Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Real" life taking away from online time, checking in!

Hey everyone, I haven't been on in a while and have noticed that a lot of us seem to be busy busy with our new, thinner, post-op lives. I just felt like checking in and saying hi! I had my first fill today! It was just a little one and was no big deal, only now I'm on liquids today then soft foods tomorrow. After being on solids for 2 weeks and being able to eat whatever I want, liquids sucks! Haha. I've started going to the gym more, I just got back from vacation so I want to go more now. I've been stuck on the same 2 or 3 pounds for the last couple weeks, so frustrating! I'm hoping that now that I'm back from vacation I can get a little more on track :tongue_smilie: I'm down 17 pounds since surgery, 27 pounds since my pre-op diet. I can't wait to break the 200 pound mark! Only 3 pounds to loose before I hit 199!! I can't wait! People have started noticing my weight loss, especially in my butt lol. How is everyone else doing???

Hey Allison, I got banded on May 5th. I'm almost at the same weight as you. I have had two fills about 4 weeks apart, but I feel no restriction! I have to watch what I eat. I also started the couch to 5k program. I read about it on one of the fourms a week ago, and I just started. It slowly takes you from a couch potato to RUNNING in two months! SO I hope to lose more weight now that I'm excercising.Check in later. And good luck! :embaressed_smile:

Hey Allison!

Like you, I rarely have time to post, a couple of times a week. I do cruise by daily but only have time to read a few posts.

I have had 4 fills and think I may be at my sweet spot. The best thing I have done to keep my weight loss steady is the Couch-to-5K like Watchout is talking about. I just do each week until I feel comfortable with it before moving to the next. DH just told me tonight that he noticed I am running a good bit faster than the first few weeks. Of course, the first few weeks, he was walking and we kept up with one another... tonight I passed him 2 or 3 times. :wub:

I can't wait to get to ONEderland -- you're SO close! Right now, I'm just taking it 10 pounds at a time!

We have more energy! That's why we're not camped out in front of the computer anymore! May 22 (my surgery date) used to have a bunch of posters several times a day. After the 22nd, it all stopped. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one that survived the surgery...............:wub: