Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I'm going to SPRINT past my goal weight, and I'm scared!

When I was told I'd plateau 4 times during my weight loss, I was fine with it, prepared if you will.

But what about the complete opposite? My goal weight is 150. 3 weeks ago I was at 174, today I'm at 156.

It's coming off WAY TOO FAST. I thought it took longer to take the weight off when approaching your goal weight?

I'm uneasy about losing so fast. I'd like to put the brakes on.

Anybody experience this? And how did you put the brakes on?

Wow! It sounds like your metabolism has really gone into high gear and you've turned into a fat burning machine! Congratulations on your weight loss!! (I'm inspired and a little jealous ... ha, ha)

How many calories do you consume each day? If you increase your calorie intake, you're weight loss should slow down. (But make it good calories.)

Wow! I'm quite jealous! Maybe having a bit of an unfill? I would first, talk to your doctor about your concerns, then see what he suggests!

Holy Toledo!!! I'd just love to kow how you did it!!! And there were 4 plateaus in there!!?? The only thing that comes to mind is--I'm wondering if you are really insulin resistent while you were overweight and now you aren't any longer as you have been in a normal range. Insulin resistance does get better as we lose weight but it might be that it's even better in you. What does your MD say? Is s/he concerned? Are you eating well? Is your goal weight set at between 20 to 25 BMI? Could be that your body wants to be 23 BMI instead of heavier. That would be even healthier than 25 BMI.

Ya know what, I don't know what my BMI should be. I'm 5'8". I think I'm supposed to weigh about 150. That's what my goal always was at weight watchers anyway! Maybe my goal should be lower? A girl at work said she could see me at 140... hmmm... Maybe I should re-set my goal.

I think because my restriction was so tight after this last fill, I haven't eaten much. I am actually going to get an unfill tomorrow. I hope I will be able to eat more and I really don't care if I stop losing weight!!!!

You can read about BMI at the CDC (which is the most authoritive place to get it from). You can use this link: BMI - Body Mass Index: Adult BMI Calculator: English | DNPAO | CDC

I checked it and you are WELL within a healthy range! 140 almost sounds too low. See what your MD says. Ya. It sounds like you need to let your band out and start working on good, healthy maintenance eating. Good for you!! You did GREAT! :ohmy::blushing::biggrin:

You are brave to get down to 150 at 5'8". Wow, I am impressed. I am 5'8" too and my goal weight is 185-200. My lapband doctor is happy with that. Weight Watchers wants me at around 160 I believe. I am fine with a size 16 though.

Back before they did this whole BMI thing, my old primary care physician told me that an average framed woman should weigh 100 pounds at 5', and 5 pounds for every inch after that. That put me at 135 (I'm 5'7"). It would put you at 140 IF you are indeed average framed. I would say that 140 is probably still a "safe" weight for someone of your height. Going under that might not be the best idea. But if you feel great and your doctor is not concerned, then so what? The scale is just numbers . . . I would go by how you feel. If you're already scared, go get a slight unfill maybe.

I know that I weighed 135 throughout high school. At 140, I felt a little chubby next to the super skinny cheerleaders, but I would kill to weigh 140 now. When I got down to 122 because I was sick, my doctor threatened to hospitalize me because I looked emaciated. They put me on Ensure and my weight went back up.

Then, well, many years later, it REALLY went back up . . . LOL . . . and that's why I'm here!

At 5'7", my goal is 150. But if I happened to fly right past it and land at 135, I would NOT be complaining! :unsure:

I think you're doing AWESOME! Amazing results!

wow i could only wish for all this :biggrin:

You are brave to get down to 150 at 5'8". Wow, I am impressed. I am 5'8" too and my goal weight is 185-200. My lapband doctor is happy with that. Weight Watchers wants me at around 160 I believe. I am fine with a size 16 though.

Julie, My best friend just had her bypass done with Dr. McKeen. She's having a hell of a time. Her surgery was on June 11th. She still hasn't eaten more than a teaspoon of cheese. He extended her work leave until August 11th now. I am wondering what he told her her goal weight should be. She's 5'6".

Back before they did this whole BMI thing, my old primary care physician told me that an average framed woman should weigh 100 pounds at 5', and 5 pounds for every inch after that. That put me at 135 (I'm 5'7"). It would put you at 140 IF you are indeed average framed. I would say that 140 is probably still a "safe" weight for someone of your height. Going under that might not be the best idea. But if you feel great and your doctor is not concerned, then so what? The scale is just numbers . . . I would go by how you feel. If you're already scared, go get a slight unfill maybe.

I know that I weighed 135 throughout high school. At 140, I felt a little chubby next to the super skinny cheerleaders, but I would kill to weigh 140 now. When I got down to 122 because I was sick, my doctor threatened to hospitalize me because I looked emaciated. They put me on Ensure and my weight went back up.

Then, well, many years later, it REALLY went back up . . . LOL . . . and that's why I'm here!

At 5'7", my goal is 150. But if I happened to fly right past it and land at 135, I would NOT be complaining! :seeya:

I think you're doing AWESOME! Amazing results!

I also heard the same thing! 5' = 100#, add 5#s for every inch!

I went yesterday and got an unfill. I had .5ccs taken out. I hope it wasn't too much. I can eat now though. I am only eating Beans right now because I have a mouth infection from the lack of Protein. It hurts really bad... I think I am happy at 156. I don't think I want to lose any more weight actually. I just need to excercise now.