Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Healthier weight

Hi all, has anyone been banded at the alexandra hospital in cheadle (manchester) through the 'healthier weight' company?:biggrin:

Hi,

I didnt use 'healthier weight', I went with Surgicare, but the Alex in Cheadle is fantastic, I use it for any procedures that I need and I have never had a bad experiance!

Nina x

Hi all, has anyone been banded at the alexandra hospital in cheadle (manchester) through the 'healthier weight' company?:crying:

hello I have been banded my healthier weight and would recommend them to the end of the earths.

I have been a year now since being banded and have lost over 9stone and going for my final review today is you would like to chat more please use msn on rouse235@hotmail.com I would be happy to tell you more.

take care Dianne

I was banded at the alexander in cheadle yesterday Dianne actually recommended it to it. I am sooo impressed with everything the surgeons the care it was worth every penny.

sweepyxx

I was banded at the alexander in cheadle yesterday Dianne actually recommended it to it. I am sooo impressed with everything the surgeons the care it was worth every penny.

sweepyxx

Hi. I am going to be banded at the nuffield hospital in newcastle-under-lyme soon. Could you tell me what you were told regarding diet prior to surgery, and what you feel like now you have had it done, what are you able to eat now etc.. Thanks

Hi. I am going to be banded at the nuffield hospital in newcastle-under-lyme soon. Could you tell me what you were told regarding diet prior to surgery, and what you feel like now you have had it done, what are you able to eat now etc.. Thanks

Well i went on a 5 day pre-op diet. This is shakes and Soups that they provide. I did quite well done this and lost 8lb was hard going but its got to be done. Well now i feel abit sore but thats because i wasnt taking my pain killers so today i am making sure i am. food wise well its liquids for another 3 weeks, Soups, shakes and fruit juice so i am quite happy with that. After that its 3 weeks pureed then normal food. They give u a diet list to help you along.

sweepyxx

Hi I was banded on 20th Dec at the Alexandra with Dr Favretti - the man is fantastic. He mended a hernia while I was in surgery! The site of the stitches are beautiful and the care was brilliant. I would recommend Healthier weight as they offer a good after care package and follow up.

Hi I was banded on 20th Dec at the Alexandra with Dr Favretti - the man is fantastic. He mended a hernia while I was in surgery! The site of the stitches are beautiful and the care was brilliant. I would recommend Healthier weight as they offer a good after care package and follow up.

I was also banded by Dr Favertti August 2007 and I am so thrilled with my results, I have now lost over 10stone and that took me a year. I have nothing but praise for the Healthier weight the staff are helpful and supportive. I am now 9st 7lbs and so happy that I have a new life and will be moving in with my partner in 2 weeks life is good for me and the weight loss gave me the chance to go out and find happiness again.

Edited by waterbottle
more info

Hi, its great to be able to 'chat' to other people who not only have a band, but also share the same surgeon!

I think you have done amazingly to get to your weight in just a year - way to go!

I am not in a very good place at the moment. Banded 2 months tomorrow and i have just binged on chocolate :scared2:. I don't even know why and I am so angry with myself - I am still on the puree stage so shouldn't even have solids yet!

did you have any blips in your journey or have i just mucked up all my hard work to date.......what an idiot?!:)

Banded 2 months tomorrow and i have just binged on chocolate :wink2:.

Did you prepare well enough for your band? Sorry to be hard, but you need to take responsibility for your actions at the time you do them. You made a choice to eat the chocolate. You ate it because you wanted to at that moment in time. One square of chocolate is one thing, but binging?? If it wasn't in the house you wouldn't eat it. Get rid of it.

I wouldn't at this stage get too deeply into the whys and wherefores of it. Just stop making bad decisions. Give the band a chance to work with you.