Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so I'm having a frosted flakes craving acutally any Cereal LOL so wondering if it could be a mushy or is cereal one of those things that gets stuck... I'd rather ask than be my own guinea pig

I actually craved shredded wheat and was ok'd by the doctor to have it 2 weeks post op

its probably ok however ceral is evil. Cause it does slip threw the band and so it an issue. It also causes you to crave more once you have had it. If you know you can eat just one serving then go for it but if you have addictive behavior like i do i would stay away. I missed alot of time of being able to lose weight cause i kept eatting ceral.

oh great... It does the opposite of getting stuck... Booooooo! Hmmm now I have a decision to make... Thank u guys for the info hopefully I'll satisfied with a little and it will help me practice chewing, since everything else has been slurping :teeth_smile:

I've been eating honey nut cheerios for Breakfast for the mushy phase. I let them get a little soggy and then eat and then pour the milk out.

There is very little nutrition in frosted flakes. How ever I have to admit they taste G R E A T!

WARNING...i am a SUPER slow loser, so my advice is not always the best.

if i crave something, i eat it. i have learned moderation with the help of my band. you have to be careful with cereal though because it is so high in sugar. it has been two years since i was banded, and since i have gone all this time with the small portions, i cannot even eat a half of a bowl of cereal. i start to get that sick feeling that we have at thanksgiving when we have stuffed ourselves. i started out trying to stick with the 'diet' program and my band, but i quickly realized that if i could diet, i would have done it without the band. i met with my general practicioner who advised me to eat my normal diet, just let the band guide me. i eat most all of the foods i always ate, just in SIGNIFICANTLY smaller portions. i have surpassed my first goal of 40 lbs loss, surpassed my second goal of 60 pounds loss, and i am slowly trucking my way to 80 lbs loss. if you want to lose all of your weight in 18 months, don't listen to me, but if you have the rest of your life to get lighter, then hear me. i have been happy with my 'diet' and i am super please with my results.

so...the moral of my story is this...if your band has helped you gain control of your ability to stop eating, then have your bowl of cereal. if not, stay away from it, the sugar is addicting. if you are new to bandland, then take tiny, tiny test bites. some cereals for me are out of the question because they seem to 'scratch' as they pass my band, no matter how mushy they get in milk. pain is a sign of BAD. test a serving of the cereal in milk for a little while in the bowl to see how big it gets. you don't want to overfill your lower stomach, that can be just as critical as overfilling your pouch.

good luck to you and tony!!! have a GRRRRRRREAT day!

wow thanks...oh i know frosted flakes aren't the best...i just wanted to try some different things, i hadn't seen cerial listed anywhere...i appreciate all the advice...um and one bowl of cerial added to my 700-800 cal diet currently is not going to kill me:biggrin: especially compared to my pre-band 6000 calorie days (which may be me underestimating)

although its a slider, so is my SF pudding, and yeah that keeps me pretty full...but i'll definately watch it...promise i wont go crazy!

and i know if i hit a plateau or have some slow losing along the way, i know the first thing i can cut out! :biggrin: cause i sure will kick them to the curb if they mess with me!!!! LMAO:lol:

DIVA...

You know what the cool thing about eating ur Frosted Flakes would/could be?

You could actually eat them CRUNCHY and by the time you chew chew chew chew chew (you know the drill) you get two things!

A great crunchy taste your craving AND you get ur mushies.

I loved ur reply, you have a certain amt of calories to use and I am with you, all mushies for the most part are gonna slip through at this point so keep urself from goin nuts and have a pleasure food. If its cereal, so be it :-)

Good luck.. GREAT question :-)

technically you would think its a mushy, but Cereal and several other mushy things are quite hard for me to eat. pureed fruit is a killer for me! Cereal tends to give me a bit of discomfort but I do still eat it because I like it and it gives me the wholegrain carbs I need to run.