Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you played this game?

10 months out and eating what doesn t make me slime...i m losing but veryyyyy slowly.had a fill last week and it doesn t seem any more restrictive than before.i had a scoop of vanilla soft serve ice cream 3 days after the fill(with my 30 y/o daughter)and today she is harping on my eating habits!

I am here looking for help~~and found it.!

"band friendly" ~~wonderful term.i can go to taco bell and have 1/2 of nachos supreme and belly feels good...no choking.

Can eat pureed chicken-a bite of ground beef-a super soft scrambled egg bite or any similar Proteins and almost instantly slime/barf.!

I was defensive and said"what do you want me to eat"-i m so tired of chicken broth-low fat yogurt-sugar free pudding...etc.

I don t pig out-i don t eat cookies/candy-etc.but i am easier with mashed potatoes or potatoe soup-instant grits.

Wrong foods.!

I am reminded here that i had committment in the beginning-and need to renew that .!

I will be back on here every day for strength and support.i have 53# off and 25 to go. I want to have this my life style. Not to ever-ever go back to "fat grama".

Thank you all for your testimonies......

Thank you so much I wrote down your list and will look at it everyday. I will have my first consult with a surgeon next month and am excited. I have been reading the scary experiences after surgery, and I'm concerned. Is this surgery right for me? I am 48 and 2yrs ago i had a heart attack and had 4 stents in my arteries. I quit smoking (heavy smoker 2 pks a day) and gained a lot of weight. I am 5'4 and weigh 240. About 100 lbs overweight.I am hopeful about this surgery but didn't know the band stays in forever. I would so appericiate any feed back. Thanks sher1422:eek:

Sounds good. I'm 3 years post, lost 100 lbs, would still like to lose another 30 but just can't seem to get there. One month at a time sounds great, thanks.

brd

I'm a total loss. Even though we paid for the surgery it seems I won't use it properly. I lost 17 pounds then it seems I just quit working with it. What is wrong with me. My husband lost his job soon after and we had to relocate. We are getting settled now and my husband says "are there any more excuses". I don't know if I need to try another fill. My doctor doesn't accept failures and I don't want to go back to him. I'm stuck.:biggrin:

Dear Taz,

First let me say this; you are not alone. You have has some MAJOR life changes, (surgery, lose of job, moving, ect..) any one of these can send even the "best" of us to the kitchen to seek comfort in our life long friend/foe, food. Please stop beating yourself up for being human. As corny as it sounds you really need to belive that you are worth the time and effort it take to change your life. You have not failed, this is a life long event. You have had setbacks, not failure. The doctor should be your partner in this fight, but if he is not, find peolpe who are. This is not like a diet where you have regained weight and you feel ashamed and alone. There are lots of us band people and we have been there and we are here for you. Take a time out to think about all the reasons why you got the lap band, list out some goals, (not weight, but life long), and write down ten things you like about yourself. Find out how much you have to offer to the rest of us and try to use that as inspiration. YOu can do this! Let me know if I can do anything to help!

-Nora

I was banded 11/09/2007. I haven't been on this site in some time, probably from shear embarrassment about my sub-standard performance with the band. I have gone through my "job stress-blah-blah" phase. Now what is my excuse?

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the band, because I have lost 34 pounds with it, and 24 before that. So 58 pounds since November 2006 is definitely a positive move, right?

I eat so many healthy things every day, but around 2pm every day at work, I loose my mind. I raid the chocolate bowl. Sometimes as many as 14 chocolate bites (you know the miniature kinds). I feel stressed because I have to write the majority of the day, feel side-tracked, distracted, stressed, whatever, and then boom-don't get in my way during the five trips back and forth to the bowl. Embarrassing....

I am not sure how to lick this horrible habit I have. If I could only stay away from the chocolate and incorporate 30 minutes of walking every day, I think I would start loosing again.... So why can't I do these simple things???

I am glad you found your avenue and the lap band got you on track to knowthat the will power was there buut simply ahd to find it congrats.