Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Insurance Gods Plz grant me just 1 wish

Well I finally made it through...6 months of weight loss study, sleep study, physc & nutriton visit. I did it all!!!!!!! So my fate now rest in the hands of the Insurance Gods........I beg that they will grant me this one request. All of my paperwork will be submitted to insurance on Monday so I hope to have an answer soon. Any ideas on how long it takes for insurace approval? I have Humana EPO in TX.

6 mos weigh loss started 2/13/08 ended 7/16/08

sleep study 3/11/08

physc & nutrition 6/11/08

submitting for insurance approval 07/21/08

received approval ?/??/??

surgery date ?/??/??

Hi,

i am at the same place that you are-waiting on last result which should be in 3 days. The woman that handles the ins at my hosp said my bc/bs hmo takes about 2 days for the medical group to make a decision. I just have faith god will work everything out in his time. Good luck to you

i dont know why they make us do all of that stuff...i just started doing it and i am kinda tried of seeing docter..i am kinda the person who hates talking about myself and my weigh...but i know in the end that i can get my lap-band and lose the weight i have to tell myself that or i will just gave up...like i have in the past.

Good luck to you waiting on approval. The wait time varies by insurance company. I got my approval in less than 24 hours.

I'll add you to my Insurance God worshing dance I'm also praying to them to approve me good luck!

xgrl

Add me to your list too please??? LOL I would very much appreciate it and will add both of you to my "Quick Approval Prayer" too. I have my last nutritional class today and surgery consult tomorrow and then they will be sending to insurance. I am soooo hoping for an August surgery date. Good luck to all on their weight loss journey.

Hi. I just registered and am anticipating surgery in September. Is there an expectation (or unspoken requirement) that there be weight loss during the six months of doctor visits, etc.?

CMTURNER, I'm dancing for you! they are submitting mine today.

-most people lose and gain on their diets I gained the first two months and lost the last 4 of course the total loss was 11lbs from the like 8 I gained in the first two. Most of us our here because of yo yoing weight problems I think the 6 month diet is just to prove that you have made a effort to lose that's well documented by your doctor. Make sure you pull records from every doctor that you have been to that can be anyway related to your obesity trust me good documentation is the best thing when submitting to insurance (or so i've heard from many people) GOOD LUCK!!!!

I still feel like I am in a dream........ The paper work was sent over to my insurance company on Tues (7/22/8) & I was told to expect 10 biz days at least for approval. I actually RECEIVED MY APPROVAL on Thursday 07/24/08. I am so excited it is really going to happen. Still haven't gotten a surgery date yet but with what I have left I say within 3-4 weeks I should be banded!!!!!:thumbup::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

I'm so happy for you! I can't wait till I get some kind of news hoping for the same results as yours I'd love to be in the dream!!!! They called me today and said they recieved the paper work apparently my paperwork was more than 50 pages so it had to be mailed instead of faxed my only hope is that they are like this is to much shit to read we'll just approve her lol! Good Luck to us All!!! :thumbup:

My case went through Humana too...it took me 7 days to get a reply..they are pretty quick. Mine got denied up front so I had to file an appeal. The appeals process took only two weeks. GOOD LUCK!!! KEEP THE FAITH!!!

Wow did you not have to do the 2wk pre opt diet? I know they told me I will have to complete that b4 my surgery can happen. I go to do my blood work & ekg this Thursday so I plan to start my diet then :):scared2::mad2:. I am not looking forward to that or to the two weeks of nothing but luquids after the surgery......but I know it will be worth it in the long run.

I'm so tired of waiting....I keep calling the insurance company and they keep telling me that it'll be another 5-7 days I know it's only been a little over a week but I just feel like I'm holding my breath till the moment I find out :smile: I almost feel like I've already been denied because it's taking so long :biggrin:

CONGRATS! See praying and dancing does work! I just found out friday (Aug 1) that they still don't have the notes from my 5 minute history and physical from the surgeon (July 23). So I am hoping they get that asap and get all the stuff sent to insurance quickly.

xgrl

I did some extra praying last night so you and I should be announcing our surgery dates soon.