Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 days post-op and starting to yo-yo...

I am starting to worry.... so far I have lost 20lbs but since I started eating solids I have slowly figured out that I can eat about anyhting (I haven't tried breads or steak, I'm too scared) and now my weight goes up a few pounds and then comes off again and I am starting to panick. The fluctuation is just 2 lbs but I can't seem to get over the 20 lb mark. My first fill is next week but I have heard that sometimes it can take up to 6 fills to give you the right restriction and I am worried I will be yo-yoing til then. I try to eat healthy, but there is a difference between eating just liquids and mushy stuff to eating real food!! Please tell me this first fill will make a bit of difference... Also, I don't know what size my band is, I have read the forums and I see that there are several sizes, I have the realize band, does anyone know if it comes in diff sizes??

I have no restriction and was banded on 6/30. I've been eating normal foods for about 1.5 weeks and can eat quite a lot before I feel anything. I have not had a fill yet and will assume this will limit your intake. My dietician has me restricted to 1500 cals per day which seems to incure 1-2 lbs of weight loss a week...but I've seen the same yo-yo'ing.

monicasf, don't panic! It is completely normal. When I started eating solid foodsd again, I gained a couple of pounds, and then I hit a plateau. I still followed the plan and only ate what I was supposed to eat. After a few weeks, I broke through the plateau. Your body is in shock! Just hang in there and stick to the plan. Remember that right now your job is to make sure you make those lifestyle changes. 20 pounds so far is great, and you should be excited about that. Keep up the good work, and you will just keep adding to that 20!

I am only 16 days post op and have been on mushie food for a few days.. my weight loss has stopped completely... yet i am eating the right foods & not too much of them! It is really getting me down... I lost 12lb my first week then only 1lb the second week now its not moving at all.... is this normal?

Its really upsetting me.. i'd appreciate any thoughts or stories of your experiences at about 16 days post op.... thanks

Im in bandster hell too. My scale hasnt moved since last week.

Thank you guys, I am happy to know there are several of us in bandster hell =). I guess we just need to hang in there making good food choices. I hope this upcoming fill helps me a little bit.

Have you strated excercising yet? My doctor said 6 weeks but I am wondering if I could walk in the treadmill for 30-45 mins. Any thoughts?

I find myself in the same place as everyone else here. I lost weight in the couple of weeks after surgery but I haven't lost anything in the last three weeks. I see the same half a pound go up and down. I watch what I eat and weigh and measure foods but it is frustrating when the scale isn't budging. I have my first fill on July 31st and hope this will help.

Deb

I was banded June 27, 2008

Six Month Insurance Required Diet -20

Two Weeks Optifast Pre op -08

Surgery June 27 -10

Everyone, just hang in there. I was where all of you were after my surgery, and now I've lost more than 50 pounds just a few months later. It does work! I know it's very frustrating at times, but just stick with it.

monicasf, My doctor wanted me walking as soon as I felt like it after surgery. I couldn't lift anything more than 10 pounds (I think that was it) until 7 or 8 weeks out. But, I even started doing pilates (modified) after 3 weeks. You might want to check with your doctor, but it's probably fine to walk.