Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:confused:I'm a 29yo mom. I have been overweight for about 9 years now. I have been gaining weight like crazy the past 5 years. I have tried just about every over the counter diet pill. I have starved myself. I have exercised and been in many gyms. Nothing seems to work. I am sick of buying "fat clothes". I am disgusted when I look in the mirror. I am currently 239lbs. Today I decided to make a change. I called my Dr and made an appt to discuss the lap band. I have been on-line reading up on this all day and I am ready to get this done now! I am so sick of being overweight. I don't feel pretty. I have been noticing more and more health problems. My legs swell up real bad and I have to take lasik and then I am running to the bathroom all day. Somethings not right! I can't sleep, I have acid reflux real bad and heartburn, now I am getting Migraines. When I climb stairs I am out of breath and its embarassing! My triglycerides are high. I have a family history of heart failure, high BP, high Cholestrol, breast cancer, diabetes and I know I am on my way to all of these diseases and I am scared!

I am copying this from Robert W. Sewell, M.D. F.A.C.S., & Linda Rohrbough's book. WLS with the AGB, page # 159. This all sounds too good to be true? A surgical procedure that "cures" high blood pressure? Well, the fact is that if if your blood pressure falls to normal after AGB surgery, hypertension can return unless-- are you ready this?--you get regular exercise & eat a sensible diet. This is not rocket science! I hope this book helps you. Good Luck, Hasta Pronto, George:thumbup:

Hi Tonya, I have quite the comparable story! I started at 241. I was just banded on 7/24/08 - 9 days ago. On my pre-op diet I lost 13 Lbs. and since surgery I have lost 8 Lbs. so far. I did tons of research before making my decision to have this done to my body. As I'm sure you probably will too. So far I'm happy with my decision because I knew that I needed help. Knock on wood, it hasn't been very painful at all either, just some mild discomfort here and there. Good luck in your decision. Keep us posted!

I think that it would be fine, but I am not a Dr. I'd also say though, to wait the usual 3 weeks (most other things were 3 weeks). You probably shouldn't expose your incisions to the tanning bed so soon. My Dr. told me to wait at least 3 weeks to put Mederma or anything else on them. Mederma also makes a formula with sunscreen in it, so if you do go after time, then you should either cover your scars or put sunscreen on them (or both).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches