Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I'm 34 (35 in August). I'm a wife to a Navy man...mother to 4 beautiful kids (3 girls, 1 boy). All of my kids are between the ages of 5 and 7 months.

I'm looking forward to a new and improved me!! I want to buy clothes in the misses section...I want to run with my kids and not be winded...I want to be excited about trying on clothes...gosh so many wants!!

My name is Michelle. I am 38 years old, married to a wonderful man named Sean, and we have a beautiful (although ornery :)) 3 year old daughter named Agnes.

I am looking forward to:

1. Being a better mother for Agnes.

2. Being able to see my c-section scar without having to lift up 25 pounds of flab.

3. Seeing my feet! I love shoes so I can't wait until I can really see them!

4. Not being paranoid about flying because the seatbelt may not fit. It has happened 3 times and I have never asked for an extender. I just can't do it.

5. Being a better wife for Sean.

6. Buying clothes in any store I want! Even if it is just Target. I don't care I don't want to have to walk into a plus-size store ever again.

7. Not being referred to as plus-size.

8. Not being the fat friend.

9. Not having "such a beautiful face". Ugh, I hate that compliment.

10. Being able to go diving or snorkeling and being able to get back in the boat without looking like a walrus trying to climb in a boat.

11. To live my life to the fullest! There is way too much I have been missing out on. I am sick of being paranoid because of my fat. I just want to live.

This is a great!

I'm 37 years old, married 6 years to my wonderful DH. We have an 18 month old little boy who is the light of our lives. I'm a part time school counselor--who is still enjoying summer vacation!

What I'm looking forward to with LapBand-

Having the energy to chase my little guy around, and being able to enjoy things like swimming at the pool or riding a bike without feeling embarrassed.

Shopping in the misses section and any store I walk into.

Having my outsides match my insides. i used to use food to cope wwith so much back in the day. I've grown a lot and changed a lot, but being overweight doesn't match that.

Did I mention the clothes??:)

Michelle ~ LOVE the list. I want all of those things!! :-)

Thanks girlie! I have a list of about 100 things. LOL

I think we are all going to be so happy with our new lives. It is going to be incredible.

I am 30 years old, married for seven years. I have 20 month old twins (boy/girl). I am looking forward to being able to have a normal stomach again. I have PCOS and have gained weight in my abdomen area and have so much flab there. I want to be able to buy clothes in a regular store. No more plus sizes and no more hiding my body behind clothes trying to make myself invisible. I want to like my body, not detest it.

I weigh about 197 lbs. Soon we'll be there,before we know it. It is so hard and slow. But when you will look back, you'll just laugh and love yourself. Can't wait.

Bella.

My name is Michelle. I am 38 years old, married to a wonderful man named Sean, and we have a beautiful (although ornery :)) 3 year old daughter named Agnes.

I am looking forward to:

1. Being a better mother for Agnes.

2. Being able to see my c-section scar without having to lift up 25 pounds of flab.

3. Seeing my feet! I love shoes so I can't wait until I can really see them!

4. Not being paranoid about flying because the seatbelt may not fit. It has happened 3 times and I have never asked for an extender. I just can't do it.

5. Being a better wife for Sean.

6. Buying clothes in any store I want! Even if it is just Target. I don't care I don't want to have to walk into a plus-size store ever again.

7. Not being referred to as plus-size.

8. Not being the fat friend.

9. Not having "such a beautiful face". Ugh, I hate that compliment.

10. Being able to go diving or snorkeling and being able to get back in the boat without looking like a walrus trying to climb in a boat.

11. To live my life to the fullest! There is way too much I have been missing out on. I am sick of being paranoid because of my fat. I just want to live.

Michelle - I love it! I actually laughed till I cried about the boat/snorkeling comment!! I completely understand that one!

I'm Amie, 33, married to my husband Bret for 15 yrs, he's active duty Air Force and were stationed in UT. We have 3 beautiful children, a 13 yr old daughter (yikes!), a 11 yr old daughter, and a 4 yr old little boy. I am a cosmetologist, and am soo looking forward to being able to work without my feet and ankles killing me, and fitting in with all of the stylish people in this industry, having more energy for my hubby and kids, and just fitting in...everywhere, in clothes, and mostly in life. My birthday is in Sept, so this is the greatest present of all, a new ME. I feel like I'm being re-born. Sounds corny, but I'm sure you all will understand. Yay for us!! :biggrin2:

I'm 37 yrs old. Single mom to twins that are 2 and a half, and a 11 yr old, all boys. I'm a sahm, on disability.

I'm looking forward to being: healthy, to having energy to deal with my three energetic boys, and not having to buy frumpy looking fat clothes.

nice to meet ya'll.

teri

Hello fellow samurai:

I'm 35 years old

Married 8 years

have a 4.5 year old son

work as a hs assistant principal

I want to spend the rest of my 30s healthy and happy so that i can be 40 & fly!

Hi! I am Lindsey. I am 30 and a SAHM. I have been married for 3 years to my DH and we have a 6 month old baby girl... I cannot wait to be cute again! And I totally get the seat belt on the airplane thing... I fly home for Christmas and I want to be comfy on the plane ride home. I want to wear normal clothes, and I don't want to fell embarrassed to leave my house like I do now... I want to be a better wife and mother, and I want to be a better ME!!! So glad you are all here and we can do this TOGETHER!!!!

Hi everyone!

I am soo glad to finally have a date and join you guys. I will be banded on Sept 15th. I am a 34 yo mother of two daughters 16 years and 2 years. I have been married to my soul mate for 5 years. I work part time at a medical center and one day a week at an auction house. I am looking forward to feeling confident about myself again! I would also love to throw my cpap machine out the window. Like all of you my list would be too long to post. The day cannot get here soon enough. Tamara

Hi September Samuris!!

I'm Sherri...32...married 7 years to John (will also be banded this fall!!)...mommy to JT, 4yo boy.

We live in Texas, just south of Dallas....I'm a SAHM.

I've never been thin...heck, I've never been average. I wore the "pretty plus" sizes at Sears when I was in elementary school!

I want to go back to school to be a home ec teacher...I want to be good at my job because I am talented, not because everyone thinks that fat girls must be good cooks!!

Hi, I'm Lauren. I'm not married nor do I have kids but I'm looking forward to losing all this fat and preparing my body for my upcoming wedding (in 2010) and so I can be healthy enough to have children. I'm 24 and I can't wait to just.. feel free. I feel like I've wasted so many years being so wrapped up in shame and insecurity. I'm ready to change my life. I look forward to wearing normal clothes sizes and not being so hung up on how I look. :P

Hi, I am 57 and have 2 boys (aged 36 and 31). I have been with my DH for 26 years. I completely understand the plane seatbelt thoughts. I travel for my work alot. I got an extender one time, long ago, and kept it. I carry it in my computer bag and used it every trip. I was banded in Aug 2007 and lost 63 pounds. In March 2008 I had slippage and had to have the band removed. It is being replaced on 9/15. Woo-hoo, can't wait. But, the good news is, after 63 pounds, I don't have to use the extender anymore. So, there is hope for all of you what are looking forward to no extenders. The band does work and it is marvelous. I had no thoughts of not getting another one if the doctor and insurance approved. They did and I will be on the band wagon again.

srknepler I totally understand the Sears thing. I also have worn larger sizes since elementary school. Can't wait to get out of the Lane Bryant and Roaman's catelogs and get to normal stores.