Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! My nose is not working right....

Hi All,

I am looking for any suggestions that you may have to my nose issue.

11 weeks ago I had jaw surgery and 4 weeks ago Lap Band surgery. Lapband was easy because I could not eat from my jaw surgery. I have yet to really eat solid foods.

My Issue- meat stinks to me now. I usually have yogurt, yogurt smoothies, Atkins drinks, 42 gram protien shots, Water, Vitamin water, and all of my Vitamins.< /p>

If I smell meat at all, I nearly gag. Today at work in an attempt to begin eating more solid food (as I have no energy) I ordered a scrambled egg with cheese and bacon on the side- It stunk when my co-worker brought it to me.

Later I ordered a chicken salad and potatoe salad- trying to find something that I could have a few bites of and when I opened the chicken salad, it smelled awful. I know it was not spoiled, its just me.

It has been 11 weeks since I have had food my jaw does hurt when I chew but now I need more nutrition to make it through the day.

I know of you are thinking why is she trying to eat those things and had the lapband, because I do not know what to eat anymore and I need the protien and I am trying anything that I can. I can only eat about 3 to 4 bites and I am full. Not sure if I have restriction or if my stomach has shriveled up from lack of food over the past 11 weeks.

HELP ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Thanks

It seems like a strange situation but I know sometimes things can affect you in weird ways. Some things smelled really bad to me when I was pregnant that I typically would like. Perhaps you just need to reaclimate yourself to them one step at a time.

Yes, I was going to ask if you could be PG? Maybe hormonal? Perhaps a consult with your MD would be good. SS

Pregnant, NAW!!! My daughter is almost 22, no more kiddies for me. (smile)

This is the wierdest thing. Same thing today. I have several friends that have had gastric bypass and they told me you may loose your taste for some things and acquire a taste for this they did not like before.

The human body...how interesting. I dont mind loosing a taste for something but to have all meat smell rancid to me is a bit much.

Thanks for your comments.