Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when does the pain/soreness END!!!

Im so glad you asked. I had my surgery 7/9 and I still feel sore in my stomach all the time. I have been worrying something is wrong, he knicked something, what is wrong with me?? Will it ever go away.

My doctor says its just gas, ya think? Would I know if its real pain or just from gas, it just hurts a little, but never stops.

Count me in on the whiny club. In my pain & suffering those first few days post-op, I was even emailing friends & family saying I wish i had never gone through with it. I felt like I was on my death bed. Now, 18 days post-op, I feel pretty darn good and I love my band!! Hang in there...it gets better every single day!

Hi Diva,

I was just banded on 7/23/08 and you just mentioned everything I been going through perfectly. I still have not been able to lay in my bed yet. I have been sleeping sitting up because I tried to lay on my bed and had the toughest time getting back out. I am with you about the coughing,sneezing, and worst of all laughing. I made the mistake of watching Chris Tucker in a moving and paid the price when he had me laughing out of control. The one thing that has worked great for me has been the walking. Once I start feeling pains I get up and go for a walk and the pains just seem to get better. Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Take care Diva

Hahaha, Diva you made me laugh-that's not good!:):crying: I said the same thing to my sister, that she had better stop making me laugh...it is not always the best medicine! I too had my surgery on 7/24. I'm not having too much pain and I can kinda sleep on my side now. But yesterday and today I actually had a bit more shoulder and port soreness than the first few days post-op. I think that is due to my lack of walking the last 2 days for sure because the 1st few days I slowly walked quite a bit (site seeing in Mexico-no car), but since being home I took it easy and stayed in. Tomorrow I will be out for a walk. Have you lost any weight since the surgery?? I've only lost 1LB, and it is very frustrating!!! I've only been on Clear Liquids. I thought that would be the silver lining in the clear liquid phase, but no! I'm hoping that it is just bloating and Water retention from surgery.:) Speedy recovery and weight loss!

Ok I'm doing better...I'm almost ready to leave the club :) But shoulder pain daily! As for losing any weight... Not any since Saturday... I've read a hundred threads that I shouldn't be concerned with loss and I should focus on healing...but I know my body and I'm basically eating NOTHING compared to what I use to eat... So I was expecting a little something, aha! Then I looked at the sodium content of the chicken broth I've been adding to everything!! Holy crap! Ok I've been adding broth to my condensed cream Soups instead of Water when I blend them and I add extra broth to make them super watery....yeah I should probably be more concerned with my blood pressure and not the scale! :) I've never seen sodium number like that! One can of Soup 1600mg 1 cup of broth 960mg. So my diet is basically water and salt :crying: Ok maybe sodium is the problem, maybe there's no problem at all... I'm trying ( VERY VERY HARD) to not concern myself with numbers on the scale, yet, and ignore post from people who are 11 days post op and think thier weight loss has stopped and are upset cause they lost 9 lBS of IV fluids week one and 2 lBS week two and think the bands broke .... I'm like it's my body adjusting I'm just going to keep doing the right things go for my walks till I can get back in the gym, eat what I'm supposed to, and keep up with fills, I have 3 fill appt scheduled already :tt2: im trying to stay positive, so good luck to all, hopefully we'll all be feeling great soon and the next generation of whiny babies will start up mid august LOL LOL

I actually feel like this surgery has been pretty easy. Let me preface with the fact that I had a breast reduction 6 yrs ago that was the worst thing I've ever experienced. If you think that getting up and down now, with your belly hurting is bad, try it with 200+ stitches across your chest wall! You use your chest muscles MUCH more when moving around and getting up. It was hot, searing pain across my chest every time I moved.

So, this is easy! I was banded 2 days ago, and this morning, a little of the muscle soreness is gone, and now really only incision pain remains. I can SO deal with that. I just hold my belly still when I get up and down with a little pressure, no problem. So far, I don't think I've had the gas pain from the laproscopy, maybe I just am not recognizing it if it's there...

I have a little tightness, and I think I'm getting dehydrated, because I woke up like 10 times last night with my mouth so dry, I couldn't stand to close it. But, I had a glass of Water by the bed, and took a sip, then went right back to sleep.

I'm sitting in a oversized chair with one of those big wedge pillows with the armests, using an ottoman to prop my feet. I'm very comfortable.

I am SO happy to not be hungry!!!!!! Still only clear liquids and no hunger pangs!!

Has anyone had Fluid or seepage from their incision (port area, I think). I'm 2 days post-op and this just started this morning (Wed, 7/30).

It takes a couple weeks to get back to your normal self. If anything you may have over did it the first day - 5 - 10 minutes walking every hour?? no way. I was up and walking 2 hours after surgery but no where near that amount. I did have to sleep in a recliner for about 2 weeks, laying down was too painful even with a pain pump and pain pills.< /p>

Did you get pain pills?are you taking them?

Are you on a pain pump? I was, it was great, but kinda got in the way.

Has anyone had Fluid or seepage from their incision (port area, I think). I'm 2 days post-op and this just started this morning (Wed, 7/30).

I had seepage from one of my small incisions on day 6. I called and the PA said not to worry about it. Call your doctor's office. They need to know and may want to see you.

call your doctor, its probably nothing but they need to know and will tell you either to come in or not to worry.

Edited by mnn2501

I actually feel like this surgery has been pretty easy. Let me preface with the fact that I had a breast reduction 6 yrs ago that was the worst thing I've ever experienced. If you think that getting up and down now, with your belly hurting is bad, try it with 200+ stitches across your chest wall! You use your chest muscles MUCH more when moving around and getting up. It was hot, searing pain across my chest every time I moved.

So, this is easy! I was banded 2 days ago, and this morning, a little of the muscle soreness is gone, and now really only incision pain remains. I can SO deal with that. I just hold my belly still when I get up and down with a little pressure, no problem. So far, I don't think I've had the gas pain from the laproscopy, maybe I just am not recognizing it if it's there...

I have a little tightness, and I think I'm getting dehydrated, because I woke up like 10 times last night with my mouth so dry, I couldn't stand to close it. But, I had a glass of Water by the bed, and took a sip, then went right back to sleep.

I'm sitting in a oversized chair with one of those big wedge pillows with the armests, using an ottoman to prop my feet. I'm very comfortable.

I am SO happy to not be hungry!!!!!! Still only clear liquids and no hunger pangs!!

I had to respond because i to have had a breast reduction(4 mo. ago) & A tummy tuck(2 yrs ago) and my port area was bothering me more then eather of them, other then the drain tubes which really bite. It just goes to show you everyone responds differently to each surgery. feeling much better now, but i've been hungery since the pre op. Can't wait for mushies Good luck to you.

Thanks, crzytchr, for your reply. I called surgeon's office and the nurse did want to see me right away (I was running a low-grade fever). It wound up being my On-Q catheter! My body couldn't absorb all of the medicine it was giving to me so had no choice but to push it right back out of the port incision. So she removed it and no more dripping fluids.