Do they make that?:cool2:

Therapy for food=mind therapy

Try to keep yourself occupied with something else, that helps me. Talk to someone who you can talk to. Become a computer junkie instead of a food junkie! Don't weigh yourself too often. Try to make healthy food choices- sometimes I eat three 10 cal sugar free jellos. Nothing wrong with that. GOOD LUCK!

I have to tell you that I was nervous to come back and read this thread after I first posted it. I am so encouraged by everyone's support and am vowing to get back on track tomorrow and only do what I know I'm supposed to do.

Here's to a new day tomorrow with only good things coming our way!

I do eat the popsicles and pudding when I am hungry and Soup too... made Swiss Knorr potatoe soup and added potato and carrots... very good and low cal and filling...... also eating health7y... except for the chips tonight.. hmmm.. anyways.. I feel great about the lap band choice and will wait for fills for restriction and weight loss... good luck to you....

i was banded on july 16th and i eat 4oz at a time.. this is on my post op mushie diet.. we r allowed fish so i eat the 4 oz tilapia grilled its 100 cal 2.5 fat and 20 grams of Protein. I am really starting to get hungry but i am having a fill aug 28th :cool2: dont worry just try diff things thats more feeling and no bread :thumbup:

Did your doctor say only 2 ounces per meal?? I am not advocating going against doctors orders, beleive me. But my doctor said "eat til your satisfied" JMHO but 2 ounces seems very little to eat with no restriction.

That is what I was thinking. Two ounces is 1/4 cup, how is that going to be enough for a person who has not even had a fill yet? My doctor also said eat until you are satisfied and believe me it takes more than 2 ounces to get to that.

I have only had one fill so far and I am not at my "sweet spot" yet so my weight loss is slow right now but the scale is always going in the right direction. I am eating about a cup of food (7-8 oz) per meal and I have not gained a pound since surgery.