Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Persistant Diarrhea?--Help

Hi all,

I was banded two days ago and am on the full liquid diet. Currently everything I drink, i.e. Soup, Protein, Water, etc. goes through me and I have to use the bathroom. I have already gone about 8 times in the past 5-6 hours...is this normal or should I be worried. I am concerned that I might dehydrate since I am losing all of the liquids I put in my body....PLEASE ADVISE!!!:confused2:

Hi! I was banded on Tuesday, and today is the first day that i don't have what i would describe as 'explosive diarrhea! Also, Im being more aware of the waiting time before and after eating for my liquids. i think i was rushing it a bit.

good luck!

Before and after eating? If you just had surgery Tuesday why are you eating food you should still be on liquids. But hey what do I know. LOL

I had the same thing on like day 4 after surgery... i crushed an Imodium AD 2 days in a row and i was good after that... I havent had any issues since... and they were BAD those 2 days...

The same thing happened to me. I was banded July 11th. Once I started on my "mushies" I was okay. Now a week on mushies and I have the opposite problem. I think I may be having too much protien and not enough vegtables. I am being patient and just waiting for real food and my first fill. I am sure it will take time for my body to adjust to all the changes. Don't get discouraged. Just think of the end results. You have the surgery behind you and a new life ahead. Think of the great future you have in front of you. That is what I do. I am still excited about having been banded. Even through the tough times. Best of luck and think of the end prize of a healthy life.

I found that my system couldn't tolerate the Protein drinks and I had to eliminate all of them. No more explosions after that but I have had a really hard time getting all the Protein I need.

Now I am on mushies I am finding that my system is unhappy with any food and I hurt all the time. Just an ache, but not fun.

Banded 7/22/08

Good luck. Sounds like we are all normal.

I understand what you are going through right now. But I had mine about 5 days after surgery. The pain medicine was making me not go. So I took Milk of Magensia and went like crazy for three days. Finally the nurse told me to eat some apple sauce. But you are not far enough out to do that. You really need to call the Dr. That is not normal to have diarreah. Plus are you drinking clear Protein or full Liquid Protein? That makes a huge difference to.

Just my 2 cents!

I was banded on May 27, and I had the same experience with Diarreah while I was on Clear Liquids.

I was told that liquids in-liquids out is a normal stage and should last about 4 days.

I was fine after that with Constipation on the other hand....

So hang in there, you should be fine, just make sure you take your liquids in even if you have to go to the bath...

I didn't take any medication for that, it resolved on its own.

Regards

Vicky