Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Gas Pains after 5th week

I am experiencing gas that is giving me cramps. I don't know if I didn't take the Maalox long enough (the whole week after the surgery, and here and there afterwards) I am farting and belching today more than I have since the surgery. Does anyone have any home remedies to get this gas out, and how long does it take for all the gas to leave. Help!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm miserable and cranky.....................:)

i have no answer for you but wanted you to know someone feels for you. i am 5 days post op and only have the gas pains still in my shoulder (left one) so i do feel for you i do know they say walking helps the gas so have you tried walking more??

I have been excerise everyday for an hr. At first when I started to have these cramp pains, I thought maybe I am being too active. The weirdest thing is I never experienced the left shoulder pain everyone talks about, it's like the gas is trapped underneath my belly button to the right side of my back.

Are you eating/drinking a lot of sugar free things?

I had no problems tolerating sugar free prior to surgery, but post surgery I can't eat or drink it without major gas/cramps. I avoid the stuff like the plague now.

The funny thing about my situation is i didnt have any gas pains after the banding surgery.... But i just had surgery this past wed. to have my gallbladder removed and my shoulders are killing me.. Left more than right..

I finally know what everyone is talking about and biy am i miserable...

So when do they go away.. ive been doing the walking.. im about 3days post op:eek:

I am there with the gas pains too. I am 2 days post op and my left shoulder is killing me.

I have not had any noise/movement, so I think I will need to take something. What do you suggest?

Gilta

I was banded on 7/29 and have had the shoulder pain, mostly left, for a week. I was told to expect it but was not told how long it last. If I drink something warm like chicken broth it helps. :thumbup:

I really feel for you. My surgery was on 7/31 and i was fine the day after the surgery but then on the 2nd day. Boy i was in pain. Not from the surgery but the gas. It didn't have anywhere to go. I keept walking and i thing the thing that finally helped me the most was a heating pad. I layed on my couch propped up with pillows and put a heating pad on my tummy. I think btwn the walking and that it helped break the gas up a bit. Feel better.

Sue

I also had a HUGE gas problem. I was banded 7/2, and had about five weeks of unbeleivable gas, burping, tooting, the shoulder pains... all of it. Eventually it slowed down, now its just every few days or so. I did try gas-x strips, but honestly, they barely make a dent in the kind of gas I get. It is a dent though. I no longer take non-gassy days for granted. I actually find that if I am getting gassy, to eat (or drink) something sort of substantial. It gives the digestive juices in my big tummy something to do other than make gas. TINY TUMMIES ROCK! Keep up the good work everyone!

Are you drinking carbonated soda? if so, stop for a while.

I have been banded 5 months now and if I eat too much or too fast, I get the pain again and it lasts for a couple hours. Too much carbonated soda does it too.

Gas Pains gone as of yesterday.. and completely gone!!!!

As far as carbonation goes we shouldnt be drinking it all!! There are reasons they give us these rules.. i haven't touched soda in almost 16.5mths since being banded!!!!