Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going to my first seminar 8/19

I am booked for my seminar 8/19. :eek:

Does anyone know what they do there? I was told I have to attend this before I can see a surgen to have a consult. Do they set you up with a sugeon before you leave?

My pcp sent me to Royal Oak Beaumont to get started with my journey. I have high blood pressor (two meds) high cholestral (two meds) diabetes (two meds plus insulin) my bmi is also 43.:D

I need to live before I die. I have Blue care network hmo. They told me it is covered with my insurance and my Doctor would tell me what the criteria is for this. Does anyone have Blue care network hmo and had the band. I am hoping they don't make me do the 6 months diet and exercise hoops. If I could lose this on my own I would not be where I am. DUH....

I have been visiting this website off and on for about a year now,since I started investigating the Lap band. Every one seems so helpfull and sincere.

Thanks for lending an ear...

Hi Stitch....

I am also awaiting my seminar on Sept 4th. I have so far been cleared by my PCP, I am not quite the 100 lbs over but have high BP and cholesterol. I am wondering what the purpose of the seminar is myself as I have already made up my mind to move ahead with this.

Good luck to you~!

For my Dr. the seminar is simply an informational time, to show you an actual band and explain the risks, etc. You would be very surprised to know that a lot of people do not do any prepraratory work or investigation and just trudge into this. I also felt the seminar would be a waste of time, but, there were a lot of good questions asked and the answers were very helpful. I also had to go through a 6 month wait for Aetna to approve me. It did help me to get into the right frame of mind to use the tool (the band is only a tool to help you), and it was a long time, but it got me really ready. Hang in there, good things come to those who wait. I wanted the band bad enough to go through what ever they told me I had to do. I would do it all again, if I had too. I will be honest and tell you that I did have to have my band removed due to slippage, BUT, the dr. told me last week I can get it back, so I am awaiting insurance approval again. Slippage is something that can happen to about 1% and I guess I was in that 1%, but it does not mean it will happen again, so I am willing to try. I lost 63 pounds in less than 7 months and already feel better.

Hi! I'm sure everyone is different but I had my informational session July 2. After the session I received a large packet of information and forms. My bariatric clinic would not schedule a consultation until I filled out all of the papers in the packet and I also needed my PCP to fill out several documents and compose a letter of medical necessity. I left the session feeling very overwhelmed. It turned out to be just fine, I filled out all of my paperwork in about a day. It ended up taking my PCP 3 weeks :thumbup: to do her part. After I mailed the packet in, the bariatric clinic called me the very next day to schedule my psych eval and dietitian consult. So thats how it worked for me. It seems like everyone is just a little different. GOOD LUCK!

most surgeons are different, mine was just a slide show of the different options, details about the surgery, etc. we also received a packet, but could schedule an appointment that day.

welcome to LBT. best of luck to you!